Billy Gilmour

Kuro

He's looking very good, and I'd have him in the squad based purely on this.  Still wouldn't want to subject him to the pressure of being in the team though.  Playing in a very talented Chelsea squad at home in an exciting cup game might make him look better than playing in a desperate Scotland team getting hounded by the fans.

Future's well and truly bright for him though, and hopefully for us.

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:
1 hour ago, Binos said:
It's virtually a reserve fixture
Liverpool have made seven changes themselves
Still, great chance to impress

It's still a relatively strong Chelsea team - Gilmour's the only inexperienced player there. Liverpool's is more a mix of the two.

Yeah bit harsh

Gilmours looking good

A midfield of gilmour mctominay mcginn would do me

4 minutes ago, forameus said:

He's looking very good, and I'd have him in the squad based purely on this.  Still wouldn't want to subject him to the pressure of being in the team though.  Playing in a very talented Chelsea squad at home in an exciting cup game might make him look better than playing in a desperate Scotland team getting hounded by the fans.

Future's well and truly bright for him though, and hopefully for us.

The things people say

Yeah, he's a good player so we don't want to damage him by playing for our awful side??

1 hour ago, Binos said:

It's virtually a reserve fixture

Liverpool have made seven changes themselves

Still, great chance to impress

And those 2 reserve sides would wipe the floor with the Old Firm

Guys like Christie and Jack will never play at this level

Get Gilmour in the Scotland squad! 

Just now, Binos said:

The things people say

Yeah, he's a good player so we don't want to damage him by playing for our awful side??

Because I'm sure no-one can think of any examples of players playing worse for us than their club side, right?

No, we don't want to shove him into the side for our biggest game of ages and pin all our hopes on someone who has barely played any minutes.  Because that's what would happen.  It ALWAYS happens.  Should he start in every single Chelsea game between now and the playoff game, he's in with a shout.  Should we somehow manage to get through that and he becomes a regular at Chelsea for the rest of the season and keeps impressing, he'll be nailed on.  But at the moment, in my opinion it'd be a big risk to start him.

2 minutes ago, forameus said:

Because I'm sure no-one can think of any examples of players playing worse for us than their club side, right?

No, we don't want to shove him into the side for our biggest game of ages and pin all our hopes on someone who has barely played any minutes.  Because that's what would happen.  It ALWAYS happens.  Should he start in every single Chelsea game between now and the playoff game, he's in with a shout.  Should we somehow manage to get through that and he becomes a regular at Chelsea for the rest of the season and keeps impressing, he'll be nailed on.  But at the moment, in my opinion it'd be a big risk to start him.

Maybe we can cap him at 27

5 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

I think Christie could

Premier league level, midtable

10 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

Where was that guy on P&B saying that Scott Brown could play for any Premiership team.

Those were the days.

Edited by red23

He was outstanding. Best player on the park and bags of confidence. Played like he' had years of top fitba. Hopefully he'll start the next couple for Chelsea.

He at the very least needs to be in the squad for the playoff.