Billy Gilmour

Kuro

Congrats to Pep for once again managing to derail a thread with some utter moonball tangent (this time, the success or otherwise of the youth system at Brechin, a team which has no apparent connection with the thread's titular hero).

Bravo sir.

3 hours ago, Antiochas III said:

Neither would Gilmour if Chelsea were not under an embargo 

Chelsea aren't under an embargo and had the whole January window to sign players but instead of doing that Gilmour was promoted to the first team. Of course things might change in the summer but it's clear everyone at Chelsea is delighted with Gilmours progress.

It's virtually a reserve fixture
Liverpool have made seven changes themselves
Still, great chance to impress
It's still a relatively strong Chelsea team - Gilmour's the only inexperienced player there. Liverpool's is more a mix of the two.

Clearly a pity start. Will be stinking it out at Crossgate Primrose by 2022. Mark my words

Seriously tho'... what a weird fixture to be given yer first start: that's getting flung into the deep end
He's played a lot of cup games - definitely started against Man Utd in the League Cup and got the runaround from McTominay.

9 minutes ago, craigkillie said:
27 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:
Clearly a pity start. Will be stinking it out at Crossgate Primrose by 2022. Mark my words

Seriously tho'... what a weird fixture to be given yer first start: that's getting flung into the deep end

He's played a lot of cup games - definitely started against Man Utd in the League Cup and got the runaround from McTominay.

Aye he just bounced off McTominay, you can see the difference the five years between them makes.  

Technically he is tremendous though.  I've watched a bit of him with Chelsea u23's, he is top drawer technically.  He could hit some of his passes a little harder and take one less touch sometimes but really looks sensational technically, as good a young midfielder as there is in Europe.  Looking forward to seeing him tonight.

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

He's very good on the ball, even compared to his Chelsea teammates. I have no doubt he will make it at that level if he can learn to handle himself a bit more physically.

Totally, in terms of his technical level he's probably the best player on the park tonight, or certainly up there.  All the rest will come with time.

Edited by Carnoustie Young Guvnor

He's very good on the ball, even compared to his Chelsea teammates. I have no doubt he will make it at that level if he can learn to handle himself a bit more physically.

He reminds me of Barry Ferguson in the way he demands the ball off his centre backs.