Billy Gilmour

Kuro

On 02/11/2019 at 18:41, Jeremiah Cole said:

Utter nonsense

Gilmour is on the Chelsea bench today alongside Hudson-Odoi

They are both the same age and Hudson-Odoi has already been capped twice by England

If Gilmour is good enough to be stripped for Chelsea then he’s more than good enough to be stripped for Scotland

The Scotland midfield needs to be McGinn, McTominay & Gilmour 

Anyone who thinks Gilmour should be ahead of the likes of Christie in the pecking order needs to seek some serious psychiatric advice.

Maybe he will turn out to be in time, however at the moment he's playing youth football and getting the odd appearance in a mickey mouse cup competition.

I think some need a reality check............

Anyone who thinks Gilmour should be ahead of the likes of Christie in the pecking order needs to seek some serious psychiatric advice.
Maybe he will turn out to be in time, however at the moment he's playing youth football and getting the odd appearance in a mickey mouse cup competition.
I think some need a reality check............

Gilmour in the matchday squad in the Premiership with Chelsea again today.

Anyone who thinks that Christie will ever be good enough to be in the matchday squad with a world class team like Chelsea needs to seek some serious psychiatric advice.

11 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

He’s clearly out of favour. Finished, if you will. Needs a move abroad - perhaps Germany or Portugal.

Portugal has a good track record, Sporting maybe?

Edited by Burnie_man

3 minutes ago, thisal said:

Chelsea are a top team, But they also have a transfer ban. Which is undoubtedly helping Gilmour's 1st team chances. Not a bad thing though.

Of course, they are being linked with milinkovic -savic too so I think a loan move is best for Gilmour quite soon.  But he's doing tremendously we'll just now.

Also worth saying that the Republic of Ireland are starting Lee O’Connor and Troy Parrot tonight, in what is the first professional appearance for both.

O’Connor is a 19 year old centre back at Celtic (I’d genuinely never heard of him) and Parrot is 17 year old Tottenham striker.

Pretty sure that Wales have a couple of players that are regular squad members from Liverpool and you only see them in the Carabooooo Cup ties!!!
Also didn’t England take Theo Walcott to a World Cup and he hadn’t even made a first team appearance for Arsenal???

Aye but what we've been doing has been working great the last twenty years so.we should just keep at it and ignore what other more successful countries do, what would they know.  Holland cap 18 year olds with 3 senior appearqnces, and Wales and Ireland regularly cap players with none.

The though I don't think there's a rush with gilmour.

If it was a position we were short in, I think he'd have been called up. But we have some good options already at CM and I don't think Gilmour has showed enough just yet to prove he should start ahead of Fleck, Christie or McGinn.

Would be extremely harsh to drop those players to shoe-horn a young boy in just because he plays for Chelsea. 

16 hours ago, Paco said:

Also worth saying that the Republic of Ireland are starting Lee O’Connor and Troy Parrot tonight, in what is the first professional appearance for both.

O’Connor is a 19 year old centre back at Celtic (I’d genuinely never heard of him) and Parrot is 17 year old Tottenham striker.

Hilarious that folk think it's silly to call up the likes of Gilmour, especially for nonsense games like these two coming up. Just about every other country in the world doesn't hesitate to cap these types of players, we tell them "yur no gid enough yit".

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

If it was a position we were short in, I think he'd have been called up. But we have some good options already at CM and I don't think Gilmour has showed enough just yet to prove he should start ahead of Fleck, Christie or McGinn.

Would be extremely harsh to drop those players to shoe-horn a young boy in just because he plays for Chelsea. 

Who's saying start him?

Is there any chance at all of Gilmour being nabbed by someone else? If so, I'd have him around the squad and capped on those grounds alone if that was an issue!

In all seriousness though, you've got a guy who people are hailing as world class and the next Xavi etc coming through at a big club. I don't really think any of us are qualified to comment on what environment is going to be the best for him to play his trade right now but I you get a squad of 23 at international level and if the management wanted to go the route of Wales and reserve a few places for these sorts of players to make up the numbers I've got no issues with that.

35 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Is there any chance at all of Gilmour being nabbed by someone else?

Doubt it think he's definitely committed to Scotland. He will go out on loan next season imo and that will be a good time to start calling him up.