Fort William 2021-22 Thread

Aqy

5 minutes ago, Woody from Fort William said:

First bit of valid criticism I’ve heard so far.

Good luck against Nairn tonight. They're being a bit cocky, changing 7 players from their Vale win on Saturday, according to the Courier. Hope you pump them rotten, their man on twitter last year was a right pompous c**t.

ICT aren’t ‘not interested’ in the reserve league so much but we don’t really have the players to field a reserve team. We have a thin first-team squad and an U18 squad. Our reserve side would likely consist of Cammy Mackay, Kevin McHattie and a bunch of 16/17 year olds and we’d likely get smashed every week (if we could even field a team). It makes sense for us to get these guys (about 90% of our youth team basically) to get competitive football every week which will help to bridge the gap between U18s and the first team.

10 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

ICT aren’t ‘not interested’ in the reserve league so much but we don’t really have the players to field a reserve team. We have a thin first-team squad and an U18 squad. Our reserve side would likely consist of Cammy Mackay, Kevin McHattie and a bunch of 16/17 year olds and we’d likely get smashed every week (if we could even field a team). It makes sense for us to get these guys (about 90% of our youth team basically) to get competitive football every week which will help to bridge the gap between U18s and the first team.

Any idea what kind of age group you'll field against Lossie tonight in the North Cup? I'd have thought you'd be running out.

Any idea what kind of age group you'll field against Lossie tonight in the North Cup? I'd have thought you'd be running out.

There’s 7 youth players (that I know of, although at least one is injured) that have been kept. Last season we played a few fringe players in this, like Trafford, Austin and a couple more. It’ll likely be a mix.

2 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

There’s 7 youth players (that I know of, although at least one is injured) that have been kept. Last season we played a few fringe players in this, like Trafford, Austin and a couple more. It’ll likely be a mix.

No odds on it with McBookies unfortunately, I predict a win for Lossie after being narrowly being beaten by Fort for the worst team in the Galaxy award last season. And beating Huntly on Saturday of course.

I used to be in the "lol they're shit that is so banter well in lads" camp but the recent (i.e., over the last 4/5 years) media circlewank over Fort William is rather nauseating.  A number of columns and puff pieces and now a documentary all dedicated to how shite they are - it's the worst kind of hair ruffling patronising nonsense.

No odds on it with McBookies unfortunately, I predict a win for Lossie after being narrowly being beaten by Fort for the worst team in the Galaxy award last season. And beating Huntly on Saturday of course.

Very strong side from ICT with a few first teamers/top youth players. You’d imagine this side should have too much.

C Mackay (GK)
Thain
Harper
Carson
Gamble
McHattie
Machado
MacGregor
Todorov
Doran
D Mackay

Bench is Hoban (GK), Harkness, Davies, Hogg.

I used to be in the "lol they're shit that is so banter well in lads" camp but the recent (i.e., over the last 4/5 years) media circlewank over Fort William is rather nauseating.  A number of columns and puff pieces and now a documentary all dedicated to how shite they are - it's the worst kind of hair ruffling patronising nonsense.

^^^ liked Kings of Leon before they were famous.

6 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

There's are many non-league clubs in Scotland doing good work on social media, you just need to look, but you can't compare them to fulltime clubs with social media teams.

The only story FW have to "sell" is being shite.  Not exactly something for any club to aspire to.

And they are actually not as "shite" as they claim to be, not even close to the worst team in Britain. It's just that they are in a league which is above their level. I've watched both Fort William and Coupar Angus last season. If they'd play each other, FW would trounce Coupar Angus. CA are actually a better example of a club staying alive against all odds in for them very challenging times, all down to very hard working committee members for who I can have nothing but respect. Yet they don't get the attention.

6 minutes ago, Marten said:

And they are actually not as "shite" as they claim to be, not even close to the worst team in Britain. It's just that they are in a league which is above their level. I've watched both Fort William and Coupar Angus last season. If they'd play each other, FW would trounce Coupar Angus. CA are actually a better example of a club staying alive against all odds in for them very challenging times, all down to very hard working committee members for who I can have nothing but respect. Yet they don't get the attention.

I thought Coupar Angus had just been promoted to the newly split Super League, despite being really shite. Can't imagine they've got a lot to whine about.

Just now, welshbairn said:

I thought Coupar Angus had just been promoted to the newly split Super League, despite being really shite. Can't imagine they've got a lot to whine about.

No, they're in the East Region Premier League, so still in the 2nd tier of the east juniors.

Lossie weren’t even close to being as shite as Fort were last season. We were as far removed from them as Cove were from us.