Fort William 2021-22 Thread

Aqy

Hi I don’t normally comment on this but just to clear it up, the boys had ham salad or macaroni.  I however had the full breakfast it was lovely.  Everybody will fight for their place in the team we are not under any obligation to play any loan players. I just want to say a huge thank you to those on these pages who have supported us, and to the haters, well that’s on you. 

4 minutes ago, Woody from Fort William said:

Hi I don’t normally comment on this but just to clear it up, the boys had ham salad or macaroni.  I however had the full breakfast it was lovely.  Everybody will fight for their place in the team we are not under any obligation to play any loan players. I just want to say a huge thank you to those on these pages who have supported us, and to the haters, well that’s on you. 

I watched the documentary Woody. 

You know today I had a conversation with a top SPFL club director who was keen to write off the importance of Social Media. How timely it was to turn on my telly tonight and to see a semi pro club reaping the benefits from their Social Media efforts with increased merchandising sales, donations and general interest. Fans of big clubs might well snort and sneer but often the truth it their club directors would do well to pay attention to the work guys like you do for your community. Keep it up. All the best for the season ahead. 

1 hour ago, Woody from Fort William said:

Where was the cafe? Thought I knew every place between Fort and Lossie, but I suppose you might have turned right at Spean Bridge?

11 hours ago, Malky3 said:

I watched the documentary Woody. 

You know today I had a conversation with a top SPFL club director who was keen to write off the importance of Social Media. How timely it was to turn on my telly tonight and to see a semi pro club reaping the benefits from their Social Media efforts with increased merchandising sales, donations and general interest. Fans of big clubs might well snort and sneer but often the truth it their club directors would do well to pay attention to the work guys like you do for your community. Keep it up. All the best for the season ahead. 

Let's be honest here, that is all the result of being utter shite, getting humped every week and the club being promoted as "Britain's Worst" by the media.  If they were a middle of the road HFL team, then they would have middle of the road HFL team sales, donations and exposure.

31 minutes ago, List_of_Jericho said:

Surely anyone watching that last night must have the upmost respect for what the committee/management do to keep the club running, talk about a thankless task.

Happens up an down the country at non-league level every week.

27 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Let's be honest here, that is all the result of being utter shite, getting humped every week and the club being promoted as "Britain's Worst" by the media.  If they were a middle of the road HFL team, then they would have middle of the road HFL team sales, donations and exposure.

Its about them selling a story. Nothing wrong with that at all. 

Theres quite a few middle of the road clubs that have boosted their popularity and exposure in recent years. Look at the Salford City story or Sunderland Til I Die on Netflix. Right now Motherwell are making a lot of progress with their Social Media output which helped land them a sponsorship deal with Paddy Power and there are a few clubs whose Twitter feeds are worth following because of how funny they can be. 

Theres loads of other examples around Europe

Fans like interaction with their clubs. Social media facilitates that. 

12 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Its about them selling a story. Nothing wrong with that at all. 

Theres quite a few middle of the road clubs that have boosted their popularity and exposure in recent years. Look at the Salford City story or Sunderland Til I Die on Netflix. Right now Motherwell are making a lot of progress with their Social Media output which helped land them a sponsorship deal with Paddy Power and there are a few clubs whose Twitter feeds are worth following because of how funny they can be. 

Theres loads of other examples around Europe

Fans like interaction with their clubs. Social media facilitates that. 

There's are many non-league clubs in Scotland doing good work on social media, you just need to look, but you can't compare them to fulltime clubs with social media teams.

The only story FW have to "sell" is being shite.  Not exactly something for any club to aspire to.

4 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

There's are many non-league clubs in Scotland doing good work on social media, you just need to look, but you can't compare them to fulltime clubs with social media teams.

The only story FW have to "sell" is being shite.  Not exactly something for any club to aspire to.

Quite. But as I said in my first post it was an SPFL Premiership club Director who was deriding the importance of Social Media

You can only piss with the cock you've got. If they can cash in and gain popularity through being shite they may as well do it.

It may even help them make steps towards not being shite in the future.

32 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

You sound bitter.

Maybe Fort got a bit lucky through social media & Loki Doki on YouTube latching onto them, good luck to them. Their youth sides seem to be doing ok and as 'big Willie the Barman' who 'ate Kenny Miller' 😀said that could be promising for them.

14 hours ago, Woody from Fort William said:

Image result for kenneth williams

Edited by Jacksgranda

22 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

You can only piss with the cock you've got. If they can cash in and gain popularity through being shite they may as well do it.

It may even help them make steps towards not being shite in the future.

I don't disagree.

13 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

You sound bitter.

Maybe Fort got a bit lucky through social media & Loki Doki on YouTube latching onto them, good luck to them. Their youth sides seem to be doing ok and as 'big Willie the Barman' who 'ate Kenny Miller' 😀said that could be promising for them.

No, it's called calling it out for what it is.