Fort William 2021-22 Thread

Aqy

On 12/12/2021 at 11:32, LongTimeLurker said:

Haven't checked but I assume that means the playoff is defined as being for the bottom placed club with nothing having been added to address the issue of what happens if a club folds and has its recored expunged midseason Selkirk style.

Presumably that obviates the need for a play-off?   Like when Aldershot went bust in the middle of 1991-92, Carlisle didn't get relegated for being 23rd out of 23, Aldershot were simply replaced by Colchester.

The wording of the Lowland League constitution was a complete mess when Selkirk folded a few seasons back because it only mentioned the bottom placed club getting relegated and Selkirk were no longer in the league table after their record had been expunged. Looks like that scenario is not happening with Fort William though.

Fort will finish the season. They always do. In all their years of shit, they've only rarely come close to folding, and probably never as close as folk think. Even at their worst - no committee, changing rooms on fire, ground being vandalised - they always carried on. 

If only they could monetize the nonsensical press they get, they'd be out of this league in three seasons. 

39 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Fort will finish the season. They always do. In all their years of shit, they've only rarely come close to folding, and probably never as close as folk think. Even at their worst - no committee, changing rooms on fire, ground being vandalised - they always carried on. 

If only they could monetize the nonsensical press they get, they'd be out of this league in three seasons. 

They should take a few lessons from Loch Ness Sportswear FC Ltd.

5 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Is there any actual figures on how many shirts Loch Ness sold? I know there was a bit of "look at these cool shirt designs" press but did anyone actually buy one?

Heard something about 800, might have been more. They got loads of free publicity on breakfast telly and the like.

P.S. Here you go, could be a lot more by now..

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/sport/loch-ness-football-club-sell-800-shirts-worldwide-in-monster-success-206200/

Edited by welshbairn

42 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

I assume this would be New Street FC:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andover_New_Street_F.C.

From the tenth tier in England apparently.

He's from New Street FC in St Helens who play in the Warrington & District League.

I don't even know if its in the pyramid 

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

He's from New Street FC in St Helens who play in the Warrington & District League.

I don't even know if its in the pyramid 

This is the picture on top of their twitter page. I'm not suggesting they're a pub team, but yes, they probably are.

1080x360

What is the deal with these signings from non-league football in Wales and England.  Are these players moving up to Fort William and getting jobs from their sponsors or are they simply paying their travel expenses (which will be extortinate) and not really practical for someone with a job down south - Boss, can I get off early on Wednesday as i need to be in Brora for a 7.45pm kick off......

1 hour ago, Caledonian1 said:

What is the deal with these signings from non-league football in Wales and England.  Are these players moving up to Fort William and getting jobs from their sponsors or are they simply paying their travel expenses (which will be extortinate) and not really practical for someone with a job down south - Boss, can I get off early on Wednesday as i need to be in Brora for a 7.45pm kick off......

You must not have heard the story about Fort going full time !!! 

Full time Sherpas

7 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

You must not have heard the story about Fort going full time !!! 

sorry I didnt hear that....need to look back on this thread.  Sounds like a mental plan

ETA...fair enough had a wee look back and as i suspected you were taking the piss. So no answer on how they intend to finance these players from English and Welsh football.

Edited by Caledonian1