Fort William 2021-22 Thread

Aqy

Just now, theoriginalhedge said:

The team sheet normally doesn't . People talk though. 

It might be new to Brechin, but overall it's not a new experience for Fort William. They often struggle for numbers, more so for away games. In a season of away games it shouldn't be a shock to see them struggle more than normal.

10 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

The team sheet normally doesn't . People talk though. 

Thing is, you've gone from claiming it as a fact, to "seemingly" so, to a rumour. It could well be true of course, perhaps we'll never know..

Edited by welshbairn

He's not worth wasting time on. Looking a bit ominous for Fort William though in terms of fulfilling all their fixtures this season if they are struggling for numbers to that extent on a Saturday afternoon. Can't be easy playing every game away from home. Hopefully local Fort William amateur players would actually be interested in playing in the NCL (presumably anyway) when the time comes.

Just now, LongTimeLurker said:

He's not worth wasting time on. Looking a bit ominous for Fort William though in terms of fulfilling all their fixtures this season if they are struggling for numbers to that extent on a Saturday afternoon. Can't be easy playing every game away from home. Hopefully local Fort William amateur players would actually be interested in playing in the NCL (presumably anyway) when the time comes.

I'd imagine Strathspey and Turriff at least will be very keen on Fort fulfilling their fixtures, even to the extent of loaning players if necessary.

Just now, welshbairn said:

Thing is, you've gone from claiming it as a fact, to "seemingly" so, to a rumour. It could well be true of course.

I apologise , I thought the Elgin guy was being sarcastic . It came from a couple of good sources so I don't doubt it. 

I think if you dig a bit deeper  into the Deveronvale game you might get a similar story. ;)

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'd imagine Strathspey and Turriff at least will be very keen on Fort fulfilling their fixtures, even to the extent of loaning players if necessary.

Haven't checked but I assume that means the playoff is defined as being for the bottom placed club with nothing having been added to address the issue of what happens if a club folds and has its recored expunged midseason Selkirk style.

7 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Haven't checked but I assume that means the playoff is defined as being for the bottom placed club with nothing having been added to address the issue of what happens if a club folds and has its recored expunged midseason Selkirk style.

Yeah, I suppose it's more likely the eligible tier 6 winner would get automatic promotion without a playoff v the bottom HL side, and no possibility of demotion.

14 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

What happens if the club folds mid season ? I assume all their fixtures will be turned in to 3-0 walkovers ? 

On 12/12/2021 at 11:26, theoriginalhedge said:

I apologise , I thought the Elgin guy was being sarcastic . It came from a couple of good sources so I don't doubt it. 

I think if you dig a bit deeper  into the Deveronvale game you might get a similar story. ;)

Not sarcastic. I was just wondering if it was a fact as you seemed to be intimating or just guessing.

• 2 weeks later...