Fort William 2021-22 Thread

Aqy

2 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Aw , you've certainly pulled at my heart strings there . 

If only fitba worked that way . 🤔

If you hadn't noticed your not in the SPFL now m8 :P I refer you to Buckie Thistle's League winning finish in 2016/17. :whistle

P.S. I did say it was theoretically possible, not that it's likely to happen.. If it was proposed by Fort I'd imagine Strathspey Thistle and Turriff at a minimum would object to it anyway.

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

If you hadn't noticed your not in the SPFL now m8 :P I refer you to Buckie Thistle's League winning finish in 2016/17. :whistle

P.S. I did say it was theoretically possible, not that it's likely to happen.. If it was proposed by Fort I'd imagine Strathspey Thistle and Turriff at a minimum would object to it anyway.

Is this a norm in the highland league ?  To just make up random stuff through the season ? 

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Ah. I get it . ;)

I noticed  in our last couple of seasons in league 2 when the lowland league started throwing all sorts of random  shite at us , the media joined in thinking it was clever.  All stating that the progressive clubs should be allowed to thrive ...................Now they are questioning Kelty's sustainability . :lol:

The highland league  seems  a different animal altogether.  Buckie apart , the atmosphere is a lot friendlier but that doesn't automatically mean you can make stuff up as you go along. 

8 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Ah. I get it . ;)

I noticed  in our last couple of seasons in league 2 when the lowland league started throwing all sorts of random  shite at us , the media joined in thinking it was clever.  All stating that the progressive clubs should be allowed to thrive ...................Now they are questioning Kelty's sustainability . :lol:

The highland league  seems  a different animal altogether.  Buckie apart , the atmosphere is a lot friendlier but that doesn't automatically mean you can make stuff up as you go along. 

Hate to mention Ken Ferguson's shenanigans, so I won't. Don't get why you'd be annoyed by Fort hosting a few home games though, whining about hospitality sounds a bit greedy tbh.

Edited by welshbairn

Just now, welshbairn said:

Hate to mention Ken Ferguson's shenanigans, so I won't.

You just did . :lol:

But yes . That question was put firmly in its place at the time of asking which worked out ok for us in the long run.  Same as the question you have posed.  Thankfully (hopefully)  it is only your opinion and the national media won't jump on it and add the arms and legs. 

Ironically Ken's request maybe wasn't such a bad idea after all as the boundaries are currently the topic of discussion. 

The media are very fickle. 

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Hate to mention Ken Ferguson's shenanigans, so I won't. Don't get why you'd be annoyed by Fort hosting a few home games though, whining about hospitality sounds a bit greedy tbh.

I am not only talking about us but every other club who have invested  on hospitality as a source of matchday  income . 

Fort are a club in the same league as all of us . They are no more entitled to special treatment than all of  us . The ruling for the league was made at the start of the season when they couldn't meet the required criteria to fulfil their league matches . By all accounts the league were entitled to not allow them to compete at all but (rightfully) went with the current SEASON LONG solution.  

I am sorry but if the league were to suddenly have a change of heart now it would throw all sorts of problems into the pot. I used hospitality as one.  What about the clubs in the league below?  I'm sure they would have something to say  as Fort could well have opened up a free space had the league decided to throw them out at the start.  .....................Instead you suggest  they overturn a punishment on the basis of feeling sorry for them .

Edited by theoriginalhedge

38 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

.Instead you suggest  they overturn a punishment on the basis of feeling sorry for them .

I don't give a f**k about Fort tbh, they've been taking the pish for twenty years, just want a final Clach away day down there.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

I don't give a f**k about Fort tbh, they've been taking the pish for twenty years, just want a final Clach away day down there.

Some of our guys were a bit disappointed about missing out too but I assured them that Fort William as a place is a total let down. 

20 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Some of our guys were a bit disappointed about missing out too but I assured them that Fort William as a place is a total let down. 

Only if you look from the outside, inside the pubs is fine. :)

P.S. You can't have been to Huntly yet. :lol:

Edited by welshbairn

On 05/12/2021 at 15:41, Squonk said:

Surprised nobody has mentioned that Fort William have had more matches postponed this season than anyone else, despite all of their matches being played away from home due to the pre-season condition of Claggan Park. It's quite ironic that Claggan Park is in the best condition it's ever been, while the Fort's matches at venues around the country are regularly postponed due to unplayable pitches.

Probably because it's not being played on every fortnight. Or 4 times a month come the end of the season.

On 22/11/2021 at 13:11, HibeeJibee said:

Got beaten 10-0 at Deveronvale on Saturday: according to FN had no subs, played most of 2nd half with 10 men after an injury, are operating without a manager and only took a couple of non-players.

Apparently finished with 9-men today due to injuries.

Listed 1 sub.