Fort William 2021-22 Thread

Aqy

Hopefully Fort's time in the HL is up come the end of season play off........

As a Vale and Highland football fan I've had enough of their nonsense now. 

They're an absolute red neck and would be better off with fellow publicity seekers Loch Ness fc in the NCL.

Banks o Dee may hammer us but would far rather have them than the road show that is FWFC.......

43 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Hopefully Fort's time in the HL is up come the end of season play off........

As a Vale and Highland football fan I've had enough of their nonsense now. 

They're an absolute red neck and would be better off with fellow publicity seekers Loch Ness fc in the NCL.

Banks o Dee may hammer us but would far rather have them than the road show that is FWFC.......

I think the chance of FW being relegated it’s absolutely 100% unless your man can perform a miracle. By which I mean not finishing bottom, as the team that finishes bottom will get hammered by the North Superleague of Midland League winners.

5 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Is this fella bringing players from down south or abroad with him (and if so how on earth is that being funded: indeed it surprised me they can afford this manager)? If not you're looking at their existing squad. They only had a bare 11 players last time out - and during the month of November they only played 2 games losing 10-1 and 10-0. I'd suppose this publicity might flush out a few local players - or perhaps not - but I'm not entirely sure how experience in Mongolia and Samoa helps get new bodies in, and even if he's an ace analyst that and his badges can only improve the current group so far.

Expected them to try look to bring in somebody experienced locally - maybe from the welfare/amateur scene now it's finished until the spring - not another left field media promotion. It has echoes of their previous escapades; like jetting in scholarship boys from America, featuring in their own reality TV series, or bringing up English pros by giving them local jobs.

I like the cut of the new Manager's jib, sounds like a proper adventurer, but I suspect he might be a bit of a fantasist. If it doesn't pay off I won't be blaming Fort at all, a worthy throw of the dice with nothing to lose.

Surprised nobody has mentioned that Fort William have had more matches postponed this season than anyone else, despite all of their matches being played away from home due to the pre-season condition of Claggan Park. It's quite ironic that Claggan Park is in the best condition it's ever been, while the Fort's matches at venues around the country are regularly postponed due to unplayable pitches.

26 minutes ago, Squonk said:

Surprised nobody has mentioned that Fort William have had more matches postponed this season than anyone else, despite all of their matches being played away from home due to the pre-season condition of Claggan Park. It's quite ironic that Claggan Park is in the best condition it's ever been, while the Fort's matches at venues around the country are regularly postponed due to unplayable pitches.

Given that nobody has played Fort more than once yet, it should be possible to rearrange fixtures to allow Claggan Park to reopen without disadvantaging anyone. Not sure if the rule book would allow that though.

20 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Given that nobody has played Fort more than once yet, it should be possible to rearrange fixtures to allow Claggan Park to reopen without disadvantaging anyone. Not sure if the rule book would allow that though.

Maybe think about that one a bit longer. 

Not all have played Fort as an "away" fixture so of course it would disadvantage some. We haven't played them at all , so it would definitely disadvantage us. 

The precedent has been set with even one of their "home "  fixtures played at another ground . 

3 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Maybe think about that one a bit longer. 

Not all have played Fort as an "away" fixture so of course it would disadvantage some. We haven't played them at all , so it would definitely disadvantage us. 

The precedent has been set with even one of their "home "  fixtures played at another ground . 

I'm not saying it's likely to happen, but theoretically they could switch around home and aways so everyone has one Fort fixture at home and one at Claggan.

17 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'm not saying it's likely to happen, but theoretically they could switch around home and aways so everyone has one Fort fixture at home and one at Claggan.

Not when people are booking hospitality etc  in advance  . 

This ruling was made to stop Fort being chucked out of the league . It was a compromised season long  punishment to allow them to fulfill fixtures .

To over rule now on another sentimental whim is just wrong. 

1 minute ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Not when people are booking hospitality etc  in advance  . 

This ruling was made to stop Fort being chucked out of the league . It was a compromised season long  punishment to allow them to fulfill fixtures .

To over rule now on another sentimental whim is just wrong. 

Shame if so, it's quite the awayday and likely the last opportunity. I don't think a visit to Claggan Park holds any fear for any of their competitors, and that's unlikely to change with their new manager.

Not quite sure how it works with Fort playing their home games away, but they definitely get some of the gate money, no idea about hospitality. In return they're expected to share the home ground duties like manning the gates etc, which they've been accused of neglecting in the past, no idea about this season.

54 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Shame if so, it's quite the awayday and likely the last opportunity. I don't think a visit to Claggan Park holds any fear for any of their competitors, and that's unlikely to change with their new manager.

Aw , you've certainly pulled at my heart strings there . 

If only fitba worked that way . 🤔