Fort William 2021-22 Thread

Aqy

A fascinating appointment. Like with the rube who scored a panenka penalty* and later had to miss games due to media commitments, it’ll get them some rake of publicity. We did wonder what they’d try next. 

Still, it might stop them whining about their pitch for five minutes. 

* - the consolation goal in a 5-1 loss. 

17 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

He is currently being interviewed on Talksport. He seems to have a good line in meaningless corporate management speak and also seems to thinks the club is called Fort Williams.

Brechin got loads of enquiries like these when we were plummeting down the leagues,  along with the usual "Fifa football manager " spoofers .  Can't really believe that anyone would take a chance on any of them ....................................Mind you we did employ Barry Smith and Mark Wilson so maybe it's not such a bad shout. :lol:

Is this fella bringing players from down south or abroad with him (and if so how on earth is that being funded: indeed it surprised me they can afford this manager)? If not you're looking at their existing squad. They only had a bare 11 players last time out - and during the month of November they only played 2 games losing 10-1 and 10-0. I'd suppose this publicity might flush out a few local players - or perhaps not - but I'm not entirely sure how experience in Mongolia and Samoa helps get new bodies in, and even if he's an ace analyst that and his badges can only improve the current group so far.

Expected them to try look to bring in somebody experienced locally - maybe from the welfare/amateur scene now it's finished until the spring - not another left field media promotion. It has echoes of their previous escapades; like jetting in scholarship boys from America, featuring in their own reality TV series, or bringing up English pros by giving them local jobs.

If you're not excited about Mijiddorj Oyunbaatar and Jarvis Filimalae firing Fort William to 2021/22 North Caledonian League title then yer just dead inside. 

The other option is some glorified Football Manager youtuber will somehow making Fort William more of a laughing stock. Should be a laugh either way.

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

On 18/01/2020 at 09:44, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
On 17/01/2020 at 22:41, Jimmy Shaker said:
Losing twice in a season to Fort? f**k off to the NCL with you, you jakey mess.

I wonder if you'll be saying the same when they overtake your gang in the league.

Nearly two years later, and my gang are doing a hell of a lot better than this circus.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

You can think that. You'd be wrong, mind, but you carry on. 

lol

19 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

A fascinating appointment. Like with the rube who scored a panenka penalty* and later had to miss games due to media commitments, it’ll get them some rake of publicity. We did wonder what they’d try next. 

Still, it might stop them whining about their pitch for five minutes. 

* - the consolation goal in a 5-1 loss. 

It's absolutely oozing out you mate.