Fort William 2021-22 Thread

Aqy

Breedon Highland League - Venue Alteration
 Please note that the Breedon Highland League match between Fort William and Brora Rangers, scheduled for Saturday 19th December 2020, has been switched to Dudgeon Park, Brora.

The switch of venue has been approved by the League Management Committee to afford Claggan Park more time for recovery from urgent pitch repairs.
News Date 11/12/2020

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Aye this is the beginning of the end for them I think.

Edit - Unless they relocate to Inverness when they get relegated to the North Caley in May. 95% of their players are from here anyway.

Edited by TheScarf

"Consideration of the options available" - did this include moving to the astro at Lochaber HS for the season?

If the league were willing to work with the club in a compassionate and pragmatic way, I don't see why this couldn't have been an option for a season.

The number of postponements would certainly have dropped.

I don't really know the full circumstances here, but from the outside this does seem rather draconian.

If this marks the end of Claggan Park as a Highland League ground, I'm just glad I managed to get myself to a game up there before the end came.

They did a tonne of work to the pitch last year and it’s made no difference. Don’t think they could afford to change to an Astro pitch.  The problem with Lochaber HS is that I don’t think it’s up to licensing standards to be used.

3 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Making them play all games at their opponent's stadium seem particularly harsh. Zero gate receipts + 2x travelling costs could sink them completely.

Surely a ground share at Canal Park or Grant Street would be a better solution?

I've seen this said a few times now by different people. Where exactly does it say they're not getting any gate receipts?