Fort William 2021-22 Thread

Aqy

12 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

When I see the amount of clubs that can switch to astro pitches with funding and grants I wonder what barriers there are for The Fort in doing the same. The location, size of town, catchment area, potential use as a community space for such a large area make it appear ripe for such a scheme. There would be more folk in Lochaber who could make use of it than just Fort William FC

Seems there's an artificial pitch at Lochaber High School. Depending on demand, local population, match funding etc. that may in itself make it hard to fund another at Fort William FC.

You don't have to only put 3Gs in senior football grounds.

Ironically - or perhaps tellingly - here's a picture of shinty players training on it:

img-7427_orig.jpg

As has been said several times before; the astro pitch went down at the high school. There was a very (very) brief flirtation with it going down on the Black Parks. Unless the Fort get some real American benefactors with half a million quid, then they're not going to get a 3G pitch. The council have already funded one.

6 hours ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Just play at the high school. 

Quite, the facilities look ok from that picture, stick the visiting blazers in a local pub for their free pint if necessary. Maybe let them play on a Sunday if the pitch isn't free on a Saturday.

1 hour ago, Aqy said:

Friday's game away to Clach has been moved to the Highland Rugby Club (by Whin Park) due to the fire at Grant Street Park over Christmas.

Bit of an advantage for Fort as the Caley loanees use it for midweek training.

42 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Fort William one nil up on Clach at Grant Street. Thought it was tomorrow and was going to head down. Welp.

It was at Highland Rugby Club.  It was pish.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

It was at Highland Rugby Club.  It was pish.

Least I didn't go to the wrong place tonight.

Seen Fort play Clach twice before, both games were utterly honking. Clach are a mess.

2 minutes ago, Aqy said:

Quality wise, or venue wise?

Quality wise.  I'd say there was a good 500 there tonight.  350 in the pic and 150 along the side I was standing.

30 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Quality wise.  I'd say there was a good 500 there tonight.  350 in the pic and 150 along the side I was standing.

Suggestion on twitter that there was 700 there. It's a really good facility but so open, you would have had more atmosphere with 100 at Clach Park. But hopefully Clach will have made a few quid from it. 

Game was poor. Shocker of a mistake from the keeper the difference between the sides.