Fort William 2021-22 Thread

Aqy

I think it was John McLeod back in April 2015, also v Rothes, in the league. Don’t think there’s been one since but will have a look.

My mate used to play for Fort and I went to their game against Preston a few years back, McLeod looked a really good player that day.

8 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Still just a cup game though, Rothes probably put their U7's on, like Nairn did. How about Clach though, beating Ross County! Heard it was the same team as Saturday though, to be expected.

4 Rothes changes from Saturday though their squad is too tight to do too much footering. Mainly guys up off the bench.

image.thumb.png.9212e7f8baa35a0a696a48883ed928ce.png

County put out a genuine youth team... 18, 16, 17,18, 19,19, 21, 18, 18, 18, 18. Keillor Dunn the only over 20. 18, 16, 16, 17 & 16 on bench. Similar line-up to the Raith game thoguh they had Harry Paton too that night.

image.thumb.png.53278d8d97225c356664c0aa225b0e6b.png

Edited by cmontheloknow

That's still a fairly strong Rothes lineup.  Was speaking to their number 3 Fraser Roberston last week and he said they would probably play their full strength.  I know Jamie Duff is usually a starter for them but it sill has a lot of HL experience in it.

Heard that Caley had a few first team players in the team that beat Forres, they must be running out of youth players having loaned 9 to Fort. Looking forward to Clach taking them on in the semi final, presumably at Caledonian Stadium? 4th September. Don't suppose they'll be running a bus from Greig Street.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Heard that Caley had a few first team players in the team that beat Forres, they must be running out of youth players having loaned 9 to Fort. Looking forward to Clach taking them on in the semi final, presumably at Caledonian Stadium? 4th September. Don't suppose they'll be running a bus from Greig Street.

How’s that bitter pill going down.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Storey, Todorov and McHattie started off the top of my head.  Can't mind who else from the first team squad.

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Rooney, Welsh, Todorov, Storey and McHattie first teamers.  Welsh and Rooney coming back from injury though.

All First Team squad other than Gamble & Hyde, so you'd expect them to give Forres, & indeed most SHFL clubs a doing on that basis

1 minute ago, Neilly said:

It's all a bit tainted now with all those players on loan from ICT.

All feels a bit Abramovich.

🙄Aye it’s all we can do to count the money here at Claggan Park. 

Aiden Taylor got a hat trick and one assist, Despite being only 19 he has played nearly every game in the last two seasons, he goes to college here and works in a local bar. So every second week he has travelled between 2-5 hours, often to get beaten 10-0 or more, travelled back, started work, ignored snide comments from the punters and went to train the next day.   All for £25 per week and he buys his own boots, what bit of that sounds like Chelsea to you?

All First Team squad other than Gamble & Hyde, so you'd expect them to give Forres, & indeed most SHFL clubs a doing on that basis

C. Mackay, Harper, Machado and MacGregor are arguably first team, but they only have about 20 appearances between them (mostly from Mackay) so it’s a stretch to call them first teamers yet. Machado hasn’t even played a first team game.

On 07/08/2019 at 21:55, craigkillie said:

The issue that Queen's Park had was that because their players were registered as amateurs, clubs could come in and sign them for free. They lost Robertson, Shankland, Connolly and Spittal for nothing as a result of this (although I think they may have received a small goodwill payment for some of them). They attempted to get around this by signing guys on nominal £1 a week contracts, but this fell foul of minimum wage issues.

United had to sign a sell-on fee of 10% in regards to Robertson, so they ended up receiving a good £300k + a small cut of United's sell on from Hull.

4 hours ago, Tarmo Kink said:

C. Mackay, Harper, Machado and MacGregor are arguably first team, but they only have about 20 appearances between them (mostly from Mackay) so it’s a stretch to call them first teamers yet. Machado hasn’t even played a first team game.

OK, let's just say that they're all players that are at the Club, full-time pros, haven't been sent out on loan, & have all been at least on the bench for the First Team over the course of the back-end of last season, pre-season, & this season. You can split hairs on definition of a 'First Team player', but that is accurate specifics, & accordingly I believe that my point stands that one would expect the team to easily beat Forres, as they did, & likely most other SHFL sides. 

Game at the weekend called off due to rain, shame as I was in the Fort on Sunday and it was a pretty decent day. Home draw in the Scottish Cup first round against Vale of Leithen should be interesting, with Vale sitting bottom of the Lowland League with no points from seven games.