Aqy

7 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I reckon "we got Golspied" will become a new phrase like "they hibsed it". 😝

Guess where Fort Williams favourite former leauge secretary lives 😂

Bankies would've been gauranteed one fan at the ground 😂

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Remarkable scenes as Fort's home game goes ahead, while the weather put paid to every Highland League match :lol:!

Fort probably still hurting from last week's spanking at Loch Ness though.

Normal service has resumed.

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Starting their pish again is it? 

I'm still blocked from their FB but they're saying a few of their players had booked holidays because the season was supposed to have finished before Easter. Disappointing that the youth players refused to step up but I don't think they're back to the batshit mental times of John Trew's reign.

Easter on not(defiantly not, if the excuse is its easter then its pathetic) not being able to get 7 players available for a league match is inexcusable. 

I've had a look back and there's zero announcement of a league extension at least for the last month, therefore they've had plenty of notice, its not like a game was called off last weekend and they've been forced to scrabble a team together( something that has happened before, and teams do get a side together.) 

Teams get reprimanded in recreational 5 aside league for late call offs, its simply unacceptable in senior football, fine + points deduction for next season seems only possible outcome with expulsion if repeated within next 2 years IMO

8 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Starting their pish again is it? 

Their pish never stopped, it just got put to one side as they were winning occasionally. They’re always going to be a bit div but this latest episode is a farce. 

Notice my emphasis on the word farce. 

Edited by Jimmy Shaker

On 01/04/2024 at 17:37, parsforlife said:

Easter on not(defiantly not, if the excuse is its easter then its pathetic) not being able to get 7 players available for a league match is inexcusable. 

I've had a look back and there's zero announcement of a league extension at least for the last month, therefore they've had plenty of notice, its not like a game was called off last weekend and they've been forced to scrabble a team together( something that has happened before, and teams do get a side together.) 

Teams get reprimanded in recreational 5 aside league for late call offs, its simply unacceptable in senior football, fine + points deduction for next season seems only possible outcome with expulsion if repeated within next 2 years IMO

Easter is unusually early this year, and for many years NCL has always ended in mid-April... league wasn't extended, and as you say it's not a recently rearranged game. Looks more like Fort just couldn't raise an XI on a holiday weekend. 

2 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Easter is unusually early this year, and for many years NCL has always ended in mid-April... league wasn't extended, and as you say it's not a recently rearranged game. Looks more like Fort just couldn't raise an XI on a holiday weekend. 

The clubs had 2 fewer fixtures this year and Fort William would have finished their fixtures by March 23rd if the Halkirk game hadn't been postponed. It's poor that they couldn't raise a team despite having reserves available, and it was daft to book holidays so soon after the scheduled season given our weather, but plenty other teams have struggled for players at the end or beginning of the season, particularly before the end of the Summer amateur leagues which are more popular than the North Caley in some parts of the region. The difference is they always manage to put some kind of team together, I hope and expect Fort William will start next season with serious negative points, it's not like they had an outbreak of the plague.

Edited by welshbairn