Fort William 2021-22 Thread

Aqy

On 19/10/2019 at 18:44, Highland ITFC said:

Great result for Fort. Anybody got a report on the game?

Fort started strong, kept the head fairly well defensively but never challenged during the first half. Albion scored after stringing together a few passes, dragging the defence out of position but it was kind of against the run of play. Rovers by far the stronger side both physically and technically, with the back line simply shrugging off all attacking moves from the Fort and winning every high ball. Albion started to flag around the 60-65 minute mark and massively took their foot off the gas. Fort had a few decent surges up the pitch and the goal was well deserved, although there was some really slack defending from Albion, who were booed off at full time while the Fort got massive cheers and celebrated like they'd won the cup.

Managed to drag my Dad along (Fort native) and really enjoyed the game, fantastic result. Fort Ultras made a lot of noise and kept the visitors' spirits up, and fair play to Woody and Peter from FWFC for chatting with everyone and getting the craic.

On ‎22‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 10:18, Aqy said:

Fort started strong, kept the head fairly well defensively but never challenged during the first half. Albion scored after stringing together a few passes, dragging the defence out of position but it was kind of against the run of play. Rovers by far the stronger side both physically and technically, with the back line simply shrugging off all attacking moves from the Fort and winning every high ball. Albion started to flag around the 60-65 minute mark and massively took their foot off the gas. Fort had a few decent surges up the pitch and the goal was well deserved, although there was some really slack defending from Albion, who were booed off at full time while the Fort got massive cheers and celebrated like they'd won the cup.

Managed to drag my Dad along (Fort native) and really enjoyed the game, fantastic result. Fort Ultras made a lot of noise and kept the visitors' spirits up, and fair play to Woody and Peter from FWFC for chatting with everyone and getting the craic.

Thanks Aqy. Will be interesting to see how 'take 2' goes this Saturday, weather permitting of course!

Was at the game on Saturday, didn't think the 5-0 scoreline was a true reflection of the game to be honest. Fort were well beaten, but 3-4 of the goals were all tap-ins or uncontested headers after defensive mistakes. Fort struggled in the air again, and had a really hard time clearing their lines.

Stupid sending off for the Albion #8 - had a fantastic game then a straight red with only a minute or two to play. Squared right up to the ref and will be surprised if he doesn't get fined or a longer ban for being such a dafty.

Ousman "Super Noodles" See had a decent game as well, and seemed to be enjoying the slagging he was getting from the young Fort boys in the stand, especially in the second half.

On 28/10/2019 at 11:18, Aqy said:

Was at the game on Saturday, didn't think the 5-0 scoreline was a true reflection of the game to be honest. Fort were well beaten, but 3-4 of the goals were all tap-ins or uncontested headers after defensive mistakes. Fort struggled in the air again, and had a really hard time clearing their lines.

Committing multiple defensive errors, being shite in the air and unable to clear the ball from danger is kinda how a 5-0 scoreline happens at any level. It sounds entirely deserved. 

Fixture this weekend reversed due to an unplayable surface, that gets postponed again anyway due to a waterlogged pitch. Highland League never fails to deliver, except when it does.

On 20/11/2019 at 12:37, Jimmy Shaker said:

Have the Ultras ( :lol: ) quit going to games after Saturday's Shame Game? Or have they been reeled back in?

Not sure - I wasn't there so have only seen the fallout on Twitter. 

Disgraceful behaviour from a Locos committee still all seshed from their business lunch yesterday. Park was whiter than a pro-Brexit rally when I walked past it at half past ten this morning, with no sign of anyone out working on it, and if anything that's when it was starting to get colder again. No danger this was going to be playable. 

Still, Fort did it to Huntly earlier this season, and having seen footage of the pitch that game should have been called off days in advance so it's swings and roundabouts. 

I travelled up from Aberdeen for the game, was surprised it was on considering all the SPFL matches that fell victim to the weather. Was even more surprised when I walked past Colony Park's pitch next door which was 40% white.

Arrived at the ground only to be told it was postponed 20mins before kick-off. Pretty poor show from Locos. The fact the official club account tweeted game on at 9:30 this morning was ridiculous. Feel really bad for Fort to travel 7hrs round trip, just to be told match off. That can't have been cheap.

It was clear that the game was never going to be on.

18 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

I travelled up from Aberdeen for the game, was surprised it was on considering all the SPFL matches that fell victim to the weather. Was even more surprised when I walked past Colony Park's pitch next door which was 40% white.

Arrived at the ground only to be told it was postponed 20mins before kick-off. Pretty poor show from Locos. The fact the official club account tweeted game on at 9:30 this morning was ridiculous. Feel really bad for Fort to travel 7hrs round trip, just to be told match off. That can't have been cheap.

It was clear that the game was never going to be on.

I think there’s now a fund to assist clubs in these circumstances. Poor shoe by locos though.

On ‎30‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 21:58, Jimmy Shaker said:

Colony's park wasn't playable when I walked past it about ten this morning. Locos was in no better a condition, and if anything the temperature had peaked at that point. Not a good look from Locos

Indeed, Colony Park's game was postponed due to frozen pitch although they rearranged a fixture at Spain Park.