Fort William 2021-22 Thread

Aqy

Hi guys looking forward to the cup match however gutted it's not in fort william

When you come down Owen's bar is the closest to the stadium 5 mins walk away under 18s are only allowed in if they are eating though,

Towards the town centre there is a wetherspoons called the Vulcan,

You will however find a load of the home fans in St Andrew's bar on sunnyside road a bit further away from the ground but good pub with ale on tap and a couple hundred malt whiskys to choose from

On 10/10/2019 at 22:34, Jimmy Shaker said:

Skelped in midweek, before calling off a Saturday game on a Thursday evening.

Hashtag running scared.

I hate it when you get 2 days to plan your weekend instead of a Saturday morning referee inspection. Bottom of the table anxiety syndrome kicking in after your Buckie skelping imo. :P

Edited by welshbairn

Hi guys just a heads up

The club are arranging for the pie and bottle of beer pre match hospitality upgrade event to return for the Fort William game.

For the small cost of £10 a head you can pop in to the Lounge pre-match, the price includes a pie and three bottled beers.

The Lounge will open at 1.30pm, follow the signs to get access.

Pay at the turnstile as normal, make your way to the club shop to purchase the upgrade ticket.  There will be a limit of 40 tickets which will be sold on a first come first serve basis.

Your drinks need to be consumed in the lounge by 1445 when the lounge will close.

Hopefully see a few there I will be behing the bar

Great result for Fort to force a replay at Claggan Park with a late goal. They seem to be saving their heroics for the Cups. I'd expect a couple of postponements with the pitch likely being a sodden bog. 

P.S. Replay next Saturday, weather permitting.

Edited by welshbairn

5 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Whens the last time Fort drew or beat league opposition in the cup? Excellent result

85-86 they took Stirling Albion to a replay before losing 0-6 in Stirling.  As far as I'm aware, only time they qualified for cup before the qualifying was scrapped and only time they've ever played league opposition in the cup until today.

Entered qualifying 78-79 until 2006-07 and qualified only in 85-86. 85-86 was their first season in Highland League and they finished 12th.  Qualifying scrapped in 2007 and since then they've had one win (Preston in 2015-16).

Edited by stanley

17 hours ago, welshbairn said:
Think that might be my doctor btw. :lol: He's never available for an appointment mind, so I'm not positive..

How do you know you're not positive if you can't get an appointment?

3 minutes ago, GordonD said:

How do you know you're not positive if you can't get an appointment?

Haven't seen him for years, always get a stand in because he's gallivanting about on conferences or whatever. But that's his name and he's beardy, so it's probably him. 

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Haven't seen him for years, always get a stand in because he's gallivanting about on conferences or whatever. But that's his name and he's beardy, so it's probably him. 

Whoosh...

Just now, GordonD said:

I meant, how can you know that you're not positive if you can't get an appointment with the doctor to get your test results?

You don't have to rub it in, I got it after you whooshed me the first time. :babe2