Fort William 2021-22 Thread

Aqy

15 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Nairn are claiming John Robertson was stood on the touchline coaching his players in the second half. You'd have thought he'd let the scam breathe a bit first before coming it like that. 

if I was involved with FW id be more embarrassed by that than any number of double figure drubbings

41 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Their location is their one real problem.

Being the wettest town in the UK doesn't help either. I played rugby down there a few times in my late teens and early twenties and when games weren't being called off due to a waterlogged pitch, the grass and mud was like running through quicksand.

10 hours ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Our first team bench last season was usually mainly made up of youths due to our thin squad plus injuries. We had about 14 U18s and a lot of them featured. We simply do not have a big enough squad to field a competitive reserve side as I have said. We’re better off loaning them for competitive football where they hopefully won’t get slapped every week.

For example, ICT could only dream of having ‘half a dozen’ first teamers who never got game time at the weekend. We were lucky to have any players in that situation last season.

By first teamers i would be counting the youths involved in the first team., you have 7 guys on a bench, even those that get on will typically get 30 mins or so.  

I would highly doubt the HL is much weaker than the reserve league.  Virtually everyone is in the same boat in that league, its alot of youngsters playing. 

By first teamers i would be counting the youths involved in the first team., you have 7 guys on a bench, even those that get on will typically get 30 mins or so.  

I would highly doubt the HL is much weaker than the reserve league.  Virtually everyone is in the same boat in that league, its alot of youngsters playing. 

A lot of our benches last season were only 5 players, sometimes even 4 because we were that stretched with injuries. We could probably just field our U18 side in the reserve league but they’d likely get smashed every week. The reserve sides I’ve watched this season have had quite a number of first teamers in it, something we cannot do.

These lineups from the Dundee Derby Reserve game show the quality that can play. It’s much better for these guys to get first team football in a proper league rather than get smashed every week by reserve sides.

Dundee: Parish, Rodger, Rice (Dow 38), Jefferies, O’Dea (E Smith 70), Hadenius (Anderson 70), O’Sullivan, Moore, Henvey (J Smith 76), Scott (Cunningham 76), Lambert.

Subs not used – Sharp, Meres.

Dundee United: Laidlaw, Watson, Booth, Fyvie (Inglis 61), Frans (Graham 61), Bouhenna (Bollan 83), M Smith, Stanton, Sow (Appere 61), Nesbitt, McMullan (Banks 63).

Subs not used - Donaldson, Cooney.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Their location is their one real problem. Moaning about having no money, a poorly-stocked committee, a disinterested community, having to travel long distances for games, that's all common to clubs in every league, especially the one they're in.  They're not even the furthest travelled in the SHFL, and if they're paying out £20 a game to their players they're almost certainly not the poorest payers. 

Nairn are claiming John Robertson was stood on the touchline coaching his players in the second half. You'd have thought he'd let the scam breathe a bit first before coming it like that. 

Still seething, the loan players did well, as did our own players it was a magical night at Claggan park. Thank you.  John Robertson did no more than any other fan shouting at the team. You might s well say that the kids mothers who were also there, coached from the sidelines. 

what other team in the HFL pay less than £20 a player, and how many pay more?

Still seething, the loan players did well, as did our own players it was a magical night at Claggan park. Thank you.  John Robertson did no more than any other fan shouting at the team. You might s well say that the kids mothers who were also there, coached from the sidelines. 

I have no reason to be seething at anything Colt William are doing unless they’re playing Lossie.

27 minutes ago, Woody from Fort William said:

Well done Woody and the Fort, hopefully a sign of things to come.

I find it laughable that the same people slating Fort for "celebrating being shite" are now slating them for bringing in the Inverness boys as if it's some kind of PSG/Man City money stunt!

28 minutes ago, Woody from Fort William said:

You never answered about which HL teams pay less than £20 per player.

I presume nothing happened about having to pay the minimum wage, including for training and travel time? Would have brought the league down to 3 or 4 survivors I'd think.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_div_1/7994140.stm

I presume nothing happened about having to pay the minimum wage, including for training and travel time? Would have brought the league down to 3 or 4 survivors I'd think.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_div_1/7994140.stm

Think the spfl have rules in place about minimum wage, and guys like cowden cowboy have confirmed its pretty well followed.

Whitehall welfare stopped paying players due to concern over minimum wage.

You would hope the SFA at least should be making inquiries over expected hours if they receive registrations with contracts that allow for the standard 10-15 hours.

I know the HL has significant travel, but i don’t think that many would drop out if they lost their £20. Especially if that funding was still put towards the playing side. Better coaches for travel, pre-match meals at fancier places, hotel stays, nights out etc.