do you like cooking?

Ylf

8 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Like throbber, cooking for me was a good excuse to get hammered in peace. Strangely, like Bairnardo, my missus really just makes cakes but otherwise dodges cooking.

Bringing back memories of this guy.

1 minute ago, Estragon IS NOT a fud said:

I can bet your shite at cooking and all. Big inch long pieces of onion in your dishes. Rotten.

It's your knife skills that are shite if it takes you 40 minutes to chop vegetables.

7 minutes ago, Estragon IS NOT a fud said:

I'd advise you keep quiet on culinary matters. When the forum wants advice on what flavour of Pom Bear crisps go best on a corn beef sandwich, that can be your time to shine

Just put me in the game coach.

Anyway, you'd better be getting started putting the dinner on. I'll not keep you any longer...

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

There is a thread for scran already where I have probably aired this opinion more than once, but I have a deep resentment of the "I dont give a f**k I only eat to live" types.

Learn to cook you lazy hoor

Everything about cooking is shite. Right from the get-go you need to visit a supermarket just to collect the ingredients, all the while trying to navigate round numerous screaming children or obese schemies, then you have the choice of using a self scan check-out which may or may not require the assistance of a human to get through it, or you can visit a brain-dead operative who throws your ingredients back at you without a care in the world. Then you need to prepare and cook the thing. Some people find this "fun" or "therapeutic" and all I can say is that I hope I never have to sit and have a pint with these people. Then, after all that hassle, you finally get to sit down and eat your meal. I'll concede, I enjoy this bit, 10 minutes of joy - then right back to the hassle of cleaning all your shit up.

There are just so many other things I'd rather do than all of that shit. 

I enjoy cooking and I've been told that I'm pretty good at it.  I've been on a few cookery courses for curries and Thai food.  I enjoy making stuff for other folk and seeing them enjoy it.

We're about to get our kitchen redone and I can't wait as it's going to be a much better set up for me cooking for the family.  Also our house isn't connected to the gas main due to it being set too far back from the road.  It would cost about £40k to get it connected.  We're getting a gas bottle store built so that I can get a gas cooker again.  I hate the electric hob we currently have.

I would also like to add my name to the "enjoys peace and quiet in the kitchen whilst cooking and getting tore in about some beer or wine" list.

Edited by KnightswoodBear

Guest bernardblack

I’m the head chef in our house. Nothing better than finishing work on a Friday and cooking up a storm with a few cans.

Recently stepped into baking and learned the hard way you really cannot go off recipe there!

do you cook the meals in your house or does the missus do it? i like cooking but only basic meals. my home made soup is really good imo [emoji16]. shepherds pie curry lasagne and chicken pasta are my limits. made sausage rolls the other week and they turned out not bad. like cooking away with the music on

Just remember it’s “shepherds pie” with lamb, “cottage pie” with beef.

I hate cooking.  Even pre-heating the oven and putting a pizza in it feels like a chore and an inevitable smoke alarm in waiting seeing as I get distracted very, very easily which seems to reset my memory of what's in for how long.  Got an Alexa thing that works wonders with the various timers however, although I somehow seem to cancel them all rather than one.

Spending an hour making something only for me to eat it within 5 mins or so has too high an effort : reward ratio for me, hence it has little appeal.  I'll very happily leave it to those who somehow manage to enjoy it.

I'm also very paranoid about under-cooking things and therefore I can't really enjoy my own food so much, that or it's burned to a crisp.  However, according to my other half, I  have exceptional skills at getting curry sauces etc up the kitchen wall in a way that defies belief.

Edited by Hedgecutter

7 hours ago, Ylf said:

do you cook the meals in your house or does the missus do it? i like cooking but only basic meals. my home made soup is really good imo emoji16.png. shepherds pie curry lasagne and chicken pasta are my limits. made sausage rolls the other week and they turned out not bad. like cooking away with the music on

Did you just assume my gender?

Did you just assume my gender?

Assumed gender and/or sexuality. It’s an old fashioned attitude portrayed in the first sentence which is quite sad, and a fair bit assumption on the posters.
Anyway, I really enjoy cooking most the time. Recently been venturing down the HelloFresh Avenue (pick a week’s worth of meals and they deliver all the ingredients to the house) as I was in a rut of pasta every other night or bunging shite in the oven. I’m skeptical of the meat quality but it hasn’t been dreadful so far.

Just now, NJ2 said:

Assumed gender and/or sexuality. It’s an old fashioned attitude portrayed in the first sentence which is quite sad, and a fair bit assumption on the posters.
Anyway, I really enjoy cooking most the time. Recently been venturing down the HelloFresh Avenue (pick a week’s worth of meals and they deliver all the ingredients to the house) as I was in a rut of pasta every other night or bunging shite in the oven. I’m skeptical of the meat quality but it hasn’t been dreadful so far.

I am a heterosexual male and enjoy cooking.