do you like cooking?

Ylf

do you cook the meals in your house or does the missus do it? i like cooking but only basic meals. my home made soup is really good imo [emoji16]. shepherds pie curry lasagne and chicken pasta are my limits. made sausage rolls the other week and they turned out not bad. like cooking away with the music on

9 minutes ago, Ylf said:

do you cook the meals in your house or does the missus do it? i like cooking but only basic meals. my home made soup is really good imo emoji16.png. shepherds pie curry lasagne and chicken pasta are my limits. made sausage rolls the other week and they turned out not bad. like cooking away with the music on

I do. I make a class chilli con carne if I do say so myself. That's a weekend job though as I let it simmer for like 4 hours.

Mrs and I generally share the cooking during the week though.

I cook basically everything. Lucky if I get cooked for once a month. Basically the day I come home from work, I might not cook that day. Thats it. 

She bakes though which I dont do.

That said, I love cooking so its bot a complaint. 

I enjoy it - just wish I had more time for it.

Mrs Maths can't cook at all. In 14 years together all she has ever made me is cheese on toast / toasted cheese / roasted cheese (delete as appropriate) and on one of those occasions she gave me the shits.

24 minutes ago, Ylf said:

do you cook the meals in your house or does the missus do it? i like cooking but only basic meals. my home made soup is really good imo emoji16.png. shepherds pie curry lasagne and chicken pasta are my limits. made sausage rolls the other week and they turned out not bad. like cooking away with the music on

I do most of the cooking now, sometimes under supervision, although yesterday my wife cooked the evening meal, all I did was peel the spuds and put them on. Put a pizza in the oven for the grandchildren, hardly counts as cooking. I quite enjoy cooking although its nothing too fancy. Sausage rolls, eh?

I love cooking breakfasts. A plateful with haggis, black pudding, quality sausage, back bacon, tattie scone and two poached eggs.  Apart from the eggs it's best to ovenbake everything - much less greasy that way.

A breakfast like that will keep you going all day and do away with any need for lunch.

:chef 

Just now, ICTJohnboy said:

I love cooking breakfasts. A plateful with haggis, black pudding, quality sausage, back bacon, tattie scone and two poached eggs.  Apart from the eggs it's best to ovenbake everything - much less greasy that way.

A breakfast like that will keep you going all day and do away with any need for lunch.

:chef 

Hash browns, and I'm assuming you've got both sausages? Add a nice cafetiere of coffee and that's you set. Love a breakfast. 

And fajitas. Don't bother with spice mixes, just make my own - mainly cajun, some paprika, cayenne pepper to taste, salt, black pepper, and a touch of turmeric. No idea on measurements as it's mainly cajun, and the only thing that really matters is not putting too much cayenne in. Chipotle mayo, rice, refried beans and grated cheese completes it.  I fucking love fajitas.

I'm always happy to cook, but usually she does - as it means I do the dishes. Luckily she's good at cooking and doesn't make as much of a mess of the kitchen as I do when I'm cooking.  

19 minutes ago, mathematics said:

I enjoy it - just wish I had more time for it.

Mrs Maths can't cook at all. In 14 years together all she has ever made me is cheese on toast / toasted cheese / roasted cheese (delete as appropriate) and on one of those occasions she gave me the shits.

Probably the time she did roasted cheese - the others would have been fine.

I really enjoy it. I like to (sometimes loosely) follow a recipe for making something for the first time, and then just pissing about with other spices and ingredients after that. I’m still wanting to master the Thai curry paste, as the ones you get out the jar are far nicer to the few attempts I’ve had at making it from scratch.

She’s really good at breakfast things and makes cracking Mexican stuff like nachos, tacos and enchiladas etc.

2 minutes ago, Estragon IS NOT a fud said:

Sitting cutting up vegetables for 40 minutes is tedious and a pain in the c**t, but after that its easy street, and can be enjoyable thinking up new things to make and try out.

Recently tarted making a batch of meals every Sunday for my lunches for work every day recently after discovering I'd spent over £600 in a year buying them every day from the shops. f**k that. Can now make a whole weeks lunch for about a £5, what I'd normally spend on a single lunch before.

You only had lunch 3 days a week?

Sitting cutting up vegetables for 40 minutes is tedious and a pain in the c**t, but after that its easy street, and can be enjoyable thinking up new things to make and try out.

Recently tarted making a batch of meals every Sunday for my lunches for work every day recently after discovering I'd spent over £600 in a year buying them every day from the shops. f**k that. Can now make a whole weeks lunch for about a £5, what I'd normally spend on a single lunch before.

this is the correct way

I can make decent mince n tatties, chicken, mushroom & spring onion fried rice, stir fry, chow mein, stews, cottage pie, beef tacos.

The missus is excellent at Roast beef/chicken and all the trimmings, steak pie etc. She seems to get the timings all spot on, I seem to do better when it's all in the one cooking receptacle 😀

Edited by Silverton End

I enjoy and do all the cooking whereas she struggles with making toast.  On the other hand, she has OCD with regards to tidying and cleanliness so the system works works pretty well in my house.  I cook, she cleans.

Edited by MONKMAN

55 minutes ago, Estragon IS NOT a fud said:

Sitting cutting up vegetables for 40 minutes is tedious and a pain in the c**t

:lol:

40 minutes?!?!  Aye I'm sure it would be, are you cooking for everyone that thinks you're a w**k?

I like cooking, I originally got into cooking roasts when younger as I saw a Yorkshire pudding recipe on tv that I wanted to make myself and then after not too long I was making the entire Sunday roast myself.

Nowadays I offer to cook nice dishes so I can get alone time in the kitchen to drink excessively, there’s nothing I enjoy more than my own time in the kitchen though when I can sneak a game on my lap top and down glass after glass of 19 crimes without getting any hassle.

4 minutes ago, Estragon IS NOT a fud said:

Yes, that's about how long it takes if you're finely chopping a few onions, peppers, carrots and some garlic etc. 

A few hundred of each maybe. 

6 minutes ago, Estragon IS NOT a fud said:

Yes, that's about how long it takes if you're finely chopping a few onions, peppers, carrots and some garlic etc. Not sure why that's so surprising to you.

Oh it's not surprising, I'm sure there are loads of other things you're absolutely pish at.