Could your mates beat the world champions?

MONKMAN

I can see three scenarios in which I could take a point off Ms Williams.

1. She's pissed off at having to waste an afternoon on something so farcical as playing me and wants to give up the point as quickly as possible so she can get on with her day.

2. She makes an uncharacteristic blunder such as tripping over her own feet.

3. She's overcome with lust at the sight of me in shorts and loses her concentration.

By luck, maybe. On merit? Not even close.

Id practice the shit out of the Nick Kygrios style shithousery and try to fluke a point that way.

You can generally look at these things as percentages. Serena might be about 85% as good as the top men say (figure plucked from nowehere)

Anyone in the top 1 or 2 hundred men are probably 85% as good as the top men, given that in elite sport 15% is a huge margin.

This makes it easy to forget that she is still 85% as good, and would therefore never surrender a successful return of serve, let alone a point to a wee scrote like me.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Id practice the shit out of the Nick Kygrios style shithousery and try to fluke a point that way.

You can generally look at these things as percentages. Serena might be about 85% as good as the top men say (figure plucked from nowehere)

Anyone in the top 1 or 2 hundred men are probably 85% as good as the top men, given that in elite sport 15% is a huge margin.

This makes it easy to forget that she is still 85% as good, and would therefore never surrender a successful return of serve, let alone a point to a wee scrote like me.

No way is Serena comparable to men ranked between 100 and 200, they'd run her ragged.

It's really a pointless comparison, if people watch enough tennis they will see plenty of decent and exciting women's matches, I've no doubt that women's football can get to a level where astronomical wages are justified.

Edited by ayrmad

On 12/07/2019 at 14:37, The OP said:

It was Paulo Sergio, I just can't remember if Pep and Paolo Sergio are the same person or just of the same species. 

Just remembered, Pep is supras rather than Paolo Sergio. 

Any half decent sunday league side would rip that USA womens team apart. All you'd have to do Is put a tough tackle In on them and they wouldn't get back up or go near the ball again plus the goalkeeping standard Is bogging.

4 hours ago, FifeArab said:

Any half decent sunday league side would rip that USA womens team apart. All you'd have to do Is put a tough tackle In on them and they wouldn't get back up or go near the ball again plus the goalkeeping standard Is bogging.

Harsh but true.

22 hours ago, FifeArab said:

A bunch of fat Sunday League cloggers wouldn’t have the fitness or pace to get near them to make a shocking tackle in the first place. They’d be be running rings round them in both fitness and technical ability.

As someone said on the thread earlier, aye fucking wee Davie and Andy with the dodgy knee, beer belly and man tits and their mates would leather a team with Rose Lavelle, Megan Rapinoe and Alex Morgan in it 😂.

It would be about 15-0 at half time ffs.

As someone said on the thread earlier, aye fucking wee Davie and Andy with the dodgy knee, beer belly and man tits and their mates would leather a team with Rose Lavelle, Megan Rapinoe and Alex Morgan in it [emoji23].
Tbf, saying their names doesnt make it any easier to put into context their abilities compared to men at various levels of the game, which, regardless of your views on the merit, was the point of the thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Some real fragile masculinity in this thread. I'm in my 20s, quite athletic and am not a terrible footballer (sub for school team was about my level) and I know for a fact that United Women would run rings past me.

Can't we just laud female footballers for the professional athletes that they are.

23 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

and am not a terrible footballer 

23 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

sub for school team was about my level

I hate to break the news to you but, you're probably pretty shite being a sub at school football tbh. 

On 29/07/2019 at 15:48, TheScarf said:

As someone said on the thread earlier, aye fucking wee Davie and Andy with the dodgy knee, beer belly and man tits and their mates would leather a team with Rose Lavelle, Megan Rapinoe and Alex Morgan in it 😂.

Have you even ever seen a women's game in the flesh? There is no chance the women could match the intensity and physicality.