Could your mates beat the world champions?

MONKMAN

4 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

I disagree, ive seen a lot of good sunday teams nevermind sat ones that are technically good, but fair enough if you think they wouldnt get near them, 

I’ve seen Junior teams that are absolute cloggers with nowhere near the technical ability of the US women’s team, never mind a fucking Sunday League team made up of boys from the pub. Reign it in you complete fantasist!

2 hours ago, ScottishZizou said:

I almost can’t believe that I’m getting dragged in to this as I hate the comparison making but Sunday league amateur teams have nowhere near the technical skill of the US women’s team 😂

This, theres a difference between a female footballer miscontrolling a ball drilled at her, with an opposition player running full pelt towards her, and fat bob taking the ball out the air while fat geoff and wee davey stand and watch him.

28 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I’ve seen Junior teams that are absolute cloggers with nowhere near the technical ability of the US women’s team, never mind a fucking Sunday League team made up of boys from the pub. Reign it in you complete fantasist!

That's true, the US women's team are technically quite decent.

However, the key difference is pressure on the ball.  See if you watched for example Scotland men's team in training or playing fives with you and your mates, you would shit your pants at how good technically they are, they would be utterly brilliant just jaw droppingly good.  But in a game situation with highly tuned athletes and big hard fast mean aggressive b*****ds in their face within a fraction of  a second as soon as they receive the ball in a remotely dangerous area, and a highly oiled tactical machine shutting down space and closing off options immediately, they don't look nearly as good.  That's why Joe Schmo football fans think things like Scotland players aren't good technically, aye not against Germany they're not but against say Auchinleck Talbot they'd be fucking amazing and against USA women's team they'd look like the Harlem Globetrotters.

Watch England's goal against the USA in the semi final, as soon as that girl got the ball about 35 yards from goal maybe 40 my first thought was wow no pressure on the ball at all, nobody within 10 or 15 yards of her, plenty of time to get her head up and play the pass out wide.  You would virtually never see that in a decent men's game, and the cross the girl put in after (quality finish btw) the CB completely lost her marker by ball watching.  She only had one player to mark, plenty time to see where the cross was coming from and going, and her body position was wrong and she didn't turn to look to see where the attacker was, so gave her absolutely miles of space in an extremely dangerous area, making the cross and finish relatively easy.  

Again, you would just rarely see that in a decent men's game and if you did it would be a major howler, that's why they talk about touch tight, watch Italian defenders they are the best in the world.  They literally have a hold of the attackers shirt in that situation so they know exactly where they are the whole time and can actually guide them a wee bit to where they want them to be, and also are slightly more side on and always make sure to turn their head and look, and wouldn't get caught wrongside like that either.  The defender should be goalside, then if the attacker nips in in front fair enough but to be wrong side and not even tight and not aware of where she is is absolutely abominable defending that a decent 12 year old CB would be torn strips off for. 

These things and the physicality are the main differences.

1 hour ago, Kuro said:

Not now, but ten or fifteen or twenty or even twenty-five years ago, there is no doubt whatsoever a team of my mates would absolutely arse rape the women's world champions, possibly double figures.  Much better than Dallas u15's.  That's not a deliberate slight its just reality, there would be two senior internationals in that side, the rest at worst Scottish third and second division.  Way better than Dallas u15s.

1 hour ago, Kuro said:

As it happens my sister played for Scotland twice, and was utter shite.

27 minutes ago, Kuro said:

However, the key difference is pressure on the ball.  See if you watched for example Scotland men's team in training or playing fives with you and your mates, you would shit your pants at how good technically they are, they would be utterly brilliant just jaw droppingly good.  But in a game situation with highly tuned athletes and big hard fast mean aggressive b*****ds in their face within a fraction of  a second as soon as they receive the ball in a remotely dangerous area, and a highly oiled tactical machine shutting down space and closing off options immediately, they don't look nearly as good.  That's why Joe Schmo football fans think things like Scotland players aren't good technically, aye not against Germany they're not but against say Auchinleck Talbot they'd be fucking amazing and against USA women's team they'd look like the Harlem Globetrotters.

Watch England's goal against the USA in the semi final, as soon as that girl got the ball about 35 yards from goal maybe 40 my first thought was wow no pressure on the ball at all, nobody within 10 or 15 yards of her, plenty of time to get her head up and play the pass out wide.  You would virtually never see that in a decent men's game, and the cross the girl put in after (quality finish btw) the CB completely lost her marker by ball watching.  She only had one player to mark, plenty time to see where the cross was coming from and going, and her body position was wrong and she didn't turn to look to see where the attacker was, so gave her absolutely miles of space in an extremely dangerous area, making the cross and finish relatively easy.  

Again, you would just rarely see that in a decent men's game and if you did it would be a major howler, that's why they talk about touch tight, watch Italian defenders they are the best in the world.  They literally have a hold of the attackers shirt in that situation so they know exactly where they are the whole time and can actually guide them a wee bit to where they want them to be, and also are slightly more side on and always make sure to turn their head and look, and wouldn't get caught wrongside like that either.  The defender should be goalside, then if the attacker nips in in front fair enough but to be wrong side and not even tight and not aware of where she is is absolutely abominable defending that a decent 12 year old CB would be torn strips off for. 

What an absolute fucking nutjob 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Correct

Watch the first three minutes of this utter dug shite from the best of the east v west juniors

On 09/07/2019 at 21:34, throbber said:

Alex Morgan is a better player than Steven Dobbie and more pumpable as well.

She is certainly not a better player, the second part is debatable.

On 07/07/2019 at 17:22, Cerberus said:

Of course.
I also play a bit of tennis with my mates and I think I could beat Serena Williams nae bother.

You're just being ridiculous.

8 hours ago, Kuro said:

Except nobody is comparing the Scotland Men’s team to anything. It was a guy saying a Sunday League team would beat the US Women’s team, which is utterly ridiculous.

16 hours ago, Kuro said:

a team of my mates would absolutely arse rape the women's world champions,

there would be two senior internationals in that side,

The first part isn't  in much doubt.

Im sure two high profile footballers won't  mind being name checked.

2 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Not only would the women beat your fat arses at football, Megan Rapinoe would punch your c**t in.

IMG_2540.jpg

They got utterly shafted by some half decent fifteen year olds, they wouldn't beat any decent men's team and would take an absolute chasing off of any professional men's team., probably double figures by half time.

7 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

The first part isn't  in much doubt.

Im sure two high profile footballers won't  mind being name checked.

I couldn't care less what you're sure about, you can take my word for it.  Between 55 and 60 caps for Scotland between them, that would be half the back four.  The US women's team would not get a single touch inside our penalty area.

14 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Except nobody is comparing the Scotland Men’s team to anything. It was a guy saying a Sunday League team would beat the US Women’s team, which is utterly ridiculous.

The best ones probably would tbf

3 minutes ago, Kuro said:

I couldn't care less what you're sure about, you can take my word for it.  Between 55 and 60 caps for Scotland between them, that would be half the back four.  The US women's team would not get a single touch inside our penalty area.

How many is it? It would be easy to check the appearances. I'll do it when you say who they are. Well done in getting 2 is half of 4 though. I'd go 3 at the back with such a good defence, push more forward to get the double figures.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

How many is it? It would be easy to check the appearances. I'll do it when you say who they are. Well done in getting 2 is half of 4 though. I'd go 3 at the back with such a good defence, push more forward to get the double figures.

Who gives the slightest fk what you'd go with.  You can take my word for it.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I'm making it up as I go along. You're the real deal.

I could name another two internationals actually, if we stretch the definition of friends a little, as well as several youth internationals and a couple of u21s.  Whether you believe me or not will not keep me awake at night.