Could your mates beat the world champions?

MONKMAN

23 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

I think many, if not all of us, will agree that women's fooball is of a lesser standard, by no means a rip on it or anything, they have improved dramatically but still falls way short of mens level, 

Ragarding the OP, no i couldnt find a team to beat the US womens team, my old sunday team arent fit enough, skillful enough yes, good enough yes, but undoubtedly fitness levels would come into it and we'd lose, however a well drilled, well trained amateur team at the top level of amateur would likely win every time, once the fitness levels are matched and it comes down to skill and physicality then i cant see the US womens team winning at all

At least the women footballers play by the same rules though, womens grand slam tennis............. 

Your Sunday League team more skilful than the Women’s USA team :lol:

Pathetic.

5 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Your Sunday League team more skilful than the Women’s USA team :lol:

Pathetic.

They wouldn't get within 10 fucking yards of any of the US Women's team.  Complete fantasy talk, but talk you would expect from a *** loser.

100% yes.

It's funny isn't it, people complain about teams like Faroe Islands or San Marino being allowed to play in the world cup qualifiers. 

Yet the San Marino would utterly gub the USA womans team and still so many have bought in to the hype.

It just shows if you get the media behind something, weak minded people soon follow.

Edited by red23

4 hours ago, red23 said:

100% yes.

It's funny isn't it, people complain about teams like Faroe Islands or San Marino being allowed to play in the world cup qualifiers. 

Yet the San Marino would utterly gub the USA womans team and still so many have bought in to the hype.

It just shows if you get the media behind something, weak minded people soon follow.

What the hell has that got to do with enjoying watching the Women's World Cup?

Edited by Lurkst

1 hour ago, red23 said:

100% yes.

This is the ramblings of a total moron. You might not have noticed but the USA women's team aren't attempting to qualify for the mens world cup.

Why are people so obsessed with mens teams being better than womens. THEY ARE NOT COMPETING AGAINST EACH OTHER. Who cares. Imagine Serena Williams winning Wimbledon and people complaining that Djokovic would beat her in 3 sets or she might get put out in round 1 by a middle ranking player like Opelka. You just sound like a total misogynistic idiot.

So your point is that women's football lags so far behind males that it is not worth watching? I don't follow that logic and if you only watch the best football in terms of pure quality then I am guessing you are just a Champions League fan boy who doesn't really like Scottish Football?

As said in another post I really enjoyed the tournament, the standard has notably improved from previous editions and I think people should make a concerted effort to get behind Womens football. I love football, its brought me a lot of great memories/friends and I (along with many other sane people) want as many people playing it as possible. If I were to have a child whether boy or girl, if they want to play football I would want them both to have lots of opportunities to do so, not just one of them based on the chance of being born a certain sex. But I guess that makes me "weak minded" unlike you.

17 minutes ago, ScottishZizou said:

This is the ramblings of a total moron. You might not have noticed but the USA women's team aren't attempting to qualify for the mens world cup.

Why are people so obsessed with mens teams being better than womens. THEY ARE NOT COMPETING AGAINST EACH OTHER. Who cares. Imagine Serena Williams winning Wimbledon and people complaining that Djokovic would beat her in 3 sets or she might get put out in round 1 by a middle ranking player like Opelka. You just sound like a total misogynistic idiot.

So your point is that women's football lags so far behind males that it is not worth watching? I don't follow that logic and if you only watch the best football in terms of pure quality then I am guessing you are just a Champions League fan boy who doesn't really like Scottish Football?

As said in another post I really enjoyed the tournament, the standard has notably improved from previous editions and I think people should make a concerted effort to get behind Womens football. I love football, its brought me a lot of great memories/friends and I (along with many other sane people) want as many people playing it as possible. If I were to have a child whether boy or girl, if they want to play football I would want them both to have lots of opportunities to do so, not just one of them based on the chance of being born a certain sex. But I guess that makes me "weak minded" unlike you.

I think a lot of people are obsessing over the men being better than the women due to the recent claims that women should get paid the same.  In the situation of national teams' prize money, I tend to agree the US should match the men due to the fact that they bring in the same if not more revenue from sponsorships etc. 

Anyone claiming the individual players' wages should be the same is way off the mark, players are only worth what clubs are willing to pay them and until the women catch up in worldwide appeal, that's just not gonna happen.

2 hours ago, red23 said:

100% yes.

Didn't you say that you watched the World cup?

14 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Didn't you say that you watched the World cup?

Pretty sure he said he watched some of the 'Axe Wound and Udders Cup' which gives you some insight into what kind of great mind is bestowing his knowledge upon us here.

1 hour ago, ScottishZizou said:

total moron.

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

They wouldn't get within 10 fucking yards of any of the US Women's team.  Complete fantasy talk, but talk you would expect from a *** loser.

How wouldnt they, a group of 14yo's not only got with "10 fucking yards of any of the US womans team" but then proceeded to play them off the fucking park

But then again your mindset is quite obvious when you bring ny support of rangers into a discussion thats got f**k all to do with them, 

3 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

So you think a good level sunday league team wouldnt get near an american u15's team? 

A good Sunday league team would not have the technical ability and skill of a professional football club youth squad, no. And they definitely wouldn’t match the skill level of the US women’s team.

12 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

A good Sunday league team would not have the technical ability and skill of a professional football club youth squad, no. And they definitely wouldn’t match the skill level of the US women’s team.

I disagree, ive seen a lot of good sunday teams nevermind sat ones that are technically good, but fair enough if you think they wouldnt get near them, 

1 hour ago, ScottishZizou said:

This! Let's compare women's football to itself in the past. It's massively improved over the years and is still fast developing. Obviously Scotland improved massively, but also countries like The Netherlands, France and England for example have a far more professional set up in women's football compared to a decade or so ago. More and more girls are taking up the game and that's a great development. We're finally getting rid of the label that football is just a "men's sport" and some people seem to be bitter about that unfortunately.

There's no argument that the women are miles behind the men when it comes to football, who cares, hopefully the SFA learn from the last warm up game and just make all the games free to enter, getting more and more young females interested/involved in football can only be a good thing for the ladies game as well as an uptick for the health of the country as a whole.

2 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

I disagree, ive seen a lot of good sunday teams nevermind sat ones that are technically good, but fair enough if you think they wouldnt get near them, 

I almost can’t believe that I’m getting dragged in to this as I hate the comparison making but Sunday league amateur teams have nowhere near the technical skill of the US women’s team 😂

Not now, but ten or fifteen or twenty or even twenty-five years ago, there is no doubt whatsoever a team of my mates would absolutely arse rape the women's world champions, possibly double figures.  Much better than Dallas u15's.  That's not a deliberate slight its just reality, there would be two senior internationals in that side, the rest at worst Scottish third and second division.  Way better than Dallas u15s.

4 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

How wouldnt they, a group of 14yo's not only got with "10 fucking yards of any of the US womans team" but then proceeded to play them off the fucking park

But then again your mindset is quite obvious when you bring ny support of rangers into a discussion thats got f**k all to do with them, 

Strictly speaking an u15 team is made up of 15 and 16 year olds, they don't actually have to be under 15.  Some very good 13 and 14 year olds is also possible.