Hi all, not as deep as the Shankland discussion but I see that for the 2nd year running Ayr have beaten AFC Fylde in a 'behind closed doors' friendly.  As an Ayr United diehard but also as a Trustee on the AFC Fylde community Trust and living one mile from Ftylde's Mill Farm,  I have not heard one thing prior to these games going ahead.

Is there a reason anyone knows off as to why these games are not full access and advertised ahead of time for such as me to attend?

McCall has also made it clear a couple of times this summer that he doesn't like playing friendlies in front of fans. He is against people paying in to watch what he views as glorified training sessions. 

1 minute ago, Hawk89 said:

McCall has also made it clear a couple of times this summer that he doesn't like playing friendlies in front of fans. He is against people paying in to watch what he views as glorified training sessions. 

I, for one, have never attended a friendly and been like wowwwwwwwwww what a game.

I was gonna head along to the Fylde game if it had been at Largs as I was driving through anyway.  Kind of wish i'd went to Glasgow anyway - proud happy clapper as I am, I still don't think i'll see us bag 5 goals many times this season!

Did Ayr mention it at all?  I can only remember McCall saying we were playing Rangers and Queens Park.  Only way I knew this was on was someone one here saying they had seen it on Fyldes twitter.   

Also - opening poster might know - is there any link between the clubs seeing as we have played similar style of game 2 years in a row ?

Edited by Hursty

3 hours ago, Hursty said:

I was gonna head along to the Fylde game if it had been at Largs as I was driving through anyway.  Kind of wish i'd went to Glasgow anyway - proud happy clapper as I am, I still don't think i'll see us bag 5 goals many times this season!

Did Ayr mention it at all?  I can only remember McCall saying we were playing Rangers and Queens Park.  Only way I knew this was on was someone one here saying they had seen it on Fyldes twitter.   

Also - opening poster might know - is there any link between the clubs seeing as we have played similar style of game 2 years in a row ?

Hi, no link as far as im aware.  The Fylde owner is a multi millionaire who used to support Blackpool until the Oystons pushed him out so decided to raise a Fylde based club to take fans away from Blackpool.  Only other link is me lol

57 minutes ago, honestman54 said:

Hi, no link as far as im aware.  The Fylde owner is a multi millionaire who used to support Blackpool until the Oystons pushed him out so decided to raise a Fylde based club to take fans away from Blackpool.  Only other link is me lol

We also signed Keigan Parker from them haha 

Nah I keep a wee look out for Fylde, Fleetwood and Blackpool through my dad as he was at the Nautical College down there in the 70's and used go to games so find it quite interesting that we have played Fylde 2 years in a row now 

Edited by Hursty

1 hour ago, Hursty said:

We also signed Keigan Parker from them haha 

Nah I keep a wee look out for Fylde, Fleetwood and Blackpool through my dad as he was at the Nautical College down there in the 70's and used go to games so find it quite interesting that we have played Fylde 2 years in a row now 

Lol, im a trustee at Fylde but a Preston NE season ticket holder

Hi all, not as deep as the Shankland discussion but I see that for the 2nd year running Ayr have beaten AFC Fylde in a 'behind closed doors' friendly.  As an Ayr United diehard but also as a Trustee on the AFC Fylde community Trust and living one mile from Ftylde's Mill Farm,  I have not heard one thing prior to these games going ahead.
Is there a reason anyone knows off as to why these games are not full access and advertised ahead of time for such as me to attend?
Would you be allowed to attend given your conflict of interests? [emoji23] Maybe they were worried you'd show?

30 minutes ago, dumpweed said:

What's your thoughts on why Danny Rowe hasn't stepped up to a higher level?

Im not sure about Rowe.  He scores a lot at times then doesnt.  He looks like a big farmer, red faced and often a bit lethargic.  I think he is a bit lazy. Ive seen him on a number of occasions and any good defender will stop him but he does get into positions to take a shot.  Im not a great fan of his tbh.

My biggest surprise is that the manager has stayed with the club for soi long but I know that David makes it financially worth his while staying

39 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Would you be allowed to attend given your conflict of interests? emoji23.png Maybe they were worried you'd show?

No conflict as I am with the Community Trust, a different part of the club.  The owner doesn't like me because as Treasurer, I find the little additional costs that he tries to slip in to grab the profits that the Trust make, such as moving or finances away from the Club to a private company which saved us £20,000 per annum and we get more out of that contract.  I think the owner is beginning to fing the cost of a rising club a little more than he bargained for and is clawing money from every corner to subsidise.

Just now, honestman54 said:

No conflict as I am with the Community Trust, a different part of the club.  The owner doesn't like me because as Treasurer, I find the little additional costs that he tries to slip in to grab the profits that the Trust make, such as moving or finances away from the Club to a private company which saved us £20,000 per annum and we get more out of that contract.  I think the owner is beginning to fing the cost of a rising club a little more than he bargained for and is clawing money from every corner to subsidise.

and as a rider, I will be a VIP guest at the match on Saturday v PNE, now there is a conflict of interest.

5 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Folk paying to watch friendly matches need watched tbh.

Unless it's a testimonial or against a huge club (Man United, Real Madrid, Dunfermline etc)

I'd much rather pay to watch Cowden play away to a highland league or lower league English team (places and grounds I have likely never been) than against Man United under 20's. People that go to those sorts of games are utter creeps.

1 minute ago, Muzza81 said:

I'd much rather pay to watch Cowden play away to a highland league or lower league English team (places and grounds I have likely never been) than against Man United under 20's. People that go to those sorts of games are utter creeps.

Which will be why I said Man United and not Man United under 20's but thanks anyway.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Which will be why I said Man United and not Man United under 20's but thanks anyway.

Man United are regularly sending their first team to play lower league SPFL sides, of course. You are most welcome though.