Season ticket sales...

On 07/07/2019 at 13:33, sirscottyoung said:

I’m only going on the listings which showed that as their ST numbers.

Scary stuff. I almost get it with Livvy as the go bust and change their name regularly so not like an established club however Hamilton were formed in the 1870’s so can’t get why the locals don’t support them !!

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Scary stuff. I almost get it with Livvy as the go bust and change their name regularly so not like an established club however Hamilton were formed in the 1870’s so can’t get why the locals don’t support them !!

Because welfare benefits are high enough nowadays to pay for their bus fares to Ibrox?

I work in the area & have only ever met 1 Accies fan and they aren’t a die hard either.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49608471

Interesting wee article on the subscription model of season tickets instead of the lump sum at the start. I wonder how much this article applies in the part-time world? Do clubs desperately need a chunk of cash at the start of the season or is it better to be spread out?

I don't have a season ticket at my club, but £20 a month comes off my pay to the East Fife account. I barely notice it, but it was £240 one month, then I absolutely would. Do clubs need to start moving towards this? How difficult is it to set up? I think as these kind of schemes develop, from a completely selfish point of view more clubs should be offering stuff for the subscribers. Do other L1 clubs have similar schemes? 

Also interesting to note Montrose, Airdrieonians and ourselves have not published (or made available) the season ticket sales. 

Interesting wee article on the subscription model of season tickets instead of the lump sum at the start. I wonder how much this article applies in the part-time world? Do clubs desperately need a chunk of cash at the start of the season or is it better to be spread out?
I don't have a season ticket at my club, but £20 a month comes off my pay to the East Fife account. I barely notice it, but it was £240 one month, then I absolutely would. Do clubs need to start moving towards this? How difficult is it to set up? I think as these kind of schemes develop, from a completely selfish point of view more clubs should be offering stuff for the subscribers. Do other L1 clubs have similar schemes? 
Also interesting to note Montrose, Airdrieonians and ourselves have not published (or made available) the season ticket sales. 
We introduced it this season. I'm not entirely sure of the details but AFAIK there is the option to pay monthly and also to pay in three installments (I think). I've no idea how successful it has been but it's something supporters have wanted for a while.

I do the same so the wife doesn't notice it as well [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

I would love us to introduce it as an option but don't want the club to have a hard first season as the team that spoke about it said they did when they first introduced it

1 minute ago, sirscottyoung said:

I do the same so the wife doesn't notice it as well emoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

I would love us to introduce it as an option but don't want the club to have a hard first season as the team that spoke about it said they did when they first introduced it

The article also makes a very solid point that, if a club starts going through a bit of a shit spell, all of a sudden people are less enthused about their DD and might cancel it. 

27 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

The article also makes a very solid point that, if a club starts going through a bit of a shit spell, all of a sudden people are less enthused about their DD and might cancel it. 

That's probably the reason it's taken so long for clubs to go down this route. The article gives some decent stats from the Norwegians who tried it though - drop out from the subscription's is around 3%, whereas they could see a 10% drop in season ticket sales when this offer isn't available. And I suppose if folk are paying it month on month and then stop paying, their entry can be revoked for any games they haven't paid for - perhaps a bit more difficult for part time sides to implement given that a season book will likely be handed to them with all vouchers included at the start of the season. A way round that would be to issue a monthly ticket to them which can be collected at the first home game of every month - means a bit more logistical work but would perhaps be easier to keep tabs on things and prevent folk from just paying the first DD then coming to all games.