EoS Premier Predictions

18 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

If we had beat you - HoB would have been worthy winners - very tight between the pair of you!

Think I need to go to bed!! Cheers!

That’s right, was the last league game... my nerves were well gone by then!

Think I need a lie down too, especially after being reminded of that 🙈😂

Cant wait to do it all over again! 

Wee prediction , Broxburn improved year after year , Bibby will have HOB up there no doubt,  Dundonald can beat anyone on their day , lithgae, Bo’ness always there or there abouts but think Penicuik might just nick it in what will be a very very tight league 

Guy on the Premier League 2019-20 page, from Tranent, said they had not paid for any incoming players this season. Straight forward; 6 players in and 6 out. That was a belter of an answer.
Ok - he was right (?), but from playing in Division two or Lowland league last year, would you not want to stay there as opposed to dropping two or one division? Unless the sign on fee / wages were too good to be true. Good luck to the guys who signed for them, (3 of which were Burgh players couple of seasons - and great guys!) but thats why relegation prediction is there!!  - Okay - we also signed two players from Berwick - but one was here before transferring to Berwick - a local guy who 'just came home'. The other came, probably because of the reputation of our manager!!
Broxburn - Great season just gone by and who knows, they may be up at the top again this season. But when we played Broxburn in the last few seasons - bar the last two - i always felt that Burgh would win - whether we did or not. 
Interesting to see come end of season who is the nearest, based on these predictions?

What a slavour u are! 4 of the 6 guys that have signed for Tranent our manager previously coached at Musselburgh. They signed for Tranent because of the manager. They had offers from elsewhere but chose to work with the manager. Hardly a big surprise with those signings.

Other 2 from Haddington

It’s not that long ago u were signing players on big wages but couldn’t afford to pay them. That reputation will be hard to shift for a few years.

As the season goes on I reckon the teams with an u20s will keep in and around as they’ll have more players to pick from over course of season with injuries or people on holiday etc, easier to call up a goalkeeper from 20s for example than sign one of a decent level at short notice over a season, if done right will maybe have a few of the 20s pushing first team players as well.

2 hours ago, Belter1 said:

What a slavour u are! 4 of the 6 guys that have signed for Tranent our manager previously coached at Musselburgh. They signed for Tranent because of the manager. They had offers from elsewhere but chose to work with the manager. Hardly a big surprise with those signings.

Other 2 from Haddington

It’s not that long ago u were signing players on big wages but couldn’t afford to pay them. That reputation will be hard to shift for a few years.

That's nice to hear! I express my thoughts rather than slavour, but you are entitled to your thoughts and comments as I and others are.

Not sure we signed players on big wages unless you know something that I don't!  Yip, there was an issue with the payment of players over a period of time, but I think that is all sorted, or as you say, your manager, would not have returned to the club again before the start of last year.

I hear what you say about the guys coming to Tranent because of Calvin, who is a very good manager and who plays football, the way it should be played  as Calvin did when he was here! You know that too or you wouldn't have signed him so quickly after he left Musselburgh.

Please do remember though, that Calvin was a good manager, when the four guys were at Musselburgh.  All left  Burgh because they wanted to go onto bigger and better teams.

That's nice to hear! I express my thoughts rather than slavour, but you are entitled to your thoughts and comments as I and others are.
Not sure we signed players on big wages unless you know something that I don't!  Yip, there was an issue with the payment of players over a period of time, but I think that is all sorted, or as you say, your manager, would not have returned to the club again before the start of last year.
I hear what you say about the guys coming to Tranent because of Calvin, who is a very good manager and who plays football, the way it should be played  as Calvin did when he was here! You know that too or you wouldn't have signed him so quickly after he left Musselburgh.
Please do remember though, that Calvin was a good manager, when the four guys were at Musselburgh.  All left  Burgh because they wanted to go onto bigger and better teams.

Don’t know about u Brian but if your signing a player and telling him your giving him x amount a week/year and not paying him it because u can’t afford it sounds to me like you are paying big wages in terms of what your club can afford. That’s just common sense

If any of the players go on to a higher level than Tranent then hopefully it’s because they have earned it and performed well for the club. As a supporter that’s all u can ask for. Would rather lose them to that than lose them for not performing.

Linlithgow should be right up there with their signings but HOB, Penicuick & Broxburn will also be in the mix. After that lot I think Dundonald, Boness, Tranent & Whitehill will be close behind.

Edited by leomessi1984

Just now, gogsy said:

Two youth players from Hamilton, a goalie , Pat Scullion and someone from Kilsyth. Aye might get them top four at a push. Ross Allum is decent though.

Allum will score goals for fun in that league and the two young boys from Hamilton are well regarded Gogs. Wouldn't put them as favourites though!

Allum will score goals for fun in that league and the two young boys from Hamilton are well regarded Gogs. Wouldn't put them as favourites though!
Not forgetting TC who also has proved he will score for fun in any league.

If we improve defensively then we wont be far away.

3 hours ago, Belter1 said:

Don’t know about u Brian but if your signing a player and telling him your giving him x amount a week/year and not paying him it because u can’t afford it sounds to me like you are paying big wages in terms of what your club can afford. That’s just common sense

If any of the players go on to a higher level than Tranent then hopefully it’s because they have earned it and performed well for the club. As a supporter that’s all u can ask for. Would rather lose them to that than lose them for not performing.

Cheers for using my name. Want to tell me yours or is that one a secret.

So again you know more than me. Not got a clue how much players earn for my club or any other club. I am sure what you say is not unique just to Musselburgh, but a number of other clubs!  

From what I gather Musselburgh are now living within their means, but your manager will know more than me on that score! 

FTFY
And when you mean "we" can we clarify is that your big team you are talking about or your wee (rose) team.
If you had the slightest bit of intelligence. Then you would understand context.

The use of 'we' is clearly contextual to the thread in which I respond.

Just like talking about brown envelopes, inflated wages and locals with 6 fingers would be contextual in the Kelty thread.

Whereas calling you a dick would be contextual in any thread.

9 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

Linlithgow should be right up there with their signings but HOB, Penicuick & Broxburn will also be in the mix. After that lot I think Dundonald, Boness, Tranent & Whitehill will be close behind.

I'm quite enjoying being written off here. People keep saying but history yet Tranent were only a premier league team in the Juniors and are being highly touted. Broxburn haven't signed anyone yet but for me were pretty lucky in the two games they beat us last year and probably only won it because Linlithgow were so lax it was unbelievable. Either way it will be a good season

4 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I'm quite enjoying being written off here. People keep saying but history yet Tranent were only a premier league team in the Juniors and are being highly touted. Broxburn haven't signed anyone yet but for me were pretty lucky in the two games they beat us last year and probably only won it because Linlithgow were so lax it was unbelievable. Either way it will be a good season

Certainly not writing off Camelon but given you have lost your best player might be tougher? Granted not sure who you have signed.

12 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Certainly not writing off Camelon but given you have lost your best player might be tougher? Granted not sure who you have signed.

At the moment we have signed a left back. Another one nearly over the line and a few more that if they come off should be this week. We just haven't been in as big a rush as everyone else because we have a good core. Yes we lost Kieran but we beat Bonnyrigg without kieran who only came on for last 10 mins. Agaisnt Spartans we held our own and he came on as a sub. We beat Crossgates away 2-0 when he was banned. Kieran was a fantastic player no doubt and we will miss him but we won't be relegation candidates I don;t think. I think we will finish around 8th or 9th