EoS Premier Predictions

As a Musselburgh supporter there is a quiet confidence here that Musselburgh will sneak into the top 5 so here goes

1   Linlithgow

2   Penicuik

3  Broxburn

4   Bo'ness

5   Hill of Beath

Won't make some happy on here but Whitehill will not finish in top half. Predictions done

Cheers for using my name. Want to tell me yours or is that one a secret.
So again you know more than me. Not got a clue how much players earn for my club or any other club. I am sure what you say is not unique just to Musselburgh, but a number of other clubs!  
From what I gather Musselburgh are now living within their means, but your manager will know more than me on that score! 

Has Geordie won anything as a manager? Genuine question and not being sarcastic.

To say Musselburgh signed players from higher leagues because of your managers reputation but Tranent only attracted them because of higher wages is well of the mark. Tranent are paying better wages than berwick, Spartans and Edinburgh city? Behave yourself. We’re paying good money but our budget is probably half of there’s.

Need to lay off the babycham spritzer’s my friend

Musselburgh are living within there means and the new guy in charge seems to be repairing the reputation so fair play to him.

No idea how it will finish. Seems to me there are a lot of teams of a similar standard and will take points off each other. Losing 2 or 3 games isnt going to be a disaster.

Should be a cracking league [emoji106]

On ‎07‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 13:15, Spyro said:

Looking at the reaction, one thing is for sure...

The “EoS Head-Gone Totally Wobbly Trophy” will be heading to Linlithgow Rose, especially when WW, Bo’ness AND Tranent finish ahead of them. Unlucky Newky, not this year mate 😂

£50 to charity says Lithgae finish above WW.

I agree with you that it's not going to go as predicted. For one thing, Linlithgow's defence was pants last year and a repeat of that against better opposition will see us drop a lot of points. When they're good, they're very, very good, but givng away goals will always take a toll. As for the whole league, we're all going by what we saw last season but we don't know how good many of the new players are or how they'll settle in. Anyone can beat anyone in this league and I'm sure there will be unexpected names at both ends.

That said, if they're anything like last season  I think WW will struggle. I'd be extremely happy to be proven wrong, I really like them. I saw them at Dalbeattie last season and though they worked hard, they carried no real threat and couldn't beat a team that were pretty poor, in a match they had to win. From what I saw last season they're no better than Sauchie or Blackburn or any of the others being tipped for the drop here. 

Anyway, I hope I'm wrong and I look forward to finding out!

13 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I agree with you that it's not going to go as predicted. For one thing, Linlithgow's defence was pants last year and a repeat of that against better opposition will see us drop a lot of points. When they're good, they're very, very good, but givng away goals will always take a toll. As for the whole league, we're all going by what we saw last season but we don't know how good many of the new players are or how they'll settle in. Anyone can beat anyone in this league and I'm sure there will be unexpected names at both ends.

That said, if they're anything like last season  I think WW will struggle. I'd be extremely happy to be proven wrong, I really like them. I saw them at Dalbeattie last season and though they worked hard, they carried no real threat and couldn't beat a team that were pretty poor, in a match they had to win. From what I saw last season they're no better than Sauchie or Blackburn or any of the others being tipped for the drop here. 

You will probably have a good idea by the end of september when teams have played 6-7 games how its going to go.

18 minutes ago, GordonS said:

WW have signed Lough and Spoule... that will fix the “no real threat”. To be fair I’ve no idea how they will get on, the LL experience will help a lot though but a lot of questions all through the team.

As for Lithgae, I’m just looking forward to the rivalry with Bo’ness off the park! It’s already shaping up to be a proper scrap... with them both eventually finishing outside the top 5 on the park if they don’t watch themselves 🍿:whistle

3 hours ago, Spyro said:

WW have signed Lough and Spoule... that will fix the “no real threat”. To be fair I’ve no idea how they will get on, the LL experience will help a lot though but a lot of questions all through the team.

As for Lithgae, I’m just looking forward to the rivalry with Bo’ness off the park! It’s already shaping up to be a proper scrap... with them both eventually finishing outside the top 5 on the park if they don’t watch themselves 🍿:whistle

Not sure how useful the experience is of losing every week 😉

Looking forward to renewing rivalry with the chaps from the muddy foreshore, not playing them was the only real miss from the conference set-up last season.

9 hours ago, Belter1 said:

Has Geordie won anything as a manager? Genuine question and not being sarcastic.

To say Musselburgh signed players from higher leagues because of your managers reputation but Tranent only attracted them because of higher wages is well of the mark. Tranent are paying better wages than berwick, Spartans and Edinburgh city? Behave yourself. We’re paying good money but our budget is probably half of there’s.

Need to lay off the babycham spritzer’s my friend

Musselburgh are living within there means and the new guy in charge seems to be repairing the reputation so fair play to him.

Genuine answer Belter, where on earth do you get from my responses, to you, that players from higher leagues signed for Musselburgh because of Geordie’s reputation, cause I never said that. If you show me where though, I will apologise to you!

You are seeing things that are not there. I was answering in response to your reply to me, where you said that players signed forTranent because of Calvin’s reputation. My reply was that Calvin was at Musselburgh, when the 4 guys all moved on to higher clubs, so he had the same reputation at that time, but they still left. For note, I acknowledged Calvin’s good management and the way he played was the right way to play.

Finally, really not sure that your question on Geordie was genuine. You have been on Pie and Bovril since at least the start of season 2017-18. So you must know that Geordie was Calvin’s number 2 - and a great partnership it was. You will also know as a supporter of a team in East Lothian, that it was only when Calvin left Musselburgh that Geordie took over as Manager. You know Penicuik won conference A last season and we finished third. You know we only played in one cup final last season and that Bo’ness beat us at Penicuik. If you genuinely did not know any of that, please do come back and you will get my second apology.

Not sure why you need to ridicule, by saying I am a slaver, then telling me to lay off the drink? Really beats me, but as said, you are entitled if it makes you feel better.

Last paragraph of your message - absolutely spot on, so thank you.

Cheers

Guy on the Premier League 2019-20 page, from Tranent, said they had not paid for any incoming players this season. Straight forward; 6 players in and 6 out. That was a belter of an answer.
Ok - he was right (?), but from playing in Division two or Lowland league last year, would you not want to stay there as opposed to dropping two or one division? Unless the sign on fee / wages were too good to be true. Good luck to the guys who signed for them, (3 of which were Burgh players couple of seasons - and great guys!) but thats why relegation prediction is there!!  - Okay - we also signed two players from Berwick - but one was here before transferring to Berwick - a local guy who 'just came home'. The other came, probably because of the reputation of our manager!!
Broxburn - Great season just gone by and who knows, they may be up at the top again this season. But when we played Broxburn in the last few seasons - bar the last two - i always felt that Burgh would win - whether we did or not. 
Interesting to see come end of season who is the nearest, based on these predictions?

Looks like u said it there Casey unless my eyes are playing tricks on me

31 minutes ago, Belter1 said:

Looks like u said it there Casey unless my eyes are playing tricks on me

One apology Belter 👍 

You are like a politician - only answering what you you want to !

Look forward to our match on 7 September. Cheers.

Here’s the other answer then. I was confused when u said about geordies reputation as I only new him to be 2nd to Calvin while at Musselburgh. I new he hadn’t won anything last season. I wasn’t sure if he had managed anywhere before and won something for u to say he had a good reputation as a manager.
Genuinely confused

Nothing against Geordie as I don’t know the guy but it was just a reply to your first comment. From what I’ve heard he does try to play football the right way so that’s good for your supporters.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎07‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 08:18, Jason King said:

far too early for making predictions but I have no issue with making myself look foolish 👨‍🎓 - after all I've been doing it for what will be 6 decades next year.

1. Penicuik
  2. boness
  3. HOB
  4. Broxburn
  5. Tranent
  6. Whitehill
  7. Linlithgow
  8. Jeanfield
  9. Musselburgh
  10. Dundonald
  11. Newtongrange
  12. Camelon
  13. Crossgates
  14. Dunbar
  15. Blackburn
  16. Sauchie

After the opening weekend, looks like I've wildly overestimated how well HOB will do and I hadn't realised at the time that Camelon had lost their best player and replaced him with an 18 year old on loan from Dunfermline. May have to shift them down a couple of places and move the Swifts up a couple.

57 minutes ago, Jason King said:

After the opening weekend, looks like I've wildly overestimated how well HOB will do and I hadn't realised at the time that Camelon had lost their best player and replaced him with an 18 year old on loan from Dunfermline. May have to shift them down a couple of places and move the Swifts up a couple.

Your judging the whole season on one game? We haven't replaced our best player with an 18 yr old from Dunfermline. Kieran anderson was a striker. Kieran Swanson a right back.  Losing our striker didn;t cost us to lose 7 goals. People talk the offiest shite.

Jeanfield last season thrashed us at carmuirs 5-1 and everyone thought they were the greatest thing but they were bang average when we drew 3-3 up their. It depends on the game sometimes its luck sometimes its just because you played shite. But to look at it based on one game is ridiculous