surely not!

19-20 Predictions

29 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

I thought CCS would be a bit before your time. Good band. You must have some size of family btw.

Doesn't everyone from Penicuik originally come from around there?! Think my dad still might be there so if anyone sees him, say hi! 🙄😂 My mum’s well older than my infamous auntie so we ended up all over the place 😉 The CCS reference went straight over my head so you’re probably right there! 😂 Played (trained!) briefly for the football team’s U19s though... wasn’t good enough as per! 🙄

Edited by Spyro

6 hours ago, Spyro said:

1. EK

2. BSC

3. The Shire

4. Kelty (Fergusson will blow it)

5. Rose

6. Edusport (or whatever they’re called)

7. Wee Rangers

8. Spartans

9. Stirling Uni

10. CCS

11. Edinburgh Uni

12. Cumbernauld Colts

13. Dalbeattie Star

14. V of Leithen

15. Gala FR

16. Gretna

1. Shire

2. East Kilbride

3. Kelty Hearts

4. Bsc Glasgow

5. Spartans

6. Bonnyrigg Rose

7. Berwick Rangers

8. Civil Service Strollers

9 . Cumbernauld Colts

10. Edusport Academy

11. Stirling Uni

12. Edinburgh Uni

13. Gala Fairydean

14. Gretna to surive another day

15. Dalbeattie Star

16. Vale Of Leithen

If the Lowland League and the EOS Premier was one 32-team big league next season, how would it finish? Would a Lowland League team still get relegated? Would an EOS Premier team get into the top eight?

Edited by lowenan

1 hour ago, lowenan said:

If the Lowland League and the EOS Premier was one 32-team big league next season, how would it finish? Would. a Lowland League team still get relegated? Would an EOS Premier team get into the top eight?

An interesting question and one that a blurry heid on a Saturday morning cannae answer 😓

1. Kelty/Shire/EK (can't put a fag paper between them imo)

4. BSC

5. Bonnyrigg 

6. Spartans/Berwick

Rest could go any way I think!

Just a mention seen Philp back in action other night like another new signing for us , we looked quite fit and on it for first friendly 

33 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Just a mention seen Philp back in action other night like another new signing for us , we looked quite fit and on it for first friendly 

Philp should solve the right back issue with young Lumsden in reserve.

19 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Be delighted if Vale stay up just to poke it right up their critics.

I don’t see where the negativity is coming from, they have recruited well. 

4 hours ago, lowenan said:

If the Lowland League and the EOS Premier was one 32-team big league next season, how would it finish? Would a Lowland League team still get relegated? Would an EOS Premier team get into the top eight?

In a word, no.

Would be 4-5 (possibly more) EoS teams below the worst LL team imo

All in all whoever wins it will do so on merit as no teams in this league give you a free pass and whoever is relegated will have put up one hell of a fight this season I bet 

Looking through the previous years, it’s amazing how good a team Dalbeattie are without getting much recognition at all.

I’m I missing something, or with the right investment, care and a bit of support, could they be a top half team consistently again?  

1 hour ago, The Informer said:

I don’t see where the negativity is coming from, they have recruited well. 

Was nae the fitba side o things I was on aboot 😉

52 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Looking through the previous years, it’s amazing how good a team Dalbeattie are without getting much recognition at all.

I’m I missing something, or with the right investment, care and a bit of support, could they be a top half team consistently again?  

I'm sure every team thinks they could be in the top half with those things. Dalbeattie have finished 14th in the past two seasons, and with those below them last season being replaced by better teams, they need to improve to avoid the drop. But they seem to have given themselves a decent chance of doing that looking at the squad. Funnily enough they only took 5/18 points from the three teams around them, whilst getting results against BSC and Kelty.

VoL haven't bettered the 13th they achieved in 15/16, and now all those below them since that season (bar Dalbeattie) have been relegated it'll be tough.

Edited by Ginaro

13 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

I'm sure every team thinks they could be in the top half with those things. Dalbeattie have finished 14th in the past two seasons, and with those below them last season being replaced by better teams, they need to improve to avoid the drop. But they seem to have given themselves a decent chance of doing that looking at the squad. Funnily enough they only took 5/18 points from the three teams around them, whilst getting results against BSC and Kelty.

VoL haven't bettered the 13th they achieved in 15/16, and now all those below them that season (bar Dalbeattie) have been relegated it'll be tough.

Yeah I suppose. They’re just a team that’s totally passed me by, I’ve never given them a second thought. When you look back at the early years of the LL, they have been very decent.

Will be interesting to see where they go IF relegated... although that’s a different topic for a different day!

Be delighted if Vale stay up just to poke it right up their critics.

Agreed, don't think it's the 'stick on' folk seem to think.

Yeah I suppose. They’re just a team that’s totally passed me by, I’ve never given them a second thought. When you look back at the early years of the LL, they have been very decent.
Will be interesting to see where they go IF relegated... although that’s a different topic for a different day!

On the same logic, WW were one of the top teams those first few years

33 minutes ago, surely not! said:

On the same logic, WW were one of the top teams those first few years

But EVERYONE talks about them! ;)