19-20 Predictions

surely not!

If the Lowland League and the EOS Premier was one 32-team big league next season, how would it finish? Would a Lowland League team still get relegated? Would an EOS Premier team get into the top eight?

Edited by lowenan

1 hour ago, lowenan said:

If the Lowland League and the EOS Premier was one 32-team big league next season, how would it finish? Would. a Lowland League team still get relegated? Would an EOS Premier team get into the top eight?

An interesting question and one that a blurry heid on a Saturday morning cannae answer 😓

33 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Just a mention seen Philp back in action other night like another new signing for us , we looked quite fit and on it for first friendly 

Philp should solve the right back issue with young Lumsden in reserve.

4 hours ago, lowenan said:

If the Lowland League and the EOS Premier was one 32-team big league next season, how would it finish? Would a Lowland League team still get relegated? Would an EOS Premier team get into the top eight?

In a word, no.

Would be 4-5 (possibly more) EoS teams below the worst LL team imo

Looking through the previous years, it’s amazing how good a team Dalbeattie are without getting much recognition at all.

I’m I missing something, or with the right investment, care and a bit of support, could they be a top half team consistently again?  

52 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Looking through the previous years, it’s amazing how good a team Dalbeattie are without getting much recognition at all.

I’m I missing something, or with the right investment, care and a bit of support, could they be a top half team consistently again?  

I'm sure every team thinks they could be in the top half with those things. Dalbeattie have finished 14th in the past two seasons, and with those below them last season being replaced by better teams, they need to improve to avoid the drop. But they seem to have given themselves a decent chance of doing that looking at the squad. Funnily enough they only took 5/18 points from the three teams around them, whilst getting results against BSC and Kelty.

VoL haven't bettered the 13th they achieved in 15/16, and now all those below them since that season (bar Dalbeattie) have been relegated it'll be tough.

Edited by Ginaro

13 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

I'm sure every team thinks they could be in the top half with those things. Dalbeattie have finished 14th in the past two seasons, and with those below them last season being replaced by better teams, they need to improve to avoid the drop. But they seem to have given themselves a decent chance of doing that looking at the squad. Funnily enough they only took 5/18 points from the three teams around them, whilst getting results against BSC and Kelty.

VoL haven't bettered the 13th they achieved in 15/16, and now all those below them that season (bar Dalbeattie) have been relegated it'll be tough.

Yeah I suppose. They’re just a team that’s totally passed me by, I’ve never given them a second thought. When you look back at the early years of the LL, they have been very decent.

Will be interesting to see where they go IF relegated... although that’s a different topic for a different day!

Yeah I suppose. They’re just a team that’s totally passed me by, I’ve never given them a second thought. When you look back at the early years of the LL, they have been very decent.
Will be interesting to see where they go IF relegated... although that’s a different topic for a different day!

On the same logic, WW were one of the top teams those first few years