19-20 Predictions

surely not!

• Shire to get somewhere around 95 points, obviously - 90 from the games themselves, additional ones for displaying flair and humility (I actually think EK are still the favourites for the title, although it will be a very exciting league regardless).
  • Top four will be Shire, EK, Kelty and BSC, in some order 
  • Gretna to go down
  •  Ferguson will have alienated and punted ~3 current players by the end of the season
  •  The all-time attendance record in the LL will be beaten by Berwick vs Bonnyrigg at some point
  •  3 Bonnyrigg posters will have a headsgone moment when they drop points to Vale of Leithen and finish 6th 
  •  The Edusport thread will smash the 100-page count

1 hour ago, AlansHotBath said:
  • Shire to get somewhere around 95 points, obviously - 90 from the games themselves, additional ones for displaying flair and humility (I actually think EK are still the favourites for the title, although it will be a very exciting league regardless).
  • Top four will be Shire, EK, Kelty and BSC, in some order 
  • Gretna to go down
  •  Ferguson will have alienated and punted ~3 current players by the end of the season
  •  The all-time attendance record in the LL will be beaten by Berwick vs Bonnyrigg at some point
  •  3 Bonnyrigg posters will have a headsgone moment when they drop points to Vale of Leithen and finish 6th 
  •  The Edusport thread will smash the 100-page count

Couldn’t have put it better myself! Boomtown Bingo anyone? 😂

1. EK

2. BSC

3. The Shire

4. Kelty (Fergusson will blow it)

5. Rose

6. Edusport (or whatever they’re called)

7. Wee Rangers

8. Spartans

9. Stirling Uni

10. CCS

11. Edinburgh Uni

12. Cumbernauld Colts

13. Dalbeattie Star

14. V of Leithen

15. Gala FR

16. Gretna

Wee Barry Backpass resigns for personal reasons by the end of October - those reasons being that he's a terrible manager and Kelty will be 10th in the table when he goes. 

EK win the title, bottle it against Forres Loco Academy who are then promoted to the SPFL after gubbing Stenhousemuir or Queens Park in the play offs. 

This consigns Gretna to relegation alongside VoL with Penicuick coming up from the EoS.

15 minutes ago, gogsy said:

1-2 will be between East Stirling/East Kilbride

3-6 will be between Kelty/BSC/Spartans/Bonnyrigg (not sure about Civil Service)

3rd place this season will be a damn sight closer to top of the league than 3rd place last season was. Possibly 6th will be a lot closer than 3rd was this season to be fair.

Its comfortable sitting on this fence.

Top 2 agree 

3-6 i think Spartans will struggle  4th at best 

I can see the league splitting very quickly into 3 mini Leagues top 5 middle 6 and bottom 5 

i dont see much to chose with the usual bottom clubs but Vale to be bottom Gretna 2nd bottom

27 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Ferguson blown/blows it patter comes along every week during the season,

Better add - Gogsy to have a VTesque meltdown come October 2nd when its pointed out every single week after every single game that Kelty play until October that Wee Barry Backpass is a horrendously shit manager. 

No matter what the result is.

40 minutes ago, gogsy said:

1-2 will be between East Stirling/East Kilbride

3-6 will be between Kelty/BSC/Spartans/Bonnyrigg (not sure about Civil Service)

3rd place this season will be a damn sight closer to top of the league than 3rd place last season was. Possibly 6th will be a lot closer than 3rd was this season to be fair.

Ferguson blown/blows it patter comes along every week during the season, mainly from the ignorant cnuts that haven't actually looked at the quality of some of the other squads playing in the league. (I'm not saying he wont blow it but it might not necessary be the case)

Good chance Berwick won't be finishing top half as the opening poster says, signing three of their reserve team from last season, two very decent Lowland league players and a haddie from Brechin (or is it smokie) doesn't look like a team expecting to be challenging at the top. Of course they might sign some more players before start of season so wait and see on that one.

Its comfortable sitting on this fence.

I think you’ve pretty nailed it to be fair Gogsy. EK have been over the course before and Shire have recruited very well. Will be interesting to see who Bonnyrigg bring in because still wouldn’t bet against them challenging in their first season.

At the other end the Star seem to have recruited well and would worry about the Vale and Gretna. 

4 hours ago, Spyro said:

1. EK

2. BSC

3. The Shire

5. Rose

7. Wee Rangers

8. Spartans

9. Stirling Uni

10. CCS

11. Edinburgh Uni

12. Cumbernauld Colts

13. Dalbeattie Star

14. V of Leithen

15. Gala FR

16. Gretna

Ooft! You’d better wear a disguise down Ainslie Park way this season.

Not disagreeing mind. But when you go back to 2013 everybody would have had Spartans in the League by now.

26 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Ooft! You’d better wear a disguise down Ainslie Park way this season.

Not disagreeing mind. But when you go back to 2013 everybody would have had Spartans in the League by now.

Pfft! I’ve got family ties from around there, I’ll be fine! I was more a CCS fan though :whistle

I’d love Spartans to do better, think they’ve lost that core that they once had and preseason deals haven’t gone great for them... I hope they prove me wrong 🤞

1 minute ago, Spyro said:

Pfft! I’ve got family ties from around there, I’ll be fine! I was more a CCS fan though :whistle

I’d love Spartans to do better, think they’ve lost that core that they once had and preseason deals haven’t gone great for them... I hope they prove me wrong 🤞

I thought CCS would be a bit before your time. Good band. You must have some size of family btw.

4 hours ago, Spyro said:

13. Dalbeattie Star

14. V of Leithen

15. Gala FR

16. Gretna

That was my thinking too - one of the four clubs south of East Kilbride will be relegated, just not sure who. 🤔

Too hard to decide on a winner, but BSC and Kelty dropped 11 points against teams in the bottom half of the table last season, so they'll need to fix that if they want to challenge for the title. 

Predict LL champions will get past the HL winners, and probably gain promotion - especially if club 42 is adrift at the bottom.

29 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

I thought CCS would be a bit before your time. Good band. You must have some size of family btw.

Doesn't everyone from Penicuik originally come from around there?! Think my dad still might be there so if anyone sees him, say hi! 🙄😂 My mum’s well older than my infamous auntie so we ended up all over the place 😉 The CCS reference went straight over my head so you’re probably right there! 😂 Played (trained!) briefly for the football team’s U19s though... wasn’t good enough as per! 🙄

Edited by Spyro

6 hours ago, Spyro said:

1. EK

2. BSC

3. The Shire

5. Rose

7. Wee Rangers

8. Spartans

9. Stirling Uni

10. CCS

11. Edinburgh Uni

12. Cumbernauld Colts

13. Dalbeattie Star

14. V of Leithen

15. Gala FR

16. Gretna

1. Shire

2. East Kilbride