Walking down the Beechwood Road

Blackie Gold

We’ve been together 7 games ur guys have played together a long while , we are on the right road 

You don’t get it mate, we are not your rivals, we don’t care how long you’ve been together, you are not in our thoughts yet, Pollok, Beith, Hurlford are. Once you get to the top table and compete come in, but at the moment you are aspirational, that’s different from being there.

I think you'll find that most grounds that we go to we get, and give, respect where it's merited. As Southerner says, you've one chancer from Darvel who is trying to Billy Big Baws his team up to be on some kind of parallel playing record with the Talbot. We haven't been in the District League, we don't normally go out of cup competitions early doors. We don't eat at their table.

Coming fae a Ta£bot supporter that’s some statement your support show no respect to any team

SEE ABOVE POST FOR AN EXAMPLE

I’m giving respect to Pollok, Hurlford & Beith who I expect to challenge for the league, stick to trolling.

2 hours ago, GG said:

Coming fae a Ta£bot supporter that’s some statement your support show no respect to any team

Respect like the comment by the Darvel doughnut about Talbot's playing style?

it's just lazy pish that might have been fair comment two seasons ago when Talbot were admittedly a bit one dimensional but just isn't close to accurate nowadays.

1 minute ago, GG said:

I have the greatest respect for the Talbot team I don’t slag the team off it’s the minority’ of there obnoxious fans I don’t like the majority of them are decent folk down there

There will be a number of Talbot fans finding it hard to sleep tonight after your observations.

5 hours ago, GG said:

Will that be all of the supporters or just the minority ? See above post.

7 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

We’ve been together 7 games ur guys have played together a long while , we are on the right road 

Three of our starting line up were signed this season, three were signed last season so hardly a team that has spent a long together. Good to see the highlights because our bang average strikers gave the best defenders in Scotland the run around.

6 hours ago, GG said:

By your post above I take it you class all as obnoxious.Do be careful not to contradict yourself in future.It is an open forum after all.

I hope that the league is a tight affair, with maybe three or four teams challenging at the very top. Last year was exceptional with two teams going head to head over three quarters of the season with Talbot having the greater staying power in the end. Hurlford will probably be there or thereabouts this season. I also think Pollok will if they can get a decent start to the season. Beith didn't have half the season last year that they had the year before when they pipped us for the title, so maybe work in progress there. Would really like to see any of the promoted teams making a real go for it to show that it can be done.

We've already had a better start than last season but that doesn't mean it's going to last. Recent signings look very good though and that augurs well for the long term benefit of the club.

Guys it's a grass pitch you can watch the game on all 4 sides they are still work being carried out and this will continue throughout the season. There is a small terraced area on one side the other 3 sides are flat standing we won't have a shelter up for Wednesday we are still waiting on planning and building warrant but we are going to put a temporary one up behind the goals at the big astro end in the coming weeks so if it's raining bring an umbrella. The car park is slightly smaller at the moment we have a 11 section modular building on it again waiting on planning . There's food stall and bar and plenty toilets .

Guys it's a grass pitch you can watch the game on all 4 sides they are still work being carried out and this will continue throughout the season. There is a small terraced area on one side the other 3 sides are flat standing we won't have a shelter up for Wednesday we are still waiting on planning and building warrant but we are going to put a temporary one up behind the goals at the big astro end in the coming weeks so if it's raining bring an umbrella. The car park is slightly smaller at the moment we have a 11 section modular building on it again waiting on planning . There's food stall and bar and plenty toilets .
Thanks for that I was misinformed Honestly was dreading another plastic pitch.