Walking down the Beechwood Road

Blackie Gold

Love this thread posts pre-match  on Friday pm/Saturday morning tend to go along the lines "looking forward to this match opposition xyz are decent, should be a good game" , posts post match go along the lines, opposition gave it a go 1st 30/45 mins , still took 3/4/5/6 goals off them.
Actually mentioned this today at the game recently we have been killing teams off in the 2nd half especially when fresh legs coming on

1 hour ago, andy25 said:

What's the story with Gordon Pope being left on the bench the last 2 games?

He’s done it with a few regular starters This season suppose squad rotation the constant changing of formation too. However Aidan Wilson has done well And helped keep another clean sheet So hard to drop  but pope is class 

Love this thread posts pre-match  on Friday pm/Saturday morning tend to go along the lines "looking forward to this match opposition xyz are decent, should be a good game" , posts post match go along the lines, opposition gave it a go 1st 30/45 mins , still took 3/4/5/6 goals off them.
Like them or loathe them, it's what Talbot do. They are unreal and the level of consistency is staggering

21 minutes ago, goalmachine said:
On 04/01/2020 at 19:05, gogsy said:

Like them or loathe them, it's what Talbot do. They are unreal and the level of consistency is staggering

Yes they are incredibly consistent and that’s what makes them very very hard to beat and wins them honours.I think it would be very interesting to see them move up into the seniors but the problem I think would be that of a village the size of Auchinleck sustaining an interest in senior football.I just don’t think the supporters would see the attraction and would prefer to stick to a localised format of junior/village football.Who knows though as that theory may very well never be tested....

Guest Nocknosh1988
29 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

Yes they are incredibly consistent and that’s what makes them very very hard to beat and wins them honours.I think it would be very interesting to see them move up into the seniors but the problem I think would be that of a village the size of Auchinleck sustaining an interest in senior football.I just don’t think the supporters would see the attraction and would prefer to stick to a localised format of junior/village football.Who knows though as that theory may very well never be tested....

They wouldn’t get our league 2 

3 minutes ago, manofthematch said:

They'd be stuck in league 2 for many a year.
Tradition gone.
More expense.
More travelling.
Playing in the main to them irrelevant dross.
Winning nothing but more cash.
If they want that crack on let other junior teams enjoy battling it out at a decent level for prizes and local pride but for me would be disasterous for talbot long term. Only an opinion.

Talbot have been vocal enough about wanting to stay junior, and we agree with all your points, but the pyramid is coming.

• 3 weeks later...