Blackie Gold

Walking down the Beechwood Road

1 hour ago, Bankie77 said:

Took in this game today. Rossvale are a very tidy outfit. Seen people on talbot thread questioning tucker tactics well the man is barely wrong today his subs were bang on 1-1 brings on a fresh striker when rossvale were tiring who goes on to link up with Wilson for the winner.  Then brings on a legend in the game that is Steven white to see the match out. Talbots work rate is immense triggered by forwards Wilson Samson and Boylan . I would love to know how talbot are so fit as there is a few bankies boys that could need talbots training ! As for rossvale I can see them winning many more games no where near relegation fodder 

I know I'm not at matches so have to watch what I say but that totally bewildered me. 

I know I'm not at matches so have to watch what I say but that totally bewildered me. 
I may have imagined this, but did the club not have to issue a statement last season backing the manager after a bit of discontent with him from the fans?

For what it's worth. As a Rossvale supporter, we have had a whirlwind 2 seasons.

Lots thought we might not even get a point in the Prem Lge. 

We came up against the benchmark today. We fell a wee bit short, but I think we showed enough to suggest that we are certainly good enough for the Prem League.

Talbot second half showed why they are, where they are. Got the goal at exactly the right time, and their confidence grew. Battered us 2nd half. 

Hopefully we will learn from today. 

Edited by DanMan

8 hours ago, energyzone said:
8 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

I may have imagined this, but did the club not have to issue a statement last season backing the manager after a bit of discontent with him from the fans?

i don't recall this. it was a near flawless season.

3 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

Great crowd at the game yesteday must have beenaround the 700 mark.

Going by last saturdays crowd at Auchinleck I would imagine 250 would have been the crowd yesterday 🤭

44 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Going by last saturdays crowd at Auchinleck I would imagine 250 would have been the crowd yesterday 🤭

1022 at Arbroath, looked a similar sized crowd to the Beechwood attendance. Nice to see lower league posters have an interest in a Talbot.

1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

I did a rough head count of about 500 to 550. Thought we might have had a few fans less after the exertions on Wednesday night up in Arbroath, but another excellent turn out.

It's now two and a half years since we last lost in the Junior Cup, to the Glens in the 2017 Final. 

You didn’t imagine it ,but it wasn’t last season can’t remember exactly when.some people call themselves fans cause they can’t call themselves supporters we’re lucky to have tucker second to none in the junior game imho.

Storm in a tea cup over some discontent with some fans over selling a player. Minority discontented but even them not calling for his head. Everyone has been behind Tucker from day 1.

Yeah How can we even question the man, the odd team selection I don't agree with but I am sure most fans at every club are like that

Storm in a tea cup over some discontent with some fans over selling a player. Minority discontented but even them not calling for his head. Everyone has been behind Tucker from day 1.

17 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:

Heard we got TAYPORT at beechwood in the cup

Bottom of the league and haven't won a league game all season , last two games lost 0-6 v Broughty and 0-5 v Carnoustie. Also lost 3-7 at home  to Dundee North End earlier on the season so be gentle on them.