Walking down the Beechwood Road

Blackie Gold

36 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Steven Wilson's needing dropped hes been rotten for weeks.

Just play him in his right position like a few others you get the best out him. The team was settled for months and ever since kelty we have been 4/5/1 So defensive. don’t understand it at all but who I am to judge tucker lol 

21 minutes ago, Botlad67 said:

Just play him in his right position like a few others you get the best out him. The team was settled for months and ever since kelty we have been 4/5/1 So defensive. don’t understand it at all but who I am to judge tucker lol 

Looking forward to taking in the Rossvale game tomorrow and giving Neill McPherson a bit of stick. 

Mainly because we have been playing teams levels above us so tucker not wanting to risk too much, I have no doubt he will go back to the formation we are all used too, Armstrong back from suspension aswell, he was heavily missed in the 2games against arbroath.

Cant blame Tucker for being a bit cautious in these type of games against league teams well aboove our level.My only gripe is how Shankland usually finds himself on the bench in those important matches.For me, Shanks is our most creative player and can make things happen and good at holding ball up, and can find a pass.Too many times Healey,, Keir and lesser extent Boylan, gave the ball back or just got rid of the ball against Arbroath at Beechwood, as i said, this is one of Shankers strengths to get the ball down, not to panic and pick a pass.Its only my opinion, but Shankland should have started probably before Healey last week although i guess its all  ifs and buts now, the games gone.

Cant blame Tucker for being a bit cautious in these type of games against league teams well aboove our level.My only gripe is how Shankland usually finds himself on the bench in those important matches.For me, Shanks is our most creative player and can make things happen and good at holding ball up, and can find a pass.Too many times Healey,, Keir and lesser extent Boylan, gave the ball back or just got rid of the ball against Arbroath at Beechwood, as i said, this is one of Shankers strengths to get the ball down, not to panic and pick a pass.Its only my opinion, but Shankland should have started probably before Healey last week although i guess its all  ifs and buts now, the games gone.
Yes I agree

Steven Wilson's needing dropped hes been rotten for weeks.

Good Psychology,andy25. Let one of your best players know he is playing like a Haddie. Then he plays a massive part in one of your best results of the season.
You should be in the frame for the Arsenal job.

Cheers [emoji106]

Good Psychology,andy25. Let one of your best players know he is playing like a Haddie. Then he plays a massive part in one of your best results of the season.
You should be in the frame for the Arsenal job.

40 minutes ago, Shanner said:

only caught second half but that was a 2-1 hammering. very one sided .

To be fair to Rossvale they had by far the better of the first half.  

Can’t see them being anywhere near the relegation places if they keep that form up. 

1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

It was Pretty even the first half but one way traffic the second 

Rossvale had the better of the first half, playing a neat passing game out of defence. We did create a number of chances, but they fully deserved their 1-0 lead. 

It was a totally different Talbot second half, and we laid siege to their goal, causing them to clear the ball much more quickly thereby conceding possession regularly. Two well taken goals ensured Talbot are through to the last 16, and we don't really care when the draw's made to be honest.

Would love to get an away draw at Kello Rovers and play in front of a packed house at Kirkconnel

Very well done to Rossvale, and as Lord Talbot mentioned earlier, keep up performances like that and you'll be playing Super League football again next season, no problem.

Took in this game today. Rossvale are a very tidy outfit. Seen people on talbot thread questioning tucker tactics well the man is barely wrong today his subs were bang on 1-1 brings on a fresh striker when rossvale were tiring who goes on to link up with Wilson for the winner.  Then brings on a legend in the game that is Steven white to see the match out. Talbots work rate is immense triggered by forwards Wilson Samson and Boylan . I would love to know how talbot are so fit as there is a few bankies boys that could need talbots training ! As for rossvale I can see them winning many more games no where near relegation fodder 

1 hour ago, Bankie77 said:

Took in this game today. Rossvale are a very tidy outfit. Seen people on talbot thread questioning tucker tactics well the man is barely wrong today his subs were bang on 1-1 brings on a fresh striker when rossvale were tiring who goes on to link up with Wilson for the winner.  Then brings on a legend in the game that is Steven white to see the match out. Talbots work rate is immense triggered by forwards Wilson Samson and Boylan . I would love to know how talbot are so fit as there is a few bankies boys that could need talbots training ! As for rossvale I can see them winning many more games no where near relegation fodder 

I know I'm not at matches so have to watch what I say but that totally bewildered me. 

For what it's worth. As a Rossvale supporter, we have had a whirlwind 2 seasons.

Lots thought we might not even get a point in the Prem Lge. 

We came up against the benchmark today. We fell a wee bit short, but I think we showed enough to suggest that we are certainly good enough for the Prem League.

Talbot second half showed why they are, where they are. Got the goal at exactly the right time, and their confidence grew. Battered us 2nd half. 

Hopefully we will learn from today. 

Edited by DanMan

8 hours ago, energyzone said:
8 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

I know I'm not at matches so have to watch what I say but that totally bewildered me. 

I may have imagined this, but did the club not have to issue a statement last season backing the manager after a bit of discontent with him from the fans?

i don't recall this. it was a near flawless season.