Walking down the Beechwood Road

Blackie Gold

Cant wait for this one, Kelty will go into the game narrow favourites but I expect Talbots big game experience to get them over the line via a replay.
As opposed to Kelty and their players lack of playing in big games? Just wow.....

1 hour ago, G4Mac said:
4 hours ago, Juniorfootball123 said:
Cant wait for this one, Kelty will go into the game narrow favourites but I expect Talbots big game experience to get them over the line via a replay.

As opposed to Kelty and their players lack of playing in big games? Just wow.....

You mean someone can't profess an opinion on an open forum?

Playing in big games is totally different to playing in a game like this, at our level. At our level there's no doubt that Talbot are the past masters of winning big games, doing so regularly, and defying the odds at times in doing so. It's a club mentality. You can have all the big game players you want, you'll not match Talbot's tenacity at securing a result. Don't just ask Talbot fans, it's well known throughout the game.

You mean someone can't profess an opinion on an open forum?
Playing in big games is totally different to playing in a game like this, at our level. At our level there's no doubt that Talbot are the past masters of winning big games, doing so regularly, and defying the odds at times in doing so. It's a club mentality. You can have all the big game players you want, you'll not match Talbot's tenacity at securing a result. Don't just ask Talbot fans, it's well known throughout the game.
There is a manner to put an opinion over without sounding presumptious and arrogant. Then there is the manner in which people love to suggest Kelty have been successful because they are bankrolled and have been well done to by the council, have Talbot never had money from local businesses or accepted support from their local council?

6 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Kelty have been council tenants since 1975, nothing has changed. :)

of course only one of the two teams has received council money, we all know which one don't we.

I heard all the other clubs in Fife get feck all. The recent backhander (correct me if I'm wrong) was a large building where the electricity and water was supplied at the taxpayers expense.

Loads of time before we head off to Kelty, and two tough league matches ahead of us. I see the weather is to be good for Saturday so no hurricane wind issues at Largs . Always a tough slog at the Barrfields so hopefully we get the up and comming cup tie behind us and concentrate on whats in front of us.

Remember that time a few years ago Kelty were going to gub Talbot in the Junior Cup..
How did that turn out?

How many of the current squad played in the first one.

And you got gubbed in both of those games.

18 minutes ago, gogsy said:

How many of the current squad played in the first one.

And you got gubbed in both of those games.

But we got there to be gubbed. Lothian Thistle usually pump you out the Scottish so you don't get many oppertunities to play at a Premier ground. Oh wait you were at Peterhead last season for a pumping, but then again that was a league two ground.

45 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

I heard all the other clubs in Fife get feck all. The recent backhander (correct me if I'm wrong) was a large building where the electricity and water was supplied at the taxpayers expense.

Stand corrected. Have a look yourself when the tie comes to see the set up. The community building is very much that, a place the whole village uses.

Looking forward to playing Talbot. No doubt you guys have been one of the stand outs in non league/junior teams in recent years vs league clubs. Getting a lot of cheap jibes aimed over from some Talbot fans....not really sure why 😮

1 minute ago, leomessi1984 said:

Stand corrected. Have a look yourself when the tie comes to see the set up. The community building is very much that, a place the whole village uses.

Looking forward to playing Talbot. No doubt you guys have been one of the stand outs in non league/junior teams in recent years vs league clubs. Getting a lot of cheap jibes aimed over from some Talbot fans....not really sure why 😮

Tell your pal gogsy to feck off then.

13 minutes ago, gogsy said:

For a start he probably cant name which clubs playing in Fife (both EOS junior and EOS league) play on parks owned by the council and if any of the ones that do have facilities local that are equivalent to what was provided for the people of the whole of Kelty. Communiyt Centre/Library all in the one building.

And we wont even mention that these facilities had been talked about being built since at least 1998 and a significant amount of the funding was through Coalfields Regeneration Trust (or something similar) funding
I

If I wanted to read about the village of Kelty I would have went on to Wikipedia. Joking apart why not come on and talk about the football without the barbed jibes. I don't want this thread turned into a Darvel clusterfuck.