Walking down the Beechwood Road

Blackie Gold

25 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I thought you weren't meant to play midweek if you had a scottish tie I was surprised you played last midweek

The west must think having the sectional league cup knockout games are more important than helping their champions, which means Talbot's opening fixtures from 27th July are as follows:

Sat-Mon-Wed-Sat-Wed-Sat^-Mon-Wed*-Sat^-Wed-Sat-Wed*-Sat^

*Assuming they win the previous league cup game

^Scottish Cup

So that's 12 games in 33 days - probably the best time for Camelon to play them.

Edited by Ginaro

6 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

The west must think having the sectional league cup knockout games are more important than helping their champions, which means Talbot's opening fixtures from 27th July are as follows:

^Scottish Cup

So that's 12 games in 33 days - probably the best time for Camelon to play them.

A bit of disrespect to Dundonald who have still to play us on Saturday. Heard at the game on Saturday that Bluebell are a much better side than Camelon.

5 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

^Scottish Cup

Got to agree with you the amount of games talbot has to play is horrendous surely they can't be happy. The sectional cup as mentioned many times before is a waste of players energy as we have to remember these guys are part time ! The main thing that concerns me is that talbot are now 2 league games behind already 2 teams have now had free Saturdays through no fault of their own and what makes matters worse is if talbot continue to progress in the cup they will call even further behind in league games and other teams will find themselves with free weeks which is not fair on the teams that lose out and it looks bad on the West league that there's such an imbalance so early on.

Got to agree with you the amount of games talbot has to play is horrendous surely they can't be happy. The sectional cup as mentioned many times before is a waste of players energy as we have to remember these guys are part time ! The main thing that concerns me is that talbot are now 2 league games behind already 2 teams have now had free Saturdays through no fault of their own and what makes matters worse is if talbot continue to progress in the cup they will call even further behind in league games and other teams will find themselves with free weeks which is not fair on the teams that lose out and it looks bad on the West league that there's such an imbalance so early on.
Talbot also have the West Champions Cup (formerly Evening Times Cup) to fit in at some point as well

50 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Surely the "best non-league club in Scotland " can cope with that run of games?

Coped last season with the fixtures. Nice to see a LL diddy taking time out from the excitement of the LL to come on to our thread and spout his usual pish!

^Scottish Cup

Any team that wins the league cup knock out rounds will have 12 games in 33 days not just Talbot.

10 minutes ago, superpollok said:

Any team that wins the league cup knock out rounds will have 12 games in 33 days not just Talbot.

No shit sherlock! . If you go back a few pages I think you will find it isn't Talbot supporters that are greeting about the fixtures but supporters from othe clubs, leagues and grades.

39 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

No shit sherlock! . If you go back a few pages I think you will find it isn't Talbot supporters that are greeting about the fixtures but supporters from othe clubs, leagues and grades.

I'm not greeting about it surprised a great institution like the juniors would do this to their clubs

1 hour ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I'm not greeting about it surprised a great institution like the juniors would do this to their clubs

Just like the LL let a club change their name to the Caledonian Braves. I nearly choked on my bran flakes when I read this.

Crazy

^Scottish Cup