Walking down the Beechwood Road

Blackie Gold

On ‎20‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 15:24, Botlad67 said:

Kilbrinie gave us arguably our hardest 2 games last year only 1-0 with Samson scoring win at vale field and 1-0 at beechwood with a late Hyslop goal . I thought kilbrinie were very good and yous have strengthened though Jamie longworth 

proves the Ladeside fans know their team :)

For the firsthalf hour Ladeside gave as good as they got, if not better, and Talbot were chasing the game at times. Two goals before the break settled things down though.

When Jamie Glasgow and Graham Wilson were subbed with 20 minutes remaining and the score 3-1 Kilbirnie must have thought "thanks feck" for that, only to be left reeling by the sheer pace of Boylan to rip them to shreds at times. Our fitness levels are bsolutely amazing, and Kilbirnie must have wondered why there would still be at least two Talbot players chasing every ball and every player even as the referee blew for full time. Fantastic bouncebackability after the Arbroath game, four wins and 15 goals speaks for itself.

On 20/12/2019 at 15:24, Botlad67 said:

Kilbrinie gave us arguably our hardest 2 games last year only 1-0 with Samson scoring win at vale field and 1-0 at beechwood with a late Hyslop goal . I thought kilbrinie were very good and yous have strengthened though Jamie longworth 

That was my thoughts, also season before so todays result was a bit of a surprise if I'm honest. 

Kilbirnie are in no man's land out the Scottish early and enough early points in league to ensure barring any disasters premier League status, quality players in the squad but far too inconsistent , on their day can beat anyone But unfortunately those days are rare ,

That was my thoughts, also season before so todays result was a bit of a surprise if I'm honest. 

Auchinleck are too good for this level and will win the Scottish Cup and the League for along as they want to. 

They should challenge themselves at the highest level possible. I understand that supporters don't want to travel but they must be getting bored winning everything. 

After their feats in the the senior and junior Scottish Cups over the years they have the financial muscle to lord it over the Juniors as long as they like, time for another level. 

15 minutes ago, the rambler said:

Auchinleck are too good for this level and will win the Scottish Cup and the League for along as they want to. 

They should challenge themselves at the highest level possible. I understand that supporters don't want to travel but they must be getting bored winning everything. 

After their feats in the the senior and junior Scottish Cups over the years they have the financial muscle to lord it over the Juniors as long as they like, time for another level. 

I will try and make a case for staying at this level 

1- employers might not give players the required time off to go to say peterhead, Elgin, or some other far away places in midweek. 

2- players have trained and gained qualifications for their chosen employment while enjoying a decent level of football. 

3- fans might not want to pay £15 per game every week to watch their game 

fb4 you have it in a nutshell.

We also have the West of Scotland Cup and the Scottish Junior Cup to compete in, rather than those in the EOSL who have some cup that nobody's ever heard of, nor wants to travel to watch. Yes, I know they're getting money every year from the SFA, but it doesn't mean they play at a better grade or watch better games. Quite the opposite I reckon.

There's lots of things to consider not just the travelling