Walking down the Beechwood Road

Blackie Gold

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Which would make a mockery of it since the West Premier is a far higher level than the lowland league and with much more strength in depth............

Kelty have scored 40 goals in 7 games , conceding only 3. Wonder how many Talbot would have taken off them. 

9 minutes ago, Viewparker said:

Kelty have scored 40 goals in 7 games , conceding only 3. Wonder how many Talbot would have taken off them. 

Exactly. Looking at their squad and business model, it appears they've chucked cash at a couple of big name (relatively speaking) players such as Austin, Scobbie and Husband but then surrounded them by sub standard ex juniors and amateurs.

Bottom line is that they looked no better as the former Kelty Hearts junior side.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

We don't know, but I think we'd certainly have a punt on it. They beat us in the past but we had our middle of defence either injured or abroad on the day. Since then, as well, due to the amount of Scottish Cup games we've now played (34) we are much more savvy about how to deal with any team's mode of playing. The Lowland League is quite clearly behing the West in terms of quality of play if Friday's result is any kind of benchmark. I'd love to see a fully functioning Pyramid system in Scotland, the problem is we won't have it whilst the SFL persist with the Lowland League and then say if the likes of Talbot, Pollok, Medda and others join you'll have to go go below that. That's an insult.

Any neutral watching the game on Friday would be saying that Talbot should be a league club. Like many other fans I wouldn't want that, but at the same time I wouldn't wish to be left behind if and when change comes. 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

We don't know, but I think we'd certainly have a punt on it. They beat us in the past but we had our middle of defence either injured or abroad on the day. Since then, as well, due to the amount of Scottish Cup games we've now played (34) we are much more savvy about how to deal with any team's mode of playing. The Lowland League is quite clearly behing the West in terms of quality of play if Friday's result is any kind of benchmark. I'd love to see a fully functioning Pyramid system in Scotland, the problem is we won't have it whilst the SFL persist with the Lowland League and then say if the likes of Talbot, Pollok, Medda and others join you'll have to go go below that. That's an insult.
Any neutral watching the game on Friday would be saying that Talbot should be a league club. Like many other fans I wouldn't want that, but at the same time I wouldn't wish to be left behind if and when change comes. 
It's an insult based on one result? No it's reality, a future west league will slot in at tier 6, just like the EoS. If the Juniors were more engaged 7 years ago then perhaps things may have turned out very different, but that ship sailed long ago.

Anyway, this is Pyramid talk and Blackie will get upset.

2 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

It's an insult based on one result? No it's reality, a future west league will slot in at tier 6, just like the EoS. If the Juniors were more engaged 7 years ago then perhaps things may have turned out very different, but that ship sailed long ago.

Anyway, this is Pyramid talk and Blackie will get upset.

I don't tend to differ on most Pyramid posts, but do here. Without reverting back to the original arguments, I believe that had the SFL come up with something resembling a fully functioning Pyramid system rather than a very basic Lowland League drawn up on the back of a fag packet there probably would have been greater involvement with the clubs themselves. The fact that there is still not automatic promotion and relegation between the non league and senior SFL sides also demeans the product.

Even teams from the far flung corners of Europe enter the Champions League play offs each season, regardless of their country's standing they're not asked to join the Europa League, a step below it. I fully accept that we should have a workable system in Scotland, we do not though, and we only have to look at the Bonnyrigg fiasco to understand that there are still huge issues administratively within the senior set up, which is why the West wasn't assimilated this season, and in all probability won't be next season because the league clubs can see themselves getting outvoted on issues like automatic promotion and relegation.

I don't tend to differ on most Pyramid posts, but do here. Without reverting back to the original arguments, I believe that had the SFL come up with something resembling a fully functioning Pyramid system rather than a very basic Lowland League drawn up on the back of a fag packet there probably would have been greater involvement with the clubs themselves. The fact that there is still not automatic promotion and relegation between the non league and senior SFL sides also demeans the product. Even teams from the far flung corners of Europe enter the Champions League play offs each season, regardless of their country's standing they're not asked to join the Europa League, a step below it. I fully accept that we should have a workable system in Scotland, we do not though, and we only have to look at the Bonnyrigg fiasco to understand that there are still huge issues administratively within the senior set up, which is why the West wasn't assimilated this season, and in all probability won't be next season because the league clubs can see themselves getting outvoted on issues like automatic promotion and relegation.

Having sat in the meetings at the time, I can assure you the SJFA/TJ had little interest in becoming involved in the LL at the outset. They could have helped shape what it became but instead criticised it and and encouraged clubs not to become involved (as did delegates of clubs who are now in the EoS). Then there was the threat that if you lost your place in the LL there was no guarantee you would be re-admitted to a Junior league.

Their opinion was the Juniors was a better product and hatched the West/East Superleague folly. It was self protectionism on TJ's part. This is where the myth of the "£150k toilet block" grew from, tales of clubs going bust due to cost circulated.

Yet even now some Junior people want to dictate when and how they enter, not going to happen and it's their own fault, nobody elses.

A west league at tier 6 next season should happen in one form or the other hopefully, clubs have it in their power to make it happen if they want it. It could have happened this season.

13 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

FFS. Pyramid shite on here now. Let's look forward to Saturday and the visit of an on fire Bellshill. A real tough tie ahead against a team who beat our cup final opponents Lanark 3-0 yesterday.

Yup,a comprehensive win for the B/Hill against a lacklustre Lanark outfit saw the Rockburn guys maintain the good form that will,hopefully,enable them to provide a test for the high flying Talbot,BG.

Thanks for that. Hopefully it'll go the same way as the rest of your Scottish Cup predictions..[emoji848]

No chance yous beat them this year. They have invested heavily and flying in league 2. A match that I certainly will be having a flutter on

8 minutes ago, Nocknosh1988 said:

No chance yous beat them this year. They have invested heavily and flying in league 2. A match that I certainly will be having a flutter on

A Fanny flutter as they say on Love Island. Or the Cumnock version Love Losing!

Edited by Blackie Gold

I know it’s a football forum and everybody is entitled to their opinion but your attention seeking is becoming boring now. Why not start a topic about your own team and spout your pish on there