Walking down the Beechwood Road

Blackie Gold

You concentrate on your own season M8. You could have been a game behind yourself but Lanark seen to that.

Sorry, is this not P&B or is it a Talbot fans forum?

Threads created that lots of fans comment on. Sorry if what I have said has touched a nerve.

Every season teams on here get criticized when a game gets called off for their own convenience, and then told not to complain about it. Same thing for your team.

8 hours ago, murphy1970 said:

Good bit short of our best but 4th gear was more than enough.

Camelon competed well but in all honesty I don’t remember Andy making a save 

Herron fired one across th box in the first half and sneddon did the same in the 2nd half. Our own tactics in the first half were our downfall

10 hours ago, TFW said:

Was far from exciting, but getting through to the next round is the most important thing. Any indication what the crowd was today Alan? I thought 600 ish?

625 the official crowd. Talbot supporters were a good bunch once they calmed down probably once they realised the ref wasnt going to be influenced by the shout. I thought talbot weren't great. The most energy they showed was when jamie glasgow came on.

The guy that shouted we left the juniors because we were shite is just an embarrassment.

I think on that subject with talking to talbot supporters is clear the west and.east dont understand each other and why we are different 

3 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

625 the official crowd. Talbot supporters were a good bunch once they calmed down probably once they realised the ref wasnt going to be influenced by the shout. I thought talbot weren't great. The most energy they showed was when jamie glasgow came on.

The guy that shouted we left the juniors because we were shite is just an embarrassment.

I think on that subject with talking to talbot supporters is clear the west and.east dont understand each other and why we are different 

Terrible game on a bad pitch. If your defence concentrated on defending instead of trying to kick our 2 strikers yous might have had a chance . Don’t remember big Andy having any saves. Comfortable in the end without playing well. 

18 minutes ago, Botlad67 said:

Terrible game on a bad pitch. If your defence concentrated on defending instead of trying to kick our 2 strikers yous might have had a chance . Don’t remember big Andy having any saves. Comfortable in the end without playing well. 

Your arse. We were just matching your physicality. You had two players for body checks. As I said first half jordan herron in the first half from left side firing it across the box low and he intercepted and same with sneddon in 2nd half.

If we hadn't been so negative and give you too much respect in the first half and played our proper team it might have been different. You showed no quality till glasgow came on. You were just a big physical team. 

It's a poor excuse too blame the pitch. It isn't a good pitch but you should have seen it 2-3 yrs ago. That game would have been like most of your junior games yesterday off

4 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I wouldn't talk about the Talbot fans Alan. I'm 60 year old and was told that if I didn't take a Talbot flag down the cretin threatened to burn it. I told him it wasn't mine so if he wanted to burn it then go ahead. He was left looking like the fanny he was, and later on he set a flare off. A shame really because I shifted and stood with some decent folk for the second half.

1 minute ago, Blackie Gold said:

I wouldn't talk about the Talbot fans Alan. I'm 60 year old and was told that if I didn't take a Talbot flag down the cretin threatened to burn it. I told him it wasn't mine so if he wanted to burn it then go ahead. He was left looking like the fanny he was, and later on he set a flare off. A shame really because I shifted and stood with some decent folk for the second half.

That's you all over just look at the negative I said talbot fans were largely good. Other than early in the game when clearly thought they could influence the ref and the idiot that shouted why we left the juniors.

The two older guys next to us were good guys.

6 minutes ago, Shanner said:

thought the wind made it hard for the players. hard fought match but Talbot the better side in the final third and could probably have won by more.

Talbot deserved to win disagree should have had more goals. I thought 2-0 flattered talbot. I just wish we had played our normal way it might have been different. On the other hand if Talbot had played jamie from the start he could have had us done by half time

23 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Talbot deserved to win disagree should have had more goals. I thought 2-0 flattered talbot. I just wish we had played our normal way it might have been different. On the other hand if Talbot had played jamie from the start he could have had us done by half time

Talbot hit the woodwork and had another couple of decent chances.  

4 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Yes but you dont score every chance in the game. Over the peace it was the right result. Good luck for next round

you might score them all or you might score none, but generally you're more likely to score if you make chances which Talbot did and Camelon (at home) didn't, i'm not sure that this is a particularly contentious point.