Walking down the Beechwood Road

Blackie Gold

6 hours ago, Thee Talbot Bing said:

I'm a dyed in the wool Talbot supporter but this cash from East Ayrshire Council isn't sitting right with me.

I can understand the sentiment of it because of the success the players and club have brought to the area but in these days of hardship I struggle to comprehend why we should be given this cash.

But this is a council that has given zero f***s to the elderly, services reduced, neglected basic things like cleaning rubbish from streets in order to save a few tuppence.

We have to remember that most of us are linked together from mining stock and families. So in times of hardship cash should be diverted to the most needed.

Talbot are a great club and I love them dearly but this is one thing I disagree with.

Good post

We at Lugar get nothing from anybody except our six sponsors who give us cash yearly .(Not a lot but almost enough to survive) You have to cut your cloth accordingly.  Why are we bottom of the pile? because unlike others we are totally neglected by all funding bodies including East Ayrshire council. If The council decide to give money to Talbot then that is their decision. We at Lugar will continue to cut our own park, line it ,roll it, Clean out clubhouses wash strips, pay refs, pay electricity and water rates and lift all the litter in Lugar and Logan and even once in Auchinleck. We will continue to soldier on at the bottom of the pile. Let me just finish by saying any team who are given great help by funding bodies are very lucky indeed. May I wish all Ayrshire teams well this season .

Edited by sweep

I suggest you get your facts right instead of believing all those rumours. Unlike Talbot, Cumnock will pay their way, dont worry about that. The fact is Talbot offered zilch for Samson, resorted to underhand tactics instead. Then you's have the cheek to accept money out of the public purse to help fund your floodlights. Teams in far greater need of financial support from the council but the lights at Beechwood must come first ehh  

I certainly dont recall this level of criticism is aimed at the Glens and Hurlford about £1000. In fact I'm sure the shindig at the grand hall would have cost more £1000.

Imo just more Talbot bashing from the gulls and if bing feels the building committee should have refused it then that's something to take up with them. Or take it up with the council who recognised several clubs in a similar manner. 

In regards to Lugur I'm sure if asked some folk could point out possible funding to seek.

15 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

I certainly dont recall this level of criticism is aimed at the Glens and Hurlford about £1000. In fact I'm sure the shindig at the grand hall would have cost more £1000.

Imo just more Talbot bashing from the gulls and if bing feels the building committee should have refused it then that's something to take up with them. Or take it up with the council who recognised several clubs in a similar manner. 

In regards to Lugur I'm sure if asked some folk could point out possible funding to seek.

Thank you for your support. We have seeked (often) over the years and have  been constantly refused .Now we are SEEK

Offering Lugar the gate money from their league cup tie v Cumnock in front of 50 fans and two dugs is Cumnock offering of paying their way ???
You quoting yet another rumour? In any case its still more than you lot offered for Samson, which was the original point and one you cannot argue against.

1 minute ago, joker1982 said:
1 hour ago, Appraisal said:
Offering Lugar the gate money from their league cup tie v Cumnock in front of 50 fans and two dugs is Cumnock offering of paying their way ???

You quoting yet another rumour? In any case its still more than you lot offered for Samson, which was the original point and one you cannot argue against.

Talbot offered money for the lad but yous tried to price him out of the game so if yous got feck all it was what yous deserved

It’s not difficult to see why people would be raising an eyebrow at such a donation from the council. Don’t see it as Talbot hating in this instance.
Imo if it was any other team no much would be said. Also last week there was an uproar because of a fixture change concerning Talbot lol

3 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

It’s not difficult to see why people would be raising an eyebrow at such a donation from the council. Don’t see it as Talbot hating in this instance.

I failed to see the posts about what the glens and Hurlford got from the council and was brought up by a guy sat in a council facility unaware of the hypocrisy. The gulls eat anything 

Edited by Killiepiyo

Considering Lugar are entitled to half the gate money anyway. Lugar would have been lucky to get three figures, embarrassing, imagine the nick of Townhead & the club would be in if they didn’t break the world record for receiving funding.

FYI - the offer of the gate money was made by your secretary at the time as in his words - “we have nae money”