Walking down the Beechwood Road

Blackie Gold

So far Talbot have signed Bryan Boylan, Corey Pearson and Kieran Healy. On their way are Ross Harvey (returned to Oz), Sean McIlroy (Beith) and David Waite (?).  I don't think it will be long before David finds a team as I thought he was a decent player when given the chance. Some decent friendly matches coming up, and probably the best Talbot strip I have seen, canny wait to see the away top.

Are there any more signings to come, do you know, or is that the squad settled?

I agree about the top. Always thought the stripes shouldn't be tampered with too much but this is a stylish tweak. I think this season will be a real test for the club after such a successful season last year. Everyone always wants to beat the Talbot but no more so than now, I reckon.

Edited by jimbaxters

23 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

Auchinleck are the scalp everyone wants-but it’s a very hard scalp to take on any occasion!We all need to up our game and consistency to match theirs.

Was Butch scalped the last time you played us. Very under par haircut.

3 hours ago, Talbot supporter said:
3 hours ago, Ceejayar said:
Where did he play when given the opportunity?

Right mid or centre mid I think, he didn't play often but when he did you could see the quality and potential.

We had him for a short time and he played left back/ left mid. Imo he’s not a central midfielder but he has quality.

5 hours ago, Talbot supporter said:

I would have kept Waite, has great potential.

Wish David all the best but it was hard for him trying to break into that team . Just need to look at the boys who were on the bench at the end of the season it’s dog eat dog 

Just looking at the fixtures there. By way of illustration of how competitive this season will be for Talbot, the first six matches are Glenafton, Darvel, Hurlford, Glenafton, KIlwinning and Beith.

Some start!

Edited by jimbaxters

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Just looking at the fixtures there. By way of illustration of how competitive this season will be for Talbot, the first six matches are Glenafton, Darvel, Hurlford, Glenafton, KIlwinning and Beith.

Some start!

Luckily wee Darvel in amongst that lot for some breathing space 🤭