All things Girvan 19/20

The Roxy

He tweeted that he has torn his ACL. Which could mean he is out for best part of a year.. Horrible news 

Ffs, not good.
Have only seen the big man play 5 or 6 minutes but not something you want to hear.
I’m sure he will be gutted and I wish him all the best with his recovery.

Heading along to this huge game today . Great interview from the manager . Very confident in his interview and dealing with the press with his chat and managerial football knowledge to give the supporters and locals a lift .

Sounds like he knows his stuff and must be heading for the big league soon .

First time watching them this season and going by the managers confidence , they sound a team . Looking forward to it .

7 minutes ago, Hawlino said:

Heading along to this huge game today . Great interview from the manager . Very confident in his interview and dealing with the press with his chat and managerial football knowledge to give the supporters and locals a lift .

First time watching them this season and going by the managers confidence , they sound a team . Looking forward to it .

It’s alright talking a good game. I went to a few Girvan matches last season and he never impressed me. He just stood on the touchline, hands in the pocket not geeing up the players at all. No wonder they got relegated 

Well that was a waste of petrol and entrance money. Girvan were as shite as I remembered them from last season. The two midgets up front couldn’t hit a barn door today. Plus the manager standing clueless with arms folded. A long long way down since the Peter Leonard days 

Bit harsh, Ian is trying his best.

Many changes from your time at the club?

Been to a few various junior games recently

Quite a few games involving Pollok also watched Dalry v Beith and Maryhill v Shettleston and Darvel v St Rochs so I'm going to take in the Maryhill v Girvan game on Saturday.

Maryhill have a mixture of experience and youth but the experience during the Shettleston game, I felt, let the team down and I believe hearing from fans during that game that they had a few missing due to work or holiday and injury. Maryhill had a good 2.1 away win but I don't know the standard of Bellshill or how that game went.

So what's the expectations for Girvan fans, especially after last week's narrow Scottish cup tie ?

Been to a few various junior games recently
Quite a few games involving Pollok also watched Dalry v Beith and Maryhill v Shettleston and Darvel v St Rochs so I'm going to take in the Maryhill v Girvan game on Saturday.

Maryhill have a mixture of experience and youth but the experience during the Shettleston game, I felt, let the team down and I believe hearing from fans during that game that they had a few missing due to work or holiday and injury. Maryhill had a good 2.1 away win but I don't know the standard of Bellshill or how that game went.
So what's the expectations for Girvan fans, especially after last week's narrow Scottish cup tie ?

It’s hard to say with Girvan this season, they to have a mix of youth and experienced at the moment. They frustrate me watching them almost every week and they are no where near as good as they were a couple of seasons ago, I think there is only 1 player left from the team that won promotion to the top flight. They have a few good players but not enough to gain promotion this season.

1 hour ago, XXX said:

It’s hard to say with Girvan this season, they to have a mix of youth and experienced at the moment. They frustrate me watching them almost every week and they are no where near as good as they were a couple of seasons ago, I think there is only 1 player left from the team that won promotion to the top flight. They have a few good players but not enough to gain promotion this season.

Never seen Girvan play so looking forward to the game and hoping for something enjoyable.

I was at the Dalry v St Rochs game a few weeks ago and that was mental, Dalry 5.0 up, then 5.2 at Half time and game finished 6.5 and was nearly abandoned because of a dafty St rochs fan.  More excitement for me then, minus the dafty fan running on and kicking the ball

Will the club be installing floodlights to retain their SFA licence? It was asked in the first page but I don't think has been answered - like other clubs, surely Girvan will have been told they have a year to meet the requirement to have lights?

Will the club be installing floodlights to retain their SFA licence? It was asked in the first page but I don't think has been answered - like other clubs, surely Girvan will have been told they have a year to meet the requirement to have lights?

I know they have had quotes which have been astronomical but I haven’t heard if they are going ahead with them. Maybe The Roxy has more information on this?

On 06/09/2019 at 22:54, XXX said:

I know they have had quotes which have been astronomical but I haven’t heard if they are going ahead with them. Maybe The Roxy has more information on this?

Just got the 2 new dugouts and work on the 7 a-side pitch, it's a work in progress.

• 2 weeks later...

From Tayport site.  Seems odd as it's like summer again.

It is reported that Girvan FC's pitch at Hamilton Park is under repair causing today's home match v Carluke to be postponed. This situation is bound to raise some concern over next Saturday's Macron Scottish Cup tie but Girvan advise that 'things should improve over the next week'

From Tayport site.  Seems odd as it's like summer again.

It is reported that Girvan FC's pitch at Hamilton Park is under repair causing today's home match v Carluke to be postponed. This situation is bound to raise some concern over next Saturday's Macron Scottish Cup tie but Girvan advise that 'things should improve over the next week'

And your point is?