All things Girvan 19/20

The Roxy

44 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Spank's hat is at a jaunty angle and also, why does the signing's torso look like an arse?

Too much time on one's hands!

C'mon jb,surely we learned further up the thread that Spanks'work is strewn with covert meanings. In fact,and this is kinda spooky,if you have another look at the sculpture and regard the wee man's mooth as his right eye,it then seems that his napper has been knocked clean off and that he's wearing ..admittedly askew...a kipper tie! 

This guy is beginning to make Da Vinci look like a painter and decorator. :o

Edited by tommyboy

I think this answers your question. Say aye to a Kipper tie!!!

No indication yet as to who the player signing his contract is!

The lad in the picture is Steven Currie. He was Hurlford Thistle's top scorer last season and was capped (and scored) for the Scotland Amateur XI. He is pacy and strong and knows where the goals are. I would expect him to do well in League One.

The lad in the picture is Steven Currie. He was Hurlford Thistle's top scorer last season and was capped (and scored) for the Scotland Amateur XI. He is pacy and strong and knows where the goals are. I would expect him to do well in League One. 

I thought he would be bigger.[emoji23]

21 minutes ago, ex-german exile said:

Nice one. Aye, he will do a job by all accounts. Some torso on him!

Spank's hat is at a jaunty angle and also, why does the signing's torso look like an arse?
Too much time on one's hands!

Someone with too much time on their hands hasn’t discovered the value of it.

C'mon jb,surely we learned further up the thread that Spanks'work is strewn with covert meanings. In fact,and this is kinda spooky,if you have another look at the sculpture and regard the wee man's mooth as his right eye,it then seems that his napper has been knocked clean off and that he's wearing ..admittedly askew...a kipper tie! 

This guy is beginning to make Da Vinci look like a painter and decorator. [emoji33]

Spanks pictures are poems without words.

I just read on another thread how Darvel Legend is raising the profile of Darvel through this site.

I think Spank is doing the same for Girvan.
This thread has probably had more views than a Girvan thread would normally have.

7 minutes ago, XXX said:

I just read on another thread how Darvel Legend is raising the profile of Darvel through this site.

This thread has probably had more views than a Girvan thread would normally have.

That and our good friend Thatsvulgar, who has agreed to come to Girvan.

3 hours ago, XXX said:

Speaking of Darvel, I have bad news I'm afraid! I have been contacted by their representatives about using 'Say Aye to a Kipper Tie'!!! 

They claim it is far too close to their daft pie saying and they are looking for me to take down any reference to it!

I genuinely can't believe them!! Actually unbelievable. A bit of fun has turned into this!!

So....in fear of getting taken to court there will be no more references to the Kipper tie!! 

The manager wasn't even allowed to wear one last night when unveiling another new player.

Dave.jpg

I thought they were selling the kipper ties at the game last night but it turns out it was just the lady in the hut had a funny accent.

She asked if I would like a “kipper tie”, or at least that’s what I thought?

I replied yes, sorry aye, as I remembered the saying.

She then asked if I take milk and sugar.

I think she was a brummie.

Speaking of Darvel, I have bad news I'm afraid! I have been contacted by their representatives about using 'Say Aye to a Kipper Tie'!!! 
They claim it is far too close to their daft pie saying and they are looking for me to take down any reference to it!
I genuinely can't believe them!! Actually unbelievable. A bit of fun has turned into this!!
So....in fear of getting taken to court there will be no more references to the Kipper tie!! 
The manager wasn't even allowed to wear one last night when unveiling another new player.

Dave.thumb.jpg.e95636bb7937aa6d5098b8feae48358d.jpg

Comedy gold.

You plonker.

9 hours ago, Thatsvulgar said:

Dave.jpg

What position will Dave be playing?

24 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

What position will Dave be playing?

Not too sure but I'm sure he will make an impact! 

I've actually just realised he looks like Gary Sparrow from the smash hit time travel comedy Goodnight Sweetheart!

Not too sure but I'm sure he will make an impact! 

I've actually just realised he looks like Gary Sparrow from the smash hit time travel comedy Goodnight Sweetheart!

He also resembles the guy from the 80s sitcom The Two Of Us! [emoji23][emoji23]