All things Girvan 19/20

The Roxy

On 07/07/2019 at 10:13, jimbaxters said:

Obviously, The Arts spring to mind. Both have demonstrated the pen is mightier than the sword. Darius lyricising poetically and Spank immortalising key Junior figures on lined A4

He is actually looking to explore some of the other arts!! Namely sculpture! Maybe the next new signing will be unveiled via a sculpture? 

8 hours ago, Thatsvulgar said:

He is actually looking to explore some of the other arts!! Namely sculpture! Maybe the next new signing will be unveiled via a sculpture? 

I'll look forward to seeing it. I wonder what style it will be. Somewhere between Rodin's The Thinker and Morph perhaps.

45 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

I'll look forward to seeing it. I wonder what style it will be. Somewhere between Rodin's The Thinker and Morph perhaps.

Or even in the style of Moore,whose famous 'Who ur you lookin' at?' is pictured below:)

image.jpeg

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

I've had a wee look at the latest piece and it kind of infuses a lot of different arts! Photography, pop art, sculpture and the juniors!

To my knowledge it's the 1st time a new signing/contract renewal will ever be unveiled this way! 

Glensmads comments about the kipper tie have been taken on board and the piece is actually called 'Say Aye to a Kipper Tie'.

8 hours ago, Thatsvulgar said:

I've had a wee look at the latest piece and it kind of infuses a lot of different arts! Photography, pop art, sculpture and the juniors!

To my knowledge it's the 1st time a new signing/contract renewal will ever be unveiled this way! 

Glensmads comments about the kipper tie have been taken on board and the piece is actually called 'Say Aye to a Kipper Tie'.

Intriguing. It's like waiting for a reprisal of The South Bank Show. Maybe Tony McInally or Carlo Walker could be our Melvin Bragg.

You're building this up mind you. I'm expecting an unveiling with a Girvan dignitary whipping a page of the Ayrshire Post off the creation. "Ta-darr!"

37 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Intriguing. It's like waiting for a reprisal of The South Bank Show. Maybe Tony McInally or Carlo Walker could be our Melvin Bragg.

You're building this up mind you. I'm expecting an unveiling with a Girvan dignitary whipping a page of the Ayrshire Post off the creation. "Ta-darr!"

Worthy of consideration jimbo,yet I doubt that they possess the artistic insight of our own glensmad; a guy whose future in oils was sadly denied by Hobbycraft's refusal to enlarge the numbers on their canvasses. :(

Anyhoo,here's a wee song to maintain the mood:)..

Recently a guy in Paris nearly got away with stealing several paintings from the Louvre.

However, after planning the crime, breaking in, evading security, getting out, and escaping with the goods, he was captured only two blocks away when his Econoline van ran out of gas. When asked how he could mastermind such a crime and then make such an obvious error, he replied: “I had no Monet to buy Degas to make the Van Gogh.”

Worthy of consideration jimbo,yet I doubt that they possess the artistic insight of our own glensmad; a guy whose future in oils was sadly denied by Hobbycraft's refusal to enlarge the numbers on their canvasses. [emoji20]
Anyhoo,here's a wee song to maintain the mood[emoji4]..

Glensmad or Spank, who is the most artistic?

And that was artistic in case some folk think otherwise.

18 minutes ago, XXX said:

Glensmad or Spank, who is the most artistic?

And that was artistic in case some folk think otherwise.

I think this answers your question. Say aye to a Kipper tie!!!

No indication yet as to who the player signing his contract is!

Sayayetoakippertie.jpg

Whilst there is a certain ethereal quality to this latest offering,there is also,worryingly,a suggestion of menace and duress as we view the wee chubby signing target being firmly held in a heidlock.

Definitely one from the artist's blue period.:unsure2:

I think this answers your question. Say aye to a Kipper tie!!!
No indication yet as to who the player signing his contract is!

Sayayetoakippertie.thumb.jpg.60dcc666e31b0c65a71b3db4ac8e536a.jpg

It does, it was like comparing Salvador Dali with a guy who works in the paint aisle of B&Q.