All things Girvan 19/20

The Roxy

10 hours ago, Thatsvulgar said:

Hi, I hope you are well?

Spoke to him last night and he's raging about taking stick on here again. He's got a few drawings from last season that he is happy for me to post. 

He took a bit of abuse for his art last season but he's at the stage where he doesn't really care about opinions anymore. He operates in facts. Cold, hard facts.

Get them posted!

8 hours ago, Thatsvulgar said:

I agree. I thoroughly believe they will bounce back this season. Spank is a firm believer in growth mindset and his players need to start buying into it too.

Do you remember the thing Rodgers done with the Liverpool squad where he had 3 players names inside envelopes? He said said those were the 3 players he believed would let Liverpool down that season! Well, Spank done something similar last season but his envelopes didn't contain the names of players who would let him down, his envelopes contained drawings of 3 players he believed would play for Scotland at 1 point!! Now, if that doesn't boost a players confidence I don't know what will.

Obviously none of those players have got anywhere near the Scotland senior squad yet but i bet they believe in themselves a hell of a lot more than they did before Spank took over. He is a positive guy but it will only get Girvan so far, he needs the squad to buy in to his methods. 

Are we to assume that he revealed the contents of the envelope to the players? Based on the previous efforts, I envisage everyone sitting as a group waiting for the reveal, only to say "but Rod Stewart, Michael Barrymore and Val Kilmer aren't even Scottish"

Edited by jimbaxters

19 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Are we to assume that he revealed the contents of teh envelope to the players? Based on the previous efforts, I envisage everyone sitting as a group waiting for the reveal, only to say "but Rod Stewart, Michael Barrymore and Val Kilmer aren't even Scottish"

Apparently one of the group,while happy at the Scotland prediction,was less than pleased that the artist had used the wrong colour on his bunnet.:(

Image result for picasso portrait

28 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Are we to assume that he revealed the contents of the envelope to the players? Based on the previous efforts, I envisage everyone sitting as a group waiting for the reveal, only to say "but Rod Stewart, Michael Barrymore and Val Kilmer aren't even 

Haha. He did actually show the team them and they were, as usual, pretty accurate sketches. Some folk loved it, some folk thought it was strange and 3 players are now believing they will run out for Scotland at Hampden. Spank calls it his 'Flashbang'. He has always said "Throw a grenade in a dressing room and some players will die, but throw a flashbang in there and players dreams can come true".  Don't know if I agree with it entirely but I kind of see what he's trying to say.

50 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Get them posted!

I will need to double check he is fine with me posting. He was a wee bit annoyed about the Jock Redmond one of his I posted a while back

Edited by Thatsvulgar

8 hours ago, Thatsvulgar said:

Haha. He did actually show the team them and they were, as usual, pretty accurate sketches. Some folk loved it, some folk thought it was strange and 3 players are now believing they will run out for Scotland at Hampden. Spank calls it his 'Flashbang'. He has always said "Throw a grenade in a dressing room and some players will die, but throw a flashbang in there and players dreams can come true".  Don't know if I agree with it entirely but I kind of see what he's trying to say.

Nice quote. Kind of like a mash up of KIpling and S Club 7

1 hour ago, tommyboy said:

Indeed. And not hard to see how the guy landed the gig as the Girvan polis sketch artist. :)

Not quite as good as Spanks flashbang pics but decent. He has given me permission to attach the picture of 1 of the players he said would play for Scotland. Don't ask who it is because I'm not allowed to say. I'm pretty sure the Girvan fans will know who it is though!! #flashbang

Flashbang.jpg

Not quite as good as Spanks flashbang pics but decent. He has given me permission to attach the picture of 1 of the players he said would play for Scotland. Don't ask who it is because I'm not allowed to say. I'm pretty sure the Girvan fans will know who it is though!! #flashbang
Flashbang.thumb.jpg.550110c3aea064ab8b7b0af9d358142e.jpg

Good to see the Girvan hills in the background [emoji1303]

15 minutes ago, Thatsvulgar said:

Flashbang.jpg

So much going on here with Mount Fuji and the rising sun in the background ( I'm guessing that the boy has some Japanese blood in his pedigree ) though worryingly,he seems to be leaning ( it may be just the way his heid is tilted) towards the path to drugs and destruction. Hopefully this isn't the case and he goes on to light up our national stadium.:)

Edited by tommyboy

3 minutes ago, tommyboy said:

So much going on here with Mount Fuji and the rising sun in the background ( I'm guessing that the boy has some Japanese blood in his pedigree ) though worryingly,he seems to be leaning ( it may be just the way his heid is tilted) towards the path to drugs and destruction. Hopefully this isn't the case and he goes on to light up our national stadium.:)

Aye, I think there are a few wee hidden messages in the drawing. I wouldn't expect anything else from him though. You can't actually tell from the picture but the signposts are made of MDF. Supposedly that's another clue as to who it is!

Flashbang.thumb.jpg.550110c3aea064ab8b7b0af9d358142e.jpg

Surely he doesn’t want you to post this?

Aye,...he was the midfield dynamo Jimbob...Did you not see the video clips ?

Anyway, for whatever reason, Adrian wasn't offered a new contract and was last years news.

Good of the new boy to turn out so early in the morning to pose for the portrait though...that just shows how dedicated these players are when they have an inspirational manager at the helm.

I have just been told who the two Bonnyton players are now
They are both good players and will do a good job for Girvan plus it makes sense as both come from Daily (less travelling) 
But a wee bit disappointed though as Bonnyton have better Dressing Rooms than Girvan ..... Just saying  like [emoji23]

What positions do these players play Billy?
I will look out for them today at the match.