William Hill Scottish Cup 2019-20

archieb

3 hours ago, Dev said:

Indeed, in the current season’s competition one current Junior (Auchinleck Talbot) and one former Junior (Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic) have hosted live televised Home fixtures in front of more than 1,500 fans.

Kelty hosted the Talbot game this season. Talbot hosted Ayr last season in the TV game.

Talbot made £82k or thereabouts in prize money alone last season before adding in all the other sundries like gate share, TV money etc. they'll likely add at least half of that this season.  Bonnyrigg made similar amounts when they got to round 4 and played Hibs a couple of seasons back.  Broxburn and Penicuik will be pocketing £21k or more this season (in addition to the SFA annual payment of course which will probably be around £10/12k).  Unheard of amounts in Junior football.

If the West of Scotland had a senior league, as you say, there could potentially be two or three clubs making good money playing in the Scottish (once Licenced of course) each season, although the gradual increase in Licenced clubs would probably bring about a restructure of the competition I expect, and a review of  prizemoney.

Edited by Burnie_man

41 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Kelty hosted the Talbot game this season. Talbot hosted Ayr last season in the TV game.

Talbot made £42k or thereabouts in prize money alone last season before adding in all the other sundries like gate share, TV money etc. they'll likely add at least half of that this season.  Bonnyrigg made similar amounts when they got to round 4 and played Hibs a couple of seasons back.  Broxburn and Penicuik will be pocketing £21k or more this season (in addition to the SFA annual payment of course which will probably be around £10/12k).  Unheard of amounts in Junior football.

If the West of Scotland had a senior league, as you say, there could potentially be two or three clubs making good money playing in the Scottish (once Licenced of course) each season, although the gradual increase in Licenced clubs would probably bring about a restructure of the competition I expect, and a review of  prizemoney.

How much did Blackburn Utd make?

49 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

How much did Blackburn Utd make?

Well, they at least already have the guarantee of taking part again next season, as opposed to the likes of Talbot.

Edited by Marten

WILLIAM HILL SCOTTISH CUP 2019-20

CLUB BONUS PAYMENTS  

Bonus payments for club participation in the William Hill Scottish Cup will be distributed as outlined below.  The sums will be paid to each club playing in each round:

Clubs playing in the 1st Preliminary Round will receive (26 clubs)  £3,000

Clubs playing in the 2nd Preliminary Round will receive (14 clubs)  £3,000

Clubs playing in Round One will receive (36 clubs)    £4,000

Clubs playing in Round Two will receive (32 clubs)    £5,000

Clubs playing in Round Three will receive (32 clubs)    £6,000

Clubs playing in Round Four will receive (32 clubs)  £20,000

Clubs playing in Round Five will receive (16 clubs)   £40,000

Clubs Playing in Round Six will receive (8 clubs)    £80,000

Semi-Finalist Clubs will receive (4 clubs)    £100,000

Loser of the Final Tie will receive    £160,000

Winner of the Final Tie will receive    £240,000

Great to see some of the former junior clubs going for it and doing well, fair play to them freshened things up.

Meanwhile the west juniors remain in the lurch pretending the junior cup is still the same.  No wonder Talbot don’t want to leave the juniors, the amount of money they’re taking in recent years is only going to extent their dominance. No point in sharing that slice of the pie.

An en mass move means everyone has access the money would be diluted. Auchinleck have been in every year for as long as I can remember. Every year the west remains, the bigger the gulf. It’s like the Old Firm in the champions league argument on a much smaller level.

I have previously seen people intimating that some posters have a vested interest in promoting the pyramid and in this instance, a move to a West of Scotland league. When I read these I thought they were wrong and that people would naturally be for or against the idea and so a debate would be inevitable.

However, seeing this thread become more and more about trying to convince Junior sides to go for it, especially by using monetary figures and pointing out that Talbot's success in the Junior competitions is blocking their route to such financial gain, I'm beginning to see they were perhaps right.

Can we maybe talk about the cup competition and the Junior involvement, keeping the pyramid stuff on the other thread?

23 hours ago, Dev said:

Well there it is. The draw has been made for the lucrative and exciting Scottish FA Cup Round 3 involving 32 clubs. With 13 clubs from outside the SPFL this shows a 30% increase on 2018/19 and 2017/18 when 10 non-SPFL clubs made it through to the same Draw. Round 3 includes:

Not saying the standard outside the SPFL hasn't increased or that ex juniors aren't brigning up the LL + LL catchments standard significantly, because they clearly are, but these figures are more down to the way the draw has worked rather than a significant increase in non-SPFL teams beating SPFL teams.

At the moment, 7 of those 16 are only in the 3rd round draw by virtue of their tie not being completed, either through a draw or postponement.

In 17/18, two non-SPFL clubs made it through to round 3 after defeating SPFL opposition. East Kilbride beat Cowdebeath and LTHV beat Stirling Albion.

In 18/19, one non-SPFL club made it through to round 3 after defeating SPFL opposition. Formartine beat Albion Rovers.

So far this season, only Auchinleck are definitely through to round 3 after beating SPFL opposition.

2 hours ago, BTID said:

An en mass move means everyone has access the money would be diluted. Auchinleck have been in every year for as long as I can remember. Every year the west remains, the bigger the gulf. It’s like the Old Firm in the champions league argument on a much smaller level.

No it wouldnt as you have to be licensed or win a qualifying competition to be in scottish cup to get the money. Most wont get licensed

3 hours ago, BTID said:

There'll be the same number of spots available in the 'proper' rounds of the Scottish Cup. I think the suggestion is that the stronger junior teams would find it easier to win a couple of qualifying rounds than have to rely on winning their league. Current LL, EoS, SS league clubs would be the ones losing out to current juniors if they moved.

43 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

There'll be the same number of spots available in the 'proper' rounds of the Scottish Cup. I think the suggestion is that the stronger junior teams would find it easier to win a couple of qualifying rounds than have to rely on winning their league. Current LL, EoS, SS league clubs would be the ones losing out to current juniors if they moved.

Lowland league teams don't play in the qualifying rounds and I again repeat other than qualifiers you need to be licensed to play in the scottish cup

4 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Lowland league teams don't play in the qualifying rounds and I again repeat other than qualifiers you need to be licensed to play in the scottish cup

Yeah, but assuming a bunch of current juniors join the pyramid and get licensed then they'll likely, over time, take the SC spots from current lowland league teams (by replacing them in the LL) as well as take some of the qualifying spots.

Just now, Gordon EF said:

Yeah, but assuming a bunch of current juniors join the pyramid and get licensed then they'll likely, over time, take the SC spots from current lowland league teams (by replacing them in the LL) as well as take some of the qualifying spots.

They may change the format but likely more qualifying rounds

4 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

They may change the format but likely more qualifying rounds

You've got 23 clubs licensed outside Tiers 1-5 already. Good chance that will hit around 30 in time for next season. Plus 8 qualifying spots to consider.

They're going to have to rejig the official rounds and not just preliminaries eventually. They'll probably try and avoid impacting SPFL clubs as long as possible though. 

9 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

You've got 23 clubs licensed outside Tiers 1-5 already. Good chance that will hit around 30 in time for next season. Plus 8 qualifying spots to consider.

They're going to have to rejig the official rounds and not just preliminaries eventually. They'll probably try and avoid impacting SPFL clubs as long as possible though. 

well they could do that Lowland and Highland Leagues may be drafted into qualifiers with just league teams making round 1 plus qualifiers

14 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

well they could do that Lowland and Highland Leagues may be drafted into qualifiers with just league teams making round 1 plus qualifiers

Depending on numbers I wouldn't be surprised if they just removed the handful of HL/LL clubs starting in Round 2. For now.