LL Records

surely not!

Had a wee think this morning about whether or not there are any official records held anywhere for the LL.

All time top appearances

All time top scorer.

Highest attendance

Game with most goals etc

Anyone got any ideas?

My guess for the first one would be Vinnie Parker

5 minutes ago, surely not! said:

Had a wee think this morning about whether or not there are any official records held anywhere for the LL.

Anyone got any ideas?

There is one official record ... he goes by the name of @HibeeJibee

33 minutes ago, surely not! said:

All time top appearances

All time top scorer.

Highest attendance

Game with most goals etc

Anyone got any ideas?

My guess for the first one would be Vinnie Parker

Would suggest there are no complete records of attendances and appearances. I tried to maintain a record last season of both and there are gaps.

560 for Kelty v Gala was last year's top.

From my records, the following players were ever-present starters in the LL in 18-19:

Jamie Mills (BSC)
Jordan Pettigrew (Cumbernauld Colts)
Jamie Barclay (East Stirlingshire)
Scott McLaughlin (Edusport)
Blair Carswell (Spartans)

The only line-up I am missing was Civil Service Strollers' v Cumbernauld Colts in their final game of the season but they had no one close to being ever present.

Craig Malcolm was top scorer with 24, Ross Allum 2nd on 16.

All-time score records:

Biggest home win: 11-2 (Spartans v Selkirk 7/12/13)
Biggest away win: 0-10 (Hawick RA v Selkirk 2/8/17)

Edited by cmontheloknow

I know from speaking to someone a while ago that the league had - at that time at least - retained all the teamsheets, as a club was using theirs to compile a historical record of their own all-time appearances. Whether that is still the case now or if they have been junked I'm not sure. It does not really get you much further forward anyway as it could be a gargantuan job to tabulate approaching 20,000 appearances over 6 years. I think appearances for the champion have possibly appeared in the annual Scottish Football Almanac.

From memory any 'Top Goalscorer' awards have been fitful unlike in EOSL where there's an annual award for league only and in all competitions. So I don't suppose goals have ever been tabulated.

Cmontheloknow has noted the highest-scoring games.

Attendances were not recorded until the season just ended. Surpassing that 560 for Barry Ferguson's unveiling is quite unlikely (IMO)... my recollection is the previous 'big crowds' were for the groundhop and some Spartans v Edinburgh City derbies at New Year and they were 450-500. I don't think Spartans v Whitehill, Gala v Hawick,, etc. or any last-day deciding games ever got that high. Prior to the season just ended only a few clubs issued crowds - Dalbeattie online, Edinburgh City and Whitehill in programmes, plus Gretna and Threave on defunct websites.

EDIT: Record LL crowd in groundhop was 491 for EK v Whitehill. I'd hope Berwick v Bonnyrigg in March will surpass that given the respective supports.

618 for Linlithgow v Jeanfield holds overall groundhop record.

EDIT AGAIN: Highest crowd for Spartans v Edinburgh City at New Year looks to have been 528 in 2015-16... Following season it was suggested there may have been "600+" at East Kilbride v East Stirlingshire, but this was just based on someone concluding it was packed (this was before they built the covered terrace) and AFAICS never corroborated.

With all of Berwick, Bonnyrigg, 'Shire and Kelty now in LL alongside growing EK and Spartans we might see these skittled several times, IMO.

Edited by HibeeJibee

I know from speaking to someone a while ago that the league had - at that time at least - retained all the teamsheets, as a club was using theirs to compile a historical record of their own all-time appearances. Whether that is still the case now or if they have been junked I'm not sure. It does not really get you much further forward anyway as it could be a gargantuan job to tabulate approaching 20,000 appearances over 6 years. I think appearances for the champion have possibly appeared in the annual Scottish Football Almanac.

From memory any 'Top Goalscorer' awards have been fitful unlike in EOSL where there's an annual award for league only and in all competitions. So I don't suppose goals have ever been tabulated.

Cmontheloknow has noted the highest-scoring games.

Attendances were not recorded until the season just ended. Surpassing that 560 for Barry Ferguson's unveiling is quite unlikely (IMO)... my recollection is the previous 'big crowds' were for the groundhop and some Spartans v Edinburgh City derbies at New Year and they were 450-500. I don't think Spartans v Whitehill, Gala v Hawick,, etc. or any last-day deciding games ever got that high. Prior to the season just ended only a few clubs issued crowds - Dalbeattie online, Edinburgh City and Whitehill in programmes, plus Gretna and Threave on defunct websites.

EDIT: Record LL crowd in groundhop was 491 for EK v Whitehill. I'd hope Berwick v Bonnyrigg in March will surpass that given the respective supports.

618 for Linlithgow v Jeanfield holds overall groundhop record.

EDIT AGAIN: Highest crowd for Spartans v Edinburgh City at New Year looks to have been 528 in 2015-16... Following season it was suggested there may have been "600+" at East Kilbride v East Stirlingshire, but this was just based on someone concluding it was packed (this was before they built the covered terrace) and AFAICS never corroborated.

With all of Berwick, Bonnyrigg, 'Shire and Kelty now in LL alongside growing EK and Spartans we might see these skittled several times, IMO.
It was never near 600. Half if lucky

Was there not another thread like this? Or was it about top scorer? I’m sure Ross Allum was the name mentioned as all time top goal scorer. There’s a chance the attendance record could go this season, especially with the bigger clubs playing each other in the final few games.

2 hours ago, craigiemack said:

Was there not another thread like this? Or was it about top scorer? I’m sure Ross Allum was the name mentioned as all time top goal scorer. There’s a chance the attendance record could go this season, especially with the bigger clubs playing each other in the final few games.

There was a discussion of all time top scorer. Think it was little more than guesswork.

Think the LL has the scoring charts for last couple of seasons archived.

• 1 year later...

Vale lost 5-0 at Bonnyrigg tonight for 10 straight defeats this season (14 if include tail end of last season); failed to score in 8 of those 10 including last 6.

Sadly there appear to be a few records here.

Selkirk lost 10 games running at the start of inaugural 2013-14 season. (Threave went 14 games without victory during 2014-15 but they got 3 draws interspersed anyway; after winning their opening game next campaign they did lose 17 on the trot, so Vale can still avoid that... similarly Preston went 19 games without victory over end of 2013-14 and start of 2014-15 but never more than 8 straight defeats... and Whitehill at end of 2018-19, but never more than 5 in a row, interestingly). As it stands therefore the only worse form is Hawick, who went 18 without a win (including 15 straight losses) start of 2017-18... they did win 1 cup-tie though.

I cannot actually find any instance of going 6 without a goal but not checked top half finishes - there could have been a club who didn't have a bad season but saw a drought somewhere. Preston shot 5 blanks start of 2015-16; then Hawick during 2017-18; and Dalbeattie start of last season.

GD -41 passes -4 per game for first time in LL history by my reckoning... Selkirk in 2013-14, Hawick in 2017-18 and Vale themself last season hovered either side of -3.

Hopefully pick up with some mid-table opponents ahead.

Edited by HibeeJibee

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

There will be some sort of shenanigans which means they don't get relegated.

Don’t think shenanigans is the appropriate description here Marshy. It’s clear what’s going to happen. If in the next couple of weeks there is no sign of government support or fans being allowed back in, at least one club will decide to drop out for the remainder of this season as they are quite entitled to do. Interestingly it may not be Vale or any of the teams at the bottom that stop relegation happening. It’s more likely one of the bigger spending clubs at the other end of the table will call it for the season. Whatever happens I’m sure everything will become clearer over the next few weeks.

5 hours ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Don’t think shenanigans is the appropriate description here Marshy. It’s clear what’s going to happen. If in the next couple of weeks there is no sign of government support or fans being allowed back in, at least one club will decide to drop out for the remainder of this season as they are quite entitled to do. Interestingly it may not be Vale or any of the teams at the bottom that stop relegation happening. It’s more likely one of the bigger spending clubs at the other end of the table will call it for the season. Whatever happens I’m sure everything will become clearer over the next few weeks.

Agreed not all about bottom club. Other clubs wi hardly any income and having travel costs etc might just call it quits for the season. 

I can't understand what Vale of Leithen are getting out of this constant relegation-dodging. Losing every single week with absolutely no prospect of it getting any better as the league continues to get stronger. Surely they'd be better to gracefully accept a relegation and look to rebuild at a level more suited to them.

32 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I can't understand what Vale of Leithen are getting out of this constant relegation-dodging. Losing every single week with absolutely no prospect of it getting any better as the league continues to get stronger. Surely they'd be better to gracefully accept a relegation and look to rebuild at a level more suited to them.

Maybes because theres one or two teams round about them in the league they have a chance of beating and a guaranteed Scottish Cup 1st round place every season to start wi.

Might no be much but a couple fluke results and a big draw = 💰💰 as opposed to the prelim route which is going to get even harder every season.

Why would anyone want to accept a relegation at any level when theres still 3/4 a season to play and if theres flaws in there to bend the rules a wee bit good luck to them.

There are others I'm sure thinking of pulling out for the season I could be way of the mark but a team from the LL managed to get out of the Scottish Cup this season.

The seethe for the Vale on here is laughable. 

Again it's no them that make the rules up. 

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

I’m pretty sure they will accept relegation gracefully if that ever happens to them. Not to sure what your point is tbh.

14 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Probably one for HibeeJibee that. Not sure of the attendance but I’d imagine EK v Celtic in the Scottish a few years back would be up there.

EK v Celtic in the 2015-16 Scottish Cup was 7,767 at Airdrie's ground.

Spartans v. Berwick Rangers in 2014-15 Scottish Cup is down as 2,500.