The Official Arbroath Appreciation Thread

The Costa del Smokie.

What's not to like. Sunshine, cracking ground, historic town, bouncing trampolines, never seen us lose there, replaced Falkirk, friendly seagulls and the dumbest MP in the country.

05-11-2017-436.jpg.271504604c0d155c44a1b4e449a51999.jpg

for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions dislike Arbroath.

It is in truth, not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are visiting, but for football and beer – for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself

Edited by I'm Brian

Sadly, I think segregation may be in force more often this season, obstructing the traditional halftime migration. Your paean of positives also omits mention of Gayfield’s unrivalled air conditioning. I don’t think I’ve seen the Lichties beat Dunfermline either so that’s something to look forward to in what will be a challenging season.

Biggest downside of the Championship is supporters being relegated to corners of tedious, indistinguishable allseater stands, far from the action and influence. Visiting all four traditional Angus grounds has always been a pleasure in and of itself.

Love this thread, It seems so many fans in the championship are loving the fact Arbroath are back and can’t wait to come back here and are putting it on there most things to look forward list for the season which is really cool, the feeling is very much mutual, it will be so exiting see all the other great teams and fans filling up Gayfield even more and creating a brilliant matchday atmosphere as we usually don’t get that unless Forfar or Montrose were in Town, It’s not just the Dundee teams but seeing Ayr again, Patrick Thistle, Dunfermline, Morton and Queens Of The South and Caley will be great,  I think every team will bring at least 500 upto 2000 as they are much bigger teams with great fan bases 

Nice fans in the championship, makes a change from all the bitter (raith rovers) fans in league 1. Looking forward to a lot of away days and certainly hope we can cause a few upsets and stay up [emoji109]

Just you wait...

Last time I was at a game at Gayfield I went to the Signal Tower Museum beforehand. Party animal, I know. It's got some really good stuff about the Bell Rock lighthouse and it's definitely worth a visit while in the town.