Scotland Squad announce before September game

11 hours ago, craigkillie said:
12 hours ago, RobbieD said:
Surely it should be Saturday evening?  Squad should be getting to together to train by Monday morning at the very latest.  Doesn't seem a good move.

They can't train together on Monday morning given that they'll still be training with their clubs for their upcoming fixtures next weekend.

That’s me looking a c**t 😳

skipped in week in my head. My fault. 

Guess given it's related to buying tickets for Russia, this is as good a place as any.  Just bought mine, but it's the first time I've gone into the system since buying a season ticket a couple of campaigns ago.  Apparently I missed an email a while back saying that I should change my password.  Which of course I ignored, it's the fucking SFA, they never say anything useful.

However, after going in today, if you didn't change your password, please do.  Mine was "wrong", so I asked to reset it, and they sent it in plain text in an email (which means that's how it's stored on their end, which is very worrying).  It wasn't one I'd chosen, so clearly something happened, and the SFA have changed everyone's password to a piece of information they had.  Now I won't say what that password will be, but I will say that if you know a person's email address and where they live, you can log into their account.  Anyone who hasn't changed it yet, do it now.  Absolutely fucking shocking from the SFA.

But anyway, the squad.  Aye, it'll likely be utterly uninspiring, won't it?

Based on current form and injuries etc:

Marshall

Bain

Kelly

McKenna

Lindsay

Bates

Mulgrew

Robertson

Taylor

O'Donnell

Palmer

McGinn

McTominay

McLean

McGregor

Armstrong

Fraser

Forrest

Christie

Griffiths

Fletcher

McBurnie

Snodgrass

Bain doesn't fill me with confidence at all but after Marshall it's slim pickings.

Burke is back in the burger van at WBA by the looks of it otherwise I'd have him in for his freakish pace.

Jack worth a call up but can't leave out any of the listed midfielders for him.

You pick Bates despite the fact that he can’t even get on the bench in the Championship and you leave out our only centre half playing regularly in the English Premiership?

Clueless! [emoji12]

Hanley plays again, he’s got to be in the squad. Phillips back playing regularly again too. McLean on the bench. Palmer missing the last couple of weeks,

Be interesting to see what the squad is

Marshall
Bain
McLaughlin

O’Donnell
Fredericks
Robertson
Bryan

Souttar
Hanley
McKenna
Lindsay

McTominay
McLean
McGinn
McGregor
Cairney
Armstrong
Christie

Forrest
Fraser
Phillips
Johnston

McBurnie
Smith
Gallagher

Hanley plays again, he’s got to be in the squad. Phillips back playing regularly again too. McLean on the bench. Palmer missing the last couple of weeks,

Be interesting to see what the squad is

Marshall
Bain
McLaughlin

O’Donnell
Fredericks
Robertson
Bryan

Souttar
Hanley
McKenna
Lindsay

McTominay
McLean
McGinn
McGregor
Cairney
Armstrong
Christie

Forrest
Fraser
Phillips
Johnston

McBurnie
Smith
Gallagher

Bain injured...
Clueless! :D

He’s also eligible for Republic of Ireland on merit he deserves to be in this squad
Don't think he should start ahead of Fraser and Forrest but deffo worth a place in the squad. He's clearly got the potential to be an international so it'd be good to take the initiative with this one instead of waiting till he's 23

Johnston has been swallowed up in every big game he's played for Celtic so far. He's clearly a talent but he's not ready yet.

“ not ready yet” depends entirely on who the alternative is

We don’t have anyone else getting a regular game on the left. Phillips can play there but he’s been playing on the right. And we don’t have anyone playing regularly in the right other than Forrest and Phillips (assuming Snodgrass and Ritchie won’t play)

On that basis there is no doubt that Johnston should be in the squad. He’s the best we’ve got if Fraser is out.

Why is Shankland such a ridiculous suggestion, doesn't matter what level the guy is a goal scoring machine and will be high on confidence, that's what you need in strikers. Maybe involve him this time and bring him on late on if we need a goal,  would it be so outrageous to give him a game against Cyprus and Kazakhstan.