Scotland Squad announce before September game

Mulgrew hasn’t featured for Wigan yet this season.

Marshall

Fredericks
Hanley
McKenna
Robertson

McGinn
McTominay
McGregor

Forrest
McBurnie
Fraser

He played the full 90 minutes against Stoke in midweek. And he only signed just over a week ago.

Based on current form and injuries etc:

Marshall
Bain
Kelly

McKenna
Lindsay
Bates
Mulgrew
Robertson
Taylor
O'Donnell
Palmer

McGinn
McTominay
McLean
McGregor
Armstrong
Fraser
Forrest
Christie

Griffiths
Fletcher
McBurnie
Snodgrass

Bain doesn't fill me with confidence at all but after Marshall it's slim pickings.
Burke is back in the burger van at WBA by the looks of it otherwise I'd have him in for his freakish pace.
Jack worth a call up but can't leave out any of the listed midfielders for him.

Still no place for Mulgrew or Bates.

Wigan moved to a back 3 last night after some poor performances but it didn't seem to help as they lost in Middlesbrough. Their defence has been dire apparently, so maybe a chance for Mulgrew at the weekend before the squad gets announced. Marshall also getting a fair amount of stick as their new GK for not commanding the box enough. Don't think the goal was his fault though.

Presumably a bunch of changes in defence and attack coming. Hanley is a cert with so few CB's starting. Souttar & Naismith possibly back at the weekend for Hearts too.

Has anyone heard anything about Fredricks since the story in the paper?

8 minutes ago, RobbieD said:

Surely it should be Saturday evening?  Squad should be getting to together to train by Monday morning at the very latest.  Doesn't seem a good move.

Could still be Saturday evening I suppose when Clarke finds out if anyone gets injured or not playing for their club. I imagine the players will find out the squad a bit before it's announced so could very well be a Monday announcement along with training starting.

Edited by C. Muir

Several players are "certs" but Grant Hanley definitely isn't one of them. He hasn't been in a squad for about 2 years.
Neither had Oli Burke but Clarke picked (and started) him.
There were 5 CBs in the last squad. Devlin and Souttar are currently unlikely to be there. I'd be surprised if Hanley doesn't take one of those places.

Surely it should be Saturday evening?  Squad should be getting to together to train by Monday morning at the very latest.  Doesn't seem a good move.
They can't train together on Monday morning given that they'll still be training with their clubs for their upcoming fixtures next weekend.

27 minutes ago, charger29 said:

There were 5 CBs in the last squad. Devlin and Souttar are currently unlikely to be there. I'd be surprised if Hanley doesn't take one of those places.

Burke was in the previous squad. He started against Kazakhstan.

Burke was in the previous squad. He started against Kazakhstan.

Tried to wipe that game from my memory. The Kazakhstan/San Marino squad was the first one he had been in for 2 years.

Players can come back into squads years later. Especially when we are lacking in that position and have a new manager.

I think there were five centre-backs (and four goalkeepers) because it was Clarke's first squad and he wanted to take a look at everyone. It'll probably drop down to four CBs again.
My guess would be Cooper/Halkett/Hanley coming in with the players you mentioned dropping out.