Scotland Squad announce before September game

5 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

That's possibly our strongest lineup, though the only reliable holder in midfield is McT. Do we need a second? Then again don't want to fall into that same trap Rangers did and play too many sitters and leave ourselves short in creativity.

Also, Cooper. I just have a bad feeling about him. There's been a strong suggestion before that he wasn't keen on playing for us, and his career so far screams 'journeyman'. Bates and Mulgrew at least give a tad of consistency at CB from previous squads

Journeyman? Coopers been at Leeds for 5 years and counting.

4 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Right-footed centre-backs are more likely to have had experience playing with other right-footed centre-backs and therefore having to play on the left of a two. Very few left-footed centre-backs have much experience on the right of a two.

Players can adapt to it, but it does take a very particular type of player. I'm not sure a big lump like McKenna or Lindsay could do it as well as a more cultured player like Mulgrew has done.

This is absolute nonsense, its a total skoosh for any CB to play either side, really doesn't matter at all.  The number of times in a season they will be put in a position where it makes them uncomfortable would be miniscule, its just nonsense dreamt up by fans.

Mulgrew is utterly finished and should be nowhere near this team.  Incidentally, Harry Souttar would probably be starting for me, he's better than everyone else we have available.  But clueless u19 and u21 coaches have fucked that for us.

3 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Cooper has come on leaps and bounds under Bielsa and has shone for a top Championship team for a number of years now. Bates has been dumped by a crap Hamburg team and can't get a game for Sheff Wed.

Have you watched these players play at all?

Exactly, Bates is struggling badly, Lindsay should obviously be ahead of him now, just not even up for debate.  Continuity from two games is laughable pish, its not like they've been playing for five years.  And Souttar of course, would also be ahead of him.

2 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Do we ever the same centre back pairing two games running.

We don't have an obvious first choice pair, the only obvious starter is McKenna.  There's no point picking Bates who can't get a game for Sheffield Wednesday just cause we picked him before or Mulgrew who just got punted by Blackburn cause he's utterly finished just cause he's 'experienced'. 

Cooper, Lindsay and H Souttar are the three best Scottish CB's on the planet right now who are available for these games, making it a total no brainer all three should be in the squad and two of them starting.

Guest DAVIDB69
Not very often. I wonder if there is some correlation with our results?

I do think there might be and we pick more different players than the other home nations.

I would be confident a huge amount of them would be centre backs and defenders in general

56 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

Hazard out injured. I'm going baws oot 2-1 win against Russia and 0-0 against Belgium.

Obviously their squad still absolutely pisses on ours, but we need to see this as a reason to go for it.  Sure Mertens, Lukaku, Batshwhy (I'm no looking up the spelling for that) and de Bruyne could still tear us to shreds, but if we do get a win against Russia, we need to go out on Monday with positivity.  Again, I hate the term, but get right fucking intae thum.

Actually, f**k it.  That squad's shite

Courtois?  Lanky streak of piss, looks like Tim Henman
Vertonghen?  Plays for Spurs
Alderweireld?  Basically a handsome haircut.  and plays for Spurs
Denayer?  No denying he wisnae even good enough for Celtic
Meunier?  If we wanted someone popular with Arabs we'd get Shankland
Carrasco?  China-money-chasing roaster
Tielemans?  Brendan's fluffer
Dendoncker?  Shite name, probably a shite player
Mertens?  Fancy-dan Tom Daley in disguise
Lukaku?  Shite from the Inter fans, big man, but you're still shite
Trossard?  Largs is better than Brighton
De Bruyne?  Looks afraid of the sun, should be playing for us really
Benteke?  Costume of a man, scared of the ball

After that I'm convinced we'll win 8-0

Edited by forameus

2 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

I'm just doing that then, no chance will it be a sell-out. Crowd will probably be around 35-40k. 

Looking at the available tickets online, there's potentially not a huge amount left.  Of course, that depends on whether the "unavailable" sections have just not been opened.  Only 10 blocks showing as having any availability, and a lot of them are random seats.  Might be worth buying online to collect in case there's no cash gate, but who knows.

9 minutes ago, forameus said:

Looking at the available tickets online, there's potentially not a huge amount left.  Of course, that depends on whether the "unavailable" sections have just not been opened.  Only 10 blocks showing as having any availability, and a lot of them are random seats.  Might be worth buying online to collect in case there's no cash gate, but who knows.

I assumed the Celtic end wasn't opening until on the night for potential walk-up punters (much like the last few games where we've seen that end pretty barren).

42 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Frightening that Matt Phillips is still getting in squads and has a chance of playing

Frightening you didn't mention Shankland getting a call up ahead of him tbh.